1993 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews 4

1993 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
It was okay for my first car
By Precious RKJ on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 111K on it. Was fine at first.Around 120K the motor block broke ( a so-called "rare" problem)leaving my altenator dangling, thanks to a ingenious mechanic I was able to drive the deamed "finished and undriveable" car again.The trannie was also going, the reverse was about to go and shifting was pretty jerky for an automatic.All this aside I loved my little saturn it did what I needed and I would have driven it till it died had it not been totaled.

1993 Saturn SC2
By James Denz on 12/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in 2001, it had 85,000 miles. The car started to fall apart at 100,000 miles. I have to add 2 quarts of oil between oil changes. The driver side automatic seatbelt is no longer automatic. The gas mileage, about 28mpg in 2001, is now about 20mpg. Pieces of interior keep falling off and I had to screw the door panels to the door frame because they kept coming loose. The only redeming quality about this car is that it was made out of plastic and doesn't rust or dent. I live in Buffalo NY and they salt the roads from Nov to April, but this does not have one spot of rust.

Wouldn't buy another
By Nana7 on 12/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Had to have altenator replaced right after warranty ran out. Stuck out on road when it happened. Then had to have another altenator at around 75,000 miles. Several other things. I'm afraid to drive out of town by myself in it.

93 saturn sw2
By fabfordfamily on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

This car was bought with 33,000 milesWe are the second owner,the saturn experience at the dealer has always been great.The saturn dealer takes care of its car owners and never takes advantage of them.This car has 4wheel disc brakes and traction control and 15"sport tires,this makes it hadle very well when pushed hard.the gas mileage has always been great,and is better when staying at 65mph or less.over the life of the car we have replaced 2 mufflers,6 sets of disc brake rotors,1 set of brake pads,1 altenator,1dome light,1 setplug wires,platinum plugs,2 coolant bottles(magnet sensor inside bottle was fault)and 3 egr valves covered by warranty.

Go Little Car, Go!
By Love The Cars on 10/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I've bought 2 other cars & just do not have the heart to sell my little Saturn. It's piled up 120,000 & the only replacements (other than normal maintainance) have been the alternator & the oxygen sensor. (This made it appear as if the car were overheating, when it was not, so check this 1st if your temp gauge goes up too high). It has been the cheapest car to drive & maintain. Besides handling rather well, it's dependable & functional. It puts up with L.A. traffic, has lived through 2 wrecks, 2 ex boyfriends, punk music, & moving all of my crap 4 times. Key to keeping it alive: maintain, don't run the air, change & add oil often. GET THE

Go Little Saturn
By null pointer on 07/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

What Can I say? I love my little Saturn. It's been with me through high school to Prom...from Prom to College...College to the wide roads of adult hood. My saturn has been more reliable then a dog. "What Saturn? Jimmy is stuck in a well..." 10 years and she has never let me down and I have had no major problems with it. Just give it gas and oil and she's happy. My saturn looks awesome! I'm going to miss her. I just bought a Mazda 6 (sorry need something more sporty). Bye bye my little Saturn. I hope the green fields of Saturn heaven is as good to you as you were to me.

i need help
By KENNY on 07/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

3 ENGINES PUT IN STILL LOTS OF PROBLEMS LOSS OF POWER RADITOR LEAKS PIECE OF JUNK STAY AWAY

Great Car!!
By Lovemy93 on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I had a major tune-up done prior to driving 1600 miles in 3 days(I moved) and have only had one problem since then (July 2000) which was the alternator died. At 10 years old, its running way better than my 87 Accord did at 10!!! Its a fun car and routinly gets 30- 35mpg, even with my husband's hard driving. We'd probably keep it until it died, but its running too strong and we need a car with A/C now that we have a baby.

asta la vista
By goodby saturn on 07/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Don't believe everything they tell you bought it in '95 and should of dumped it few months later when there was an oil consumption problem. 4, yes 4 alternators later, fuel pumps, several batteries, and a ton of other misc. things incld oh a minor replacement of the engine! she's a goner never a saturn again, the only drawback -- I still love the design for it's class.

performance
By newmer28 on 06/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

for a 4 banger this car is fast, vary cuick off the line. this car also have very good handling, very good for tight turning a higher speeds. if you add an intake and an exaust the car gets about 50more horse and the distance speed is fasted. this car is a very good performance car.