Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Fantastic SL
By werner339

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I couldn't be happier with this car. With 230K miles, I've only replaced minor components, plus usual wear and tear, like 1 alternator, 1 battery. 5 sets of tires. Suspension is original, motor never gone into, still gets mid 30sMPG, doesn't burn oil. Interior still excellent, paint peeling from desert sun to be expected.

It's comfortable for an econobox, and the MPG. Plastic body panels, 14 years later and no dents.

I wish I could think of one. For the price, it was a bargain.

Lots of Potential
By Mike

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle as my first car, and am very satisfied. Awesome milage (41 with a K&N Airfilter + straight through muffler), good cornering because it's very light (only 300 lbs. heavier than a Lotus Elise), and can be quick with very few mods and the knowledge of how to drive a stick. Fun to drive. Only problems are poor weather sealant, rusts everywhere but the body, some interior panels could be more secure, bad drivers window, and needs a quart of oil every 1,500 miles. Hopefully I can fix it with an oil cooling kit. Awesome car. Thanks Saturn!

Great mileage, can be fast, high corner speeds possible.

More secure body panels, oil burning shouldn't be an issue for a '94 (I guess almost all Saturn owners have this problem).

The Little Car That Could
By OffRoad P.R.

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I've had my SLII for nearly 10yrs and it won't die. It's been stolen, in several fender benders, gone on long road trips, never had covered parking and it's in good condition and runs like a champ! It's by no means a luxury vehicle, but it still gets great gas mileage and has comparative get-up-n-go to current cars in it's class. It's encouraged her family members to purchase Saturns, all at very affordable prices. After 14yrs it still passes the state's strict smog standards, has never broken down or left me stranded, and I would guess is close to or over 300,000 miles on the engine (odometer was broken 5yrs ago when it was stolen). I love my Saturn!

Get up n go! The twin overhead cam with a standard transmission makes it comparatively quick to other cars in it's class.

The engine is outliving the aesthetics of the vehicle: paint, interior.

Low Quality Car
By jerry

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Overall this car never left me stranded. But, the quality of the car was not good. It only had 76,000 mile on it when I bought it. Yet trim pieces fell off all the time, one of the power windows only worked sometimes, many little things. However, the major issue was that the engine block actually broke where the motor mount bolted to the block (not the mount but the actual block). Thus, I have a perfectly running engine with 82,000 miles on it. But no way to bolt the engine to the car. Pretty much makes the car (or at least the engine) worthless.

Car had a lot of nice features.

Improve quality

Lasted
By BKilla

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I never had any problems with my Saturn. It did have an oil leak so I stopped getting my oil changed 4 years ago and just started adding new oil in it. I have put well over 203,000 miles on this car without any problems. Seriously. I had wanted a new car so I kept thinking that with not getting its oil changed it might break down or something, but it never did! I actually sold it, and I must say I know it will keep going strong with the amount of miles and the sad sad way I abused it. (yes I know I was young & dumb I will never not change the oil in a car again)

Reliability.

Way too small. Nobody could sit comfortably in that back seat!