1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Great Commuter car, Saves $$$
By _highliner on 08/25/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Saturn used with a rebuilt engine, and it feels like new! Clutch is solid, every gear engages like a new Focus (I've had those, too). I got nearly 250 miles in the city on a half a tank of gas. It takes 50 miles just to come off FULL, and with the 5-speed I spend a lot of time in neutral to save gas. I LOVE it, and what's more, I love having a clean title and NO CAR PAYMENTS!

everything breaks!
By nickhammond on 03/21/11 16:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I've had the SL1 sedan for almost a year now, got a great deal on it I thought at first. Within this one year The engine has flipped over (while being driven) that costed a lot of money, new hoses, new radiator mounts, new engine mounts. My breaks gave out on me (again, while being driven), turns out the ABS gave out. The E-break randomly engages while the car is moving. Driver window will not roll up all the way, weather striping on the wind shield is gone. Gas gauge doesn't work, odometer stopped working at 142,898. Don't buy. Ever. Plus, it's really, really small and low to the ground.

Keeps On Going
By Robert on 07/22/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

Great acceleration and smooth ride after all these years. Just done routine maintenance and still using original parts, except battery. Recently drove it loaded down cross- country and now I drive all over the Rockies with it in winter and summer. Good stability in heavy winds at high speed.

My New Baby
By Lawdawg on 06/02/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought this car about two months ago. Love it! Was unsure if i would like it because i was still attached to my '97 Plymouth Neon that i absolutely adored. Sold it for a truck.. regret that one. But this car is sleek, sexy, easy to add performance and make it fast. I painted the rims black to match the near black dark, dark blue. I also painted all four of the brake calipers red. Altered the intake, K&N filter, Spectre intake tubes, brand new Bosch +2 (dual prong) plugs, and cleaned injectors and throttle body make this car get up and go. Dont have the oil burning problem, but gas mileage isnt amazing(25+). Love a good, fun car to drive and care for and this is the one! Thanks Saturn!

Went Lookin for an old SL1
By Wild4stangs on 09/10/08 11:27 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I just purchased a 94 SL1 sedan from a friend of mine, who has a son that works in a local Saturn dealer. This car was traded in by the original owner. Car has 217k on it, and the engine was replaced at around 150k. I purchased the car purely as a commuter car, as I drive 110 miles round trip daily, and diesel was getting way too expensive. This car runs perfect, and has been getting low 40's in the MP department! This is no BMW, but for what it is, it is a nice little beater

300,000 miles and still rolling.
By easylover on 08/19/08 14:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $5000 with 100,000 miles in my last year of high school. I drove it thru college (5 years) and to my first job. Both of my younger sisters have put a couple of years in with this thing and it's still going strong. Gotta watch the oil though, it does burn it up.

Fantastic SL
By werner339 on 07/10/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL 4dr Sedan

I couldn't be happier with this car. With 230K miles, I've only replaced minor components, plus usual wear and tear, like 1 alternator, 1 battery. 5 sets of tires. Suspension is original, motor never gone into, still gets mid 30sMPG, doesn't burn oil. Interior still excellent, paint peeling from desert sun to be expected.

Lots of Potential
By Mike on 06/08/08 19:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this vehicle as my first car, and am very satisfied. Awesome milage (41 with a K&N Airfilter + straight through muffler), good cornering because it's very light (only 300 lbs. heavier than a Lotus Elise), and can be quick with very few mods and the knowledge of how to drive a stick. Fun to drive. Only problems are poor weather sealant, rusts everywhere but the body, some interior panels could be more secure, bad drivers window, and needs a quart of oil every 1,500 miles. Hopefully I can fix it with an oil cooling kit. Awesome car. Thanks Saturn!

The Little Car That Could
By OffRoad P.R. on 05/20/08 14:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL2 4dr Sedan

I've had my SLII for nearly 10yrs and it won't die. It's been stolen, in several fender benders, gone on long road trips, never had covered parking and it's in good condition and runs like a champ! It's by no means a luxury vehicle, but it still gets great gas mileage and has comparative get-up-n-go to current cars in it's class. It's encouraged her family members to purchase Saturns, all at very affordable prices. After 14yrs it still passes the state's strict smog standards, has never broken down or left me stranded, and I would guess is close to or over 300,000 miles on the engine (odometer was broken 5yrs ago when it was stolen). I love my Saturn!

Low Quality Car
By jerry on 03/13/08 11:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series Sedan SL2 4dr Sedan

Overall this car never left me stranded. But, the quality of the car was not good. It only had 76,000 mile on it when I bought it. Yet trim pieces fell off all the time, one of the power windows only worked sometimes, many little things. However, the major issue was that the engine block actually broke where the motor mount bolted to the block (not the mount but the actual block). Thus, I have a perfectly running engine with 82,000 miles on it. But no way to bolt the engine to the car. Pretty much makes the car (or at least the engine) worthless.