Used 1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

A little good a little bad
By Ben

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon SW2 4dr Wagon

I bought this Saturn at 100k and drove it for five years. I had to put a lot of money in up front (new tires, struts, some transmission work). Engine always ran fine. Metal shield on the bottom kept having to be re-riveted after it would start an awful rattle. City mileage 19(winter) to 25 (summer) in Chicago. A little too long but excellent cargo capacity. Eventually sold it to the mechanic after the alternator failed at 150k. Rugged basics, but many little repairs over time, EGR valve, front calipers, tie-rod, CV joint, corroded connecting between cat and muffler, fan belt wheel, etc...so heart of the car was solid, death by pin-pricks.

Favorite Features

Cargo capacity, inexpensive, decent mileage

Suggested Improvements

wish it were a little short, for easier parking/turning,

Above and Beyond
By djr6065

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon SW1 4dr Wagon

This little wagon had been sitting for 2yrs with a dead battery and a very bad timing chain. The dealer sold it thinking it was done for sure with over a 195,000 miles on the clock. We paid $350 dollars for it only because it had a very nice aquamarine body and a very nice interior. We changed the battery, installed a new timing chain and gears, fresh oil and filters in both engine and transmission, and new set of spark plugs. The little car fired right up and ran like a clock. Passed state inspection with no problems. After 2 months of driving it has averaged 38 to 42 miles to the gallon and did I mention it's an automatic.

Favorite Features

The front end looks great, and the fuel economy is outstanding, the a/c is cold and it's fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I'm 6'3" and it is hard to get into and even harder to exit, but the economy you get is worth it!

SW2 Wagon
By ford4ever

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon SW2 4dr Wagon

Bought used as a temporary replacement after hearing good things about Saturn's. There's nothing good about this car. It's underpowered & not economical. Burns a quart of oil every 500 miles, reverse and 2nd gear are shot ($2700 to repair), mysterious intermittent ignition, catalytic converter is noisy and needs replacing, not good on gas.

Favorite Features

Ample cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Improve power and reliability.

I love mySaturn Wagon
By toke

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon SW1 4dr Wagon

Having always driven imports I really wanted a domestic for a change and wanted a station wagon. The Saturn has been reliable and inexpensive to own. I paid twice for similar repairs on the Acura that I previously owned. The engine had been replaced in this car and has prvided ample performance and economy. Would I buy another? Absolutely.

Favorite Features

Probably the best feature for this car is the standard transmission. I've always driven a stick and was looking for a Saturn wagon with one. Suprisingly, there a lot of them out there.

Great Little Get Around Town Wagon
By CougGirl

1995 Saturn S-Series Wagon SW2 4dr Wagon

My Saturn experience was mostly positive. The car ran pretty good although road noise was a problem at times. My major complaint with the car was oil consumption. The car was always using oil and neither the dealership or private repair shops could find the reason. It's a great little get around wagon and I would recomend it.

Favorite Features

It is a great looking little wagon.

Suggested Improvements

An engine that doesn't use oil.