Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Good Car
By saturn724

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Been a good car for me. Bought with 57,000 miles and now has 109,000. Repairs/replacements: fuel regulator ($200), value seal ($75), battery ($50), tires ($300)and muffler ($90). The resale is disappointing though.

Exterior sytling, fold down rear seats.

none

Great First Car!!!
By joedoh85

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I loved this car! I bought it off someone in my family and had it for a year before a truck hit me and it was totalled. This was the perfect first car for me... great gas mileage, EASIEST standard to use, good accelaration, sporty feel, etc. I did however have to put in some money for some repairs at 150,000 miles. Needed to replace entire exhaust over 1 year, pricey brake job, engine problem gave me 50 miles less per tank of gas. (Never did figure out what was wrong). Would have loved to keep the car for another 4 years (if it hadn't been totalled).

Moonroof!!! Great accelaration, gas mileage, good response, very easy clutch, cheap first car with sporty feel, etc.

no cupholder, better horn location (almost impossible to locate in emergency situations), poor stock sound system, moonroof became very rusty, somewhat noisy at high speeds.

6 years & still going
By satowner

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used in 98. I drove it across the country and it's still going. While it loses speed up steep hills and has a slow take off, it starts every day. It has had few problems and still gets 30 mpg. I plan to drive it for a few more years. Other cars I have owned (used)only lasted a few years before I gave up on repairing them every week.

MPG is great & the price of repairs is cheap. Need I say more?

Rain run off from windshild to driverside window. More power.

Great car
By DC-Gump

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car has been great to me ever since I bought it at 75k. It now has 128k miles and no major problems. She starts perfect every time and I still get over 30mpg. She is starting to eat oil now, so I put a quart in every 1k miles. The largest problems I have with the car are due to shoddy body repair work. Parts replaced: power steering pump ($300), timing chain (x3 because of my dad)($750ea.), fuel pump ($300), starter($250), manifold($250), headers($300), catalytic convertor ($600), windshield ($600).

Handling is great. Gas mileage is very nice. Variable speed intermitant wipers. Variable vent ajustments

Bigger wheels, more power, more comfortable seats, 5 speed transmission. A better way to secure the interior panels as they keep breaking off doors the and door frames, really anoying.

183000 miles!
By KVOhio

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This was the first real car I bought (meaning, it wasn't a $700 piece of junk or given to me by my sister). I have had it since 1997 (bought for $10,000) and it now has 183,000 miles. It has served me well for 7 years and I would probably keep it but minor things are starting to go wrong and I just don't want to keep putting money into it (the sunroof is broken, the window sticks sometimes, etc.) But, I have NEVER replaced the clutch...and have mainly done simple routine maintenance.

seats that flip down so I can carry my bike, sunroof when it worked, the price!

addition of cup holders, better sound proofing, horn that's easier to actuate