1995 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Saturn 95 sl1 (automatic)
By sal2011 on 05/05/11 23:45 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I purchase this car a year ago and didn't know anything about cars or the company Saturn. I would recommended this car for a average joe that knows something about this car.Really easy problems to fix that i know Saturn did mistakes especially the automatic Saturn, like the value body and the engine coolant sensor and connector as well. in conclusion i have spent $500 total for this car in parts like the value body 200 brakes and rotors 150 oil, fuel filter 30 and sparks plugs n wire, pcv 60 and thermostat + antifreeze 40 to do a flush. also the coolant sensor and connector 20.No mechanic has put there hands on this Saturn.the car run good and smooth.i would recommend the car in a manual.

The GM I have owned
By robert on 08/27/10 21:56 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

My wife and I had a 89 Mercury trace and the valves got bent so we needed a car. My wife's friend sold us our Saturn and we love it. We plan to keep it around for a long time! My wife drives the car mostly in town for dr. appts, shopping, taking the kids to school, visiting friends and escorting me around! LOL! We take about 3-5 long instate trips a year, and really rely on our vehicle on a daily basis. We only have had to do a few things to it- we had to fix the serpentine belt, alternator, spark plugs, plus BASIC maintenance. (oil change, brakes, fluids etc.) we highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a highly reliable family vehicle!

200,000 miles no breakdowns
By 46514 on 11/06/09 13:16 PM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

What a great car this has been. The only mechanical items I've replaced are the starter at 200,000 and the belt tensioner at about 150,000. I'd recommend the 1995 Saturn to anyone looking for a good dependable used car. 34 MPG combined mileage. I've got the 1.6 SOHC engine.

Love this Car
By ATWA on 07/16/09 15:19 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Bought it about a yera ago. Aside from a few repairs after a wreck, this car is a tank. I blew a tire, rear-ended someone and it only got a few scratches and a slightly loosened engine mount ($450 total for 4 tires and mount!). That ladies car was wrecked. Cost $20 to fill the thing at $2.51 per gal. and is easy to maintain. Never have problems outside of usual maintenance.

170K and still going
By Danny--Texas on 06/20/09 20:01 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

We bought this 1995 SL1 new. My wife drove it, I drove it, my son drove it, and then I bought it back from him when he bought a new car. I'm still driving it at 170K. We have put a couple of alternators on it and replaced the brakes, clutch and radiator. The engine is still solid and runs great. Headliner is falling down and plastics are cracking, but we still enjoy driving this little car!

Best Car Ever
By bobert_14 on 05/14/09 07:57 AM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

this was my first car and i miss it sooo much. it had 250,000 miles on it when the transmission went and i couldnt afford to fix it. great little car with awesome gas millage. would give anything to have it back.

Underwiters Laboratories
By AZMike on 07/20/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I got my 1995 Saturn in 4/04 with 112,000 miles. It was a gift from my mother upon graduation from a 10 month rehab. program. Today the car has 214,000 miles and has been very inexpensive and easy to fix. I do most of the work myself. During my times of relapse I abused this car beyond belief. I ran the oil so low (for 300 miles) that it ticked like a bomb. I'm surprised the boys from Homeland Security didn't pay me a visit. I used my tranny as a brake and blew a valve seal. On my most current & 3rd trip from Ft. Lauderdale to Phoenix the water pump sprang a healthy leak in Sarasota, Fl. I still made it! The car gets awesome gas mileage, I recorded 42 hwy & 35 city

Loyal to the end
By Patty on 07/12/08 11:23 AM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I got this car for college. It was 6 years old and had 30K on it. Now it has 115K, and I'm sad to let it go. I'm not a car expert, but this car got me from point A to point B for 7 years. I drive my cars hard- turn sharply, gun it on green lights, take very long trips, etc. Gas mileage is around 30mpg with 50/50 city/hwy driving, though the AC makes mpg and acceleration suffer. Regular maintenance & checks are a must. Things don't go wrong often, but when they do, they really go! Serpentine belt tensioner is faulty (had it replaced at 53K and now it needs a new one again!) Interior door panel broke off and can't be fixed. Overall, they won't last forever, but they're great while they last!

Great Commuter Car
By Josh on 04/07/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car from my aunt as my first car, so it has been in the family for its entire life. I reckon that it is the best $250 that I have ever spent. The mileage is still extremely low (62,000) and it is running strong. The most expensive maitenence that has ever been done is a break job, by me, and new tires, also done by me. The car has never given me any troubles and it will drive strong for antoher 5-10 years I am sure. I filled it up today from the absolute bottom of the tank for $30 at $3.25 per gallon, and that will last me for a whole week. absolutley the best value and well built. I would reccomend this car to anyone.

Probably the luckiest purchase ever
By Pavel Yarmolenko on 11/08/07 20:54 PM (PST)

1995 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I'm now looking for a new (used) car, but it's going to be hard to say goodbye to this one. I've had it since junior year of high school (7 years ago), and I put more than 100,000 of its 206,000 miles on it. During this time I have put less than $2000 into it on maintenance (including oil changes). Some facts: 1.All Saturns drink oil-many engines were killed by people who did not bother to check it. Getting an OEM PCV valve may help some. 2.Door lock relays may burn up alternators - beware of the poorly routed electrical system/components. 3.If this car seems slippery it's probably the tires - make sure you research the tires you buy (more $ is not necessarily better traction).