Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great Commuter car, Saves $$$
By _highliner

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Saturn used with a rebuilt engine, and it feels like new! Clutch is solid, every gear engages like a new Focus (I've had those, too). I got nearly 250 miles in the city on a half a tank of gas. It takes 50 miles just to come off FULL, and with the 5-speed I spend a lot of time in neutral to save gas. I LOVE it, and what's more, I love having a clean title and NO CAR PAYMENTS!

I like the 5-speed economical engine and the overall driver's feel. Interior is clean and tight, and handles everyday driving requirements with ease.

Problem with the motor mounts, so I get a lot of vibration that makes me feel like I'm driving a NASCAR. Also, no cup holders means I have to manage the one square divot between two beverages very carefully. I don't care for the automatic seatbelts too much.

everything breaks!
By nickhammond

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I've had the SL1 sedan for almost a year now, got a great deal on it I thought at first. Within this one year The engine has flipped over (while being driven) that costed a lot of money, new hoses, new radiator mounts, new engine mounts. My breaks gave out on me (again, while being driven), turns out the ABS gave out. The E-break randomly engages while the car is moving. Driver window will not roll up all the way, weather striping on the wind shield is gone. Gas gauge doesn't work, odometer stopped working at 142,898. Don't buy. Ever. Plus, it's really, really small and low to the ground.

Keeps On Going
By Robert

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Great acceleration and smooth ride after all these years. Just done routine maintenance and still using original parts, except battery. Recently drove it loaded down cross- country and now I drive all over the Rockies with it in winter and summer. Good stability in heavy winds at high speed.

Nothing remarkable, but just dependable.

Sits too low on the road. Interior is a little cramped.

My New Baby
By Lawdawg

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought this car about two months ago. Love it! Was unsure if i would like it because i was still attached to my '97 Plymouth Neon that i absolutely adored. Sold it for a truck.. regret that one. But this car is sleek, sexy, easy to add performance and make it fast. I painted the rims black to match the near black dark, dark blue. I also painted all four of the brake calipers red. Altered the intake, K&N filter, Spectre intake tubes, brand new Bosch +2 (dual prong) plugs, and cleaned injectors and throttle body make this car get up and go. Dont have the oil burning problem, but gas mileage isnt amazing(25+). Love a good, fun car to drive and care for and this is the one! Thanks Saturn!

Paint is in near perfect condition for its year, engine is quick for its size, interior and exterior design is satisfactory.

Suspension could be higher quality, back seat is much too small. ;-)

Went Lookin for an old SL1
By Wild4stangs

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 94 SL1 sedan from a friend of mine, who has a son that works in a local Saturn dealer. This car was traded in by the original owner. Car has 217k on it, and the engine was replaced at around 150k. I purchased the car purely as a commuter car, as I drive 110 miles round trip daily, and diesel was getting way too expensive. This car runs perfect, and has been getting low 40's in the MP department! This is no BMW, but for what it is, it is a nice little beater

AC, 5 speed and MPG!