Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1994 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Most Helpful|
Went Lookin for an old SL1
By Wild4stangs

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 94 SL1 sedan from a friend of mine, who has a son that works in a local Saturn dealer. This car was traded in by the original owner. Car has 217k on it, and the engine was replaced at around 150k. I purchased the car purely as a commuter car, as I drive 110 miles round trip daily, and diesel was getting way too expensive. This car runs perfect, and has been getting low 40's in the MP department! This is no BMW, but for what it is, it is a nice little beater

Favorite Features

AC, 5 speed and MPG!

Suggested Improvements

Leg room

Brave Little Toaster
By Chrisitan

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I would have to say that I love this car for all of the basic reasons you would need a car for. I have owned this car for just over 2 years and have only replaced the alternator once, had new brakes put on, and got new tires. Not bad for an emergency buy. My problem with this car is that everything that is not mechanical on this car that can break, has broken. From the covers on those annoying mechanical seatbelts to the vent grills on the dashboard, just about every single cosmetic feature of this car is a piece. The dome light falls off the ceiling for no reason. The radio mysteriously changes stations by itself for no apparent reason. It goes on, and on, and on...

Favorite Features

The car just will not die. Never once has this car ever left me stranded anywhere, and I drive it a lot. I can't say this enough, if you just want a car to get you from point A to point B then this is your ride. Don't buy it if you are concerned with anything other than transportation.

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle integrity. After a minor rear ending, the car was essentially totalled. I still drive it, but the front driver seat reclined all the way back if you lean on it. The other driver's insurance company wrote me a check for the value of the car after a measley rear end fender bender.

Nice Car--Valve Body Issues
By DSL2

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Great little economy car for the family. It gets great gas mileage, comes well loaded with options, has reasonably crisp acceleration for a car it's size. We purchased an SL2 automatic, and have had problems with the valve body. It's been replaced twice in the last two years at $710 for parts and labor. OUCH!

Favorite Features

Easy to drive--you think you're driving faster than you really are. GM parts are fairly inexpensive. Good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable transmissions

I hate this car
By jason1979

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I kept having problems after 60K miles

It might not dent but it cracks
By Sparky420

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I purchased a used 1994 SC2 w/ 60k for $7500. Within 2 months I needed a new transmission. Five months later the car was nearly totalled by a minivan but repaired. After that the car was nothing but trouble. It finaly died when the timing chain blew a hole in the head. The only saving grace of the car was it was a blast to drive.

Favorite Features

Simply fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

What designer puts two cupholders in the back seat and none in front?