1993 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Its been beat up but wont die
By darkside on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This is our first new car purchase and was a risk cause it was new to the market. Been the best car has 200,000 miles and won't die already. Hate to give it up but it no longer has the space for a family of five. Although the interior is destroyed it will make a great used car for someone. Would not hesitate to take it on long road trips even at this high mileage. Dam good car. Wish Saturn had a minivan.

Reliable Car
By MrRB on 05/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

We have owned this car since new, 10yrs, and it has been exceptionally reliable. The only major repair was to convert A/C to new coolant. It does burn oil, 1 qt/1,000mi. It is on the noisy side (wind and engine). It is smallish (I'm 6'4"). But with 145,000 miles, 30-36 MPG, staring every single time it has been a great value!

Hard to let go
By jffordem on 04/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC1 2dr Coupe

This silver SC1 was my first new car, two years out of college. I still remember ordering it from the catalog because the dealer couldn't keep them in stock. That was back when the sales people would all gather to celebrate each "launch" in a ceremony much like having a birthday at The Olive Garden. Initially the service was great. Then success caught up with them. Several years later they were too busy to provide the top-notch service I'd grown accustomed to. After 5 enjoyable years I sold my well-cared-for Saturn to by an Audi A4.

Good Car
By Ernest 2010 on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

This car has been an excelent car but IT's time to get a new one I will also look at the new saturn's.

My SL2
By lukusjd on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Great 2nd car, bought this used, only major maintenace was installing a alternator. and new tires. avg 33mpg hwy. Will definitely consider Saturn next time I'm in the car market.

175,000 after 10 years and Good as New
By JTZ on 02/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Bought new. Drive weekly x 5 years approx 450 miles RT to and around Manhattan. Anti-lock brakes/ traction control excellent in heavy Central New York winters. I'm 6'2" and ceiling high enough to wear a hat. Engine not terribly powerful, but I keep up with 80 mph NYC traffic with no problem. I dread the day I have to think about replacing it -- I'm sure it will be a Saturn.

good first car
By macias on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for about 2 years now and it has been working good but we keep haveing to fix the timeing belt cause it wont stop make a scratchy noise and what i really hate is that the car says it allways about to over heat but it dosent but then when i turn the AC on then it gets reall hot and i live in Denver so in the summer it gets reall hot. but after all that it has been pritty relyable and good.

Excellent Car
By johneg238 on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

It has well over 100,000 miles and still runs great. No problems at all. Goes through about a quart of oil every 2 months. Not bad at all. Good on gas. About 26-27 mpg on avg.

Not sexy, but practical and fun
By ChicagoDriver on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Bought this to replace a well-used 1991 SL. With only 66K miles on it so far, things look real good. The interior is in tip-top shape. Can't beat the deal for fun go-to-work car that doesn't break the bank. Doesn't burn any oil!

Sonic is it's name
By Matt from Cranston on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This is my first "very own" car and it was bought from a girl who neglected it. Regardless, I did some minor tune- up work and at 110K miles it's still goin strong. Definately reliable, made me a believer in Saturn's. I'm runnin' this thing to the ground. 30mpg average. i love it. worth every penny. (i have the fivespeed stick)