1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Great car
By Frank on 02/01/06 11:03 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car has truely surprised me, I bought it for $3K in 2000, expecting it to last me one year, but here we are six years later and the car is truely running strong. It as a great center of gravity for those times you want to punch it on the curves. It saves on gas, it have a nice body design and it has been fun to drive. The only major work I've had to do on this 12 year old car is change the clutch, other than that, it's super!

What a car!
By MacHappy on 09/21/05 20:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I am so pleased with my Saturn SL2. I bought it new in August of 1994. It has been our primary car, family car and now my work car. On a recent trip to Eastern Washington, my car hit 300,000 miles! Aside from replacing worn out parts (belt tensioner, serpentine belt, battery, and altenator) the car has been fantastic! It is fun to drive, very dependable and a joy to have. After 11 years of ownership and now 303,000 miles I am still going strong in my Saturn.

1994 Saturn SL 4 door sedan
By Ed on 04/28/05 14:52 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

This has been an amazingly trouble free car. It is 11 years old, consistently gets better than 38 MPG (Hwy) and has had very little maintenance. In fact, I have had 4 repairs (outside regular maintenance) in 9 years of owning the vehicle, and the most expensive was $400.

No worries car
By Joe on 04/06/05 03:33 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

For Sure. No worries with this car whatsoever. Clutch is a bit weak after 150k miles But I've never had a major repair in the 4 years I've owned it. I purchased the car from the original owner, and they hadn't had to fix anything on it either. I'm even quite lazy with oil changes and the car never breaks. Even if you don't have power steering the car is easy to turn. And since the engine is tiny you gain more POWER without power steering! A great car. I may buy a second in the same year. No dents. RESPECT THE PLASTIC! I've been in several fender benders, and total repair costs in both accidents haven't even gone above $300 for new fenders!

Many miles of flawless service
By Rick on 12/04/04 07:03 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I have owned this car for almost 6 years having bought it used with 61000 miles on it. Other than installing a CD player and doing regular maintenance, the car has given me flawless service. It now has 186000 miles on it, still runs and starts every morning. I'm now going to replace it as it is getting long in the tooth. If you are in the market for a used vehicle and can find one with under 100000 miles on it, you will probably get a godd 3 to 5 years of service out of it. Cheap and reliable transportation. Not as spiffy as the newer models, but for the practically minded, a great choice.

This is a GM?
By bwilli63 on 11/30/04 13:19 PM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I just bought this little car about 6 months ago, with 222,000 on the odo(all highway). I just rolled 225,000, and as of yet have had no problems. The only thing wrong when I bought it was the passenger motor mount was bad. So after changing that and a full tune-up, I have to say I'm amazed how well it runs for a domestic of this mileage. Great on gas, fun to drive, and the interior actually makes sense. I think I'll hold on to it while, even if it ends up needing a motor eventually.

It's Been A Great Car
By treatguy on 11/28/04 05:16 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

I bought this car in 99. I had the dealership replace the clutch before purchasing, since it was slipping during the test drive. In a little over 5 years I've replaced an alternator, iginition switch, and a radiator last summer. I've got the dual overhead cam engine which I highly recommend for performance reasons. Great gas mileage and reliability.

She's a keeper
By Goldy's owner on 09/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car from my in-laws; the odometer had stopped at 123001 mi.It has been all over the country and has had no major repairs.The leather interior has 1 small tear,this was caused by my tall Father- in-law trying to get out/in w/ a bad hip.The paint is gold and is chipping badly.But the car is 10 and has never been garaged.I(my husband) just changed the rear calipers,it was leaking brake fluid and would not stop.But he made the job look pretty simple.The oil is changed by the dealer every 3 to 5 months and she seems to be doing wonderfully.My car still has the cup holder but I can tell why many reviewers'don't.The performance switch does nothing

Keeps on ticking
By Rockinblue on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Good to see other owners submitting reviews. Bought my car used with 46,000 miles and as of this review my odometer reads roughly 124,000 miles. Needed about $900 worth of repairs when I first got it (snookered by the Toyota dealership where I bought it). Over the 7 years that I have had the car, it has needed $2,900 worth of repairs, not including regular maintenance. About $1,000 of those repairs were to fix an oil leak caused by a bad engine gasket. Despite all of the repairs, it runs, and runs pretty well. Survived a number of long road trips, camping trips, and many trips to the ski resorts without a problem. It just keeps going and going.

I think mine is a lemon!
By CinShady on 08/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I'm the only person I know who has not been 100% thrilled with their Saturn. I honestly believe mine is a lemon. New engine, transmition, brakes, muffler, three alternators... It's ridiculous. One thing I can say is that the customer service of Saturn dealerships and mechanics is the best I've ever seen.