1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews 6

1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
my car gives me trouble!!!
By amyindenver on 12/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I have replaced about every part under the hood of my car. I bought it used, and maybe the previous owners were negligent, but my car has given me the most trouble of any car I've owned. I hear Saturns have an excellent customer satisfaction rating, but mine hasn't proven that to be true.

Reliable transportation
By Happy Saturn Owner on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Bought the car used with 120,000 mi. on it. In the last 2 years we've put 50,000 more on it without one problem. The interior is small but the car handles great. If you want cheap reliability and operation this is a good choice in my experience.

amw
By air2amm on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I had a transmission problem the first week I owned the car. The dealer fixed it and extended my warranty at no cost to me. The sunroof got stuck open at the end of my warranty, but because I had reported problems earlier, they fixed it under warranty. Besides these 2, I have had no problems over the life of the car.

200K
By SaturnProponent on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 SL2 used (from Ford dealer) for $7000. Yesterday, my Saturn went over the 200,000 mile mark, and its probably good for another 50- 100K. Its a standard, and I had to put a new clutch in at 130K, but other than that, and routine maintenance, it has been maintenance and trouble free. I purchased it in Colorado, drove it to my first job in Oregon, and a few years later, drove it to my present job in Rhode Island. Its functioned well in all locations, and seems eerily indestructable. What the Saturn is, is boring, reliable, low-maintenance transportation. I can only hope whatever car I get in the future can be this good.

Great little car
By Lissy95 on 11/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car recently in addition to owning a SUV, I drive about 125 miles per day for work, so gas was killing me! This has great gas mileage. I bought it with 86K and already hit over 100K after 5 months of driving it. No problems yet, just had to replace brake pads. So far I love it, great car car for a great price!!!

I Love My Car
By Janey on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

This is the most fun, reliable car I've ever owned. Was surprised how great it handles on snow. Great turning around curves and handles superbly. I bought new in 1993 with few maint. problems. Kept up the required maint. and the car has responded with a wonderful 10 years of reliable driving. I love this car!!!

1994 SL
By pjdepietro on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It has been a nice and dependable car. I hope to get another 50,000 miles or more out of it. It still looks good.

Fun 2 Drive
By Sportster on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2000 with 83K miles on it for 2Gs(has 120K now). I had to replace a collapsed motor mount ($65)and the alternator ($65) as soon as I got it home. I replaced sparkplug wires($20) last year, and this year the headliner ($50). Except for the headliner, I did the repairs. Other than that, it's just been oil and gas. It's fun to drive, handles well, gets 34 mpg. I'd like a larger engine, but the 1.9 twin-cam engine and 5-speed manual transmission do the job OK. Seems to be easy on tires too. I like the car.

My first Car -
By Evil_Toesock on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, its a manual. The only 2 complaints I have with this car is that the take off is slow and the fan doesn't come on until like 7/8 of the way hot, but other than that, I love it. A mechanic told me that saturns tend to run a little hot and the fan doesn't cut on until its about 7/8 hot. Mine just quit working so im gonna rig a switch. Its been all the way hot and never over heated. I wouldn't worry about it! I love driving it etc. It's very comfy for smaller people and is very efficient on gas. I would recommend this car.

A well built car
By jacobsstcg on 06/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Having owned my Saturn for about 4 years now I can honestly say that this car has been extremely reliable and a great means of transportation. I lived in the Sierra Nevada Mountains of California when I orginaly bought this car and I was very pleased with it performance in snow and other heavy winter weather. I now live in the Bay Area and drive back and forth to the Central Valley often and the gas mileage is still right around 30 mpg even with the DOHC engine. I have had to put very little work into this car since I have had it and the work I have done on it has all gone very smoothly thanks to the well thought out Saturn engineering.