1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
300,000 miles, one clutch
By spanky61899 on 04/30/12 19:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Given the car by my Uncle in 2009 with 298,000 miles, and on the original clutch! Used it to commute to work since then, still going strong.

Great Commuter car, Saves $$$
By _highliner on 08/25/11 21:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Saturn used with a rebuilt engine, and it feels like new! Clutch is solid, every gear engages like a new Focus (I've had those, too). I got nearly 250 miles in the city on a half a tank of gas. It takes 50 miles just to come off FULL, and with the 5-speed I spend a lot of time in neutral to save gas. I LOVE it, and what's more, I love having a clean title and NO CAR PAYMENTS!

everything breaks!
By nickhammond on 03/21/11 16:53 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I've had the SL1 sedan for almost a year now, got a great deal on it I thought at first. Within this one year The engine has flipped over (while being driven) that costed a lot of money, new hoses, new radiator mounts, new engine mounts. My breaks gave out on me (again, while being driven), turns out the ABS gave out. The E-break randomly engages while the car is moving. Driver window will not roll up all the way, weather striping on the wind shield is gone. Gas gauge doesn't work, odometer stopped working at 142,898. Don't buy. Ever. Plus, it's really, really small and low to the ground.

Keeps On Going
By Robert on 07/22/10 12:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Great acceleration and smooth ride after all these years. Just done routine maintenance and still using original parts, except battery. Recently drove it loaded down cross- country and now I drive all over the Rockies with it in winter and summer. Good stability in heavy winds at high speed.

Not Stock
By Andrew2045 on 07/09/10 23:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I've had my 94 SC2 for almost three years now. I couldn't tell you how many owners its had but I do know that whoever owned it last didn't maintain it very well. When I bought it I had to have both front wheel bearings replaced. Last year we redid the low side of the motor due to a blown oil seal. All of that's fixed as well as a newer transmission. Despite all the work I've put into my Saturn, I love the car. I will definitely buy another one.

Near-indestructible little car.
By Bethany on 02/18/10 05:41 AM (PST)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Bought my '94 SC2 in 2000. It already had over 80k, and since then I've put a lot of hard miles on it. The odometer broke about 7 years ago. My best estimate is now 200-250k. With occasional repairs (clutch, alternator, starter, radiator), it's gone through ten years of abuse. I've gone way too long between oil changes, ignored warning lights for months, driven it on loose Florida sand and through mud, planted it nose-first in a ditch, and otherwise subjected it to youthful stupidity. It still looks great. It still runs. It still gets good mileage. But, sadly, it needs an expensive new timing chain, so I'm donating it to charity. Maybe someone else can still get some use out of it.

wish it was still in production
By DesertRat on 10/21/09 08:41 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Purchased from my sister in 03 with 77k on it. She drove it 3 yrs in Romania, 3yrs in England, and 2 years in Greece. I drive it 4000 miles a month and it's been great. Odometer broke at 243,00 miles and transmission finally failed at 250,000. Replaced Radiator at 150,000 and serpentine belt tensioner pully at 220,000. Desert temperatures are extreme in AZ and AC's never failed.

Most faithful little ride ever!
By pacquiaofan on 06/05/09 20:37 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Bought this car used in 1996 (nearly 13 years ago)with 18,000 miles on it. It is easily the most dependable car I have ever owned. Replaced catalytic converter and alternator only once, no other major issues with regular maintenance done. Automatic transmission has been flawless ever since, and the engine is still smooth and strong as ever. It is just a great, practical car. Seeing many of these still on the road in 2009 is a testament to it's reliability.

My New Baby
By Lawdawg on 06/02/09 11:11 AM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought this car about two months ago. Love it! Was unsure if i would like it because i was still attached to my '97 Plymouth Neon that i absolutely adored. Sold it for a truck.. regret that one. But this car is sleek, sexy, easy to add performance and make it fast. I painted the rims black to match the near black dark, dark blue. I also painted all four of the brake calipers red. Altered the intake, K&N filter, Spectre intake tubes, brand new Bosch +2 (dual prong) plugs, and cleaned injectors and throttle body make this car get up and go. Dont have the oil burning problem, but gas mileage isnt amazing(25+). Love a good, fun car to drive and care for and this is the one! Thanks Saturn!

Reliable, economical
By jprainman on 04/30/09 19:35 PM (PDT)

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

This car has treated me well. No major repairs in 8+ years and 110k miles. Gas mileage is great. Have gotten upper 30s on the highway.