Used 1994 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

300,000 miles, one clutch
By spanky61899

1994 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Given the car by my Uncle in 2009 with 298,000 miles, and on the original clutch! Used it to commute to work since then, still going strong.

Great Commuter car, Saves $$$
By _highliner

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Saturn used with a rebuilt engine, and it feels like new! Clutch is solid, every gear engages like a new Focus (I've had those, too). I got nearly 250 miles in the city on a half a tank of gas. It takes 50 miles just to come off FULL, and with the 5-speed I spend a lot of time in neutral to save gas. I LOVE it, and what's more, I love having a clean title and NO CAR PAYMENTS!

I like the 5-speed economical engine and the overall driver's feel. Interior is clean and tight, and handles everyday driving requirements with ease.

Problem with the motor mounts, so I get a lot of vibration that makes me feel like I'm driving a NASCAR. Also, no cup holders means I have to manage the one square divot between two beverages very carefully. I don't care for the automatic seatbelts too much.

everything breaks!
By nickhammond

1994 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I've had the SL1 sedan for almost a year now, got a great deal on it I thought at first. Within this one year The engine has flipped over (while being driven) that costed a lot of money, new hoses, new radiator mounts, new engine mounts. My breaks gave out on me (again, while being driven), turns out the ABS gave out. The E-break randomly engages while the car is moving. Driver window will not roll up all the way, weather striping on the wind shield is gone. Gas gauge doesn't work, odometer stopped working at 142,898. Don't buy. Ever. Plus, it's really, really small and low to the ground.

Keeps On Going
By Robert

1994 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

Great acceleration and smooth ride after all these years. Just done routine maintenance and still using original parts, except battery. Recently drove it loaded down cross- country and now I drive all over the Rockies with it in winter and summer. Good stability in heavy winds at high speed.

Nothing remarkable, but just dependable.

Sits too low on the road. Interior is a little cramped.

Not Stock
By Andrew2045

1994 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I've had my 94 SC2 for almost three years now. I couldn't tell you how many owners its had but I do know that whoever owned it last didn't maintain it very well. When I bought it I had to have both front wheel bearings replaced. Last year we redid the low side of the motor due to a blown oil seal. All of that's fixed as well as a newer transmission. Despite all the work I've put into my Saturn, I love the car. I will definitely buy another one.

I love the flip up headlights, the simplicity of the cabin and instrument cluster, nothing fancy, basic, functional and clean. The electric fan switch instead of vacuum controlled like most GM vehicles was a nice touch.

Depending on what the car comes with I almost always put in a new stereo. The location of the cup holders isn't the best (In the back) however you get used to it. Not the most headroom for taller people but the multiple seat adjustments make up for that.