Used 1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 Consumer Reviews - 35 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

1995 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

My only new car was a dud!
By Jeff

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I loved the concept of Saturn. These were supposed to be smartly designed cars with some revolutionary concepts like plastic siding that was resistant to dings. I also liked the idea of a low flat sticker price that was non-negotiable. I started out a fan and was tempted to drive to the annual Saturn picnic. I'm glad I didn't. The car probably would have broken down on the way. Of all the cars I could have chosen to be my first new car, this was about the worst choice I could have made. Almost immediately, the drivers side window would drip on me as I drove. I took the car in multiple times for this and they never resolved the issue. Apparently, they had removed the rain gutters this year and it presented a design flaw. The car also burned oil like a maniac right from the start. The thing was gutless too, although it did get pretty good gas mileage. It finally blew a head gasket at around 80,000 and I traded it in for a used car. I don't think I got more than a few hundred for it.

Saturn 95 sl1 (automatic)
By sal2011

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car a year ago and didn't know anything about cars or the company Saturn. I would recommended this car for a average joe that knows something about this car.Really easy problems to fix that i know Saturn did mistakes especially the automatic Saturn, like the value body and the engine coolant sensor and connector as well. in conclusion i have spent $500
total for this car in parts like the value body 200 brakes and rotors 150 oil, fuel filter 30 and sparks plugs n wire, pcv 60 and thermostat + antifreeze 40 to do a flush. also the coolant sensor and connector 20.No mechanic has put there hands on this Saturn.the car run good and smooth.i would recommend the car in a manual.

Good gas saver car love the style of the car.

just that Saturn would fixed there Value body for free

The GM I have owned
By robert

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

My wife and I had a 89 Mercury trace and the valves got bent so we needed a car. My wife's friend sold us our Saturn and we love it. We plan to keep it around for a long time! My wife drives the car mostly in town for dr. appts, shopping, taking the kids to school, visiting friends and escorting me around! LOL! We take about 3-5 long instate trips a year, and really rely on our vehicle on a daily basis. We only have had to do a few things to it- we had to fix the serpentine belt, alternator, spark plugs, plus BASIC maintenance. (oil change, brakes, fluids etc.) we highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a highly reliable family vehicle!

we love the gas mileage it gets! its a 4 door! plenty of room for the kids and dog! fun to drive, shifts smoothly and best of all is sleek and stylish (for the year)

can be lower easier to work on

200,000 miles no breakdowns
By 46514

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

What a great car this has been. The only mechanical items I've replaced are the starter at 200,000 and the belt tensioner at about 150,000. I'd recommend the 1995 Saturn to anyone looking for a good dependable used car. 34 MPG combined mileage. I've got the 1.6 SOHC engine.

34 miles per gallon and the fact it's never let me down.

Love this Car
By ATWA

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Bought it about a yera ago. Aside from a few repairs after a wreck, this car is a tank. I blew a tire, rear-ended someone and it only got a few scratches and a slightly loosened engine mount ($450 total for 4 tires and mount!). That ladies car was wrecked. Cost $20 to fill the thing at $2.51 per gal. and is easy to maintain. Never have problems outside of usual maintenance.

Reliability, durability, gas mileage, sits low to the ground (I'm 5'5)

Better sound system. Car is 15 years old and can't complain much.