1993 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Mid-life wheels
By alshoe on 12/10/04 15:25 PM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a fun car to drive, preferably a stick, (mid-life thing), not too expensive, low maintenance and good fuel mileage. Currently own two Saturns. Just purchased this 1993 SC2. Everything is stock. It is in outstanding condition, only 26,000 + original miles. It is a 5 speed stick, red, rear spoiler, with black cloth interior, 1.9 liter DOHC stock 4 cylinder 125 HP engine. It has power windows and door locks, ABS, AM/FM Cassette original Saturn sound system. New Dunlop 15 inch tires on the stock alloy wheels. Other than a few minor exterior scratches this car looks and drives like showroom new. Even have the original sticker when car was sold new. It is fun to drive!

Mid-Life Wheels
By alshoe on 11/23/04 12:41 PM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I was looking for a fun car to drive, preferably a stick,(mid-life thing), not too expensive, low maintenance and good fuel mileage. Currently own two Saturns. Just purchased this 1993 SC2, 11/18/04. Everything is stock. It is in outstanding condition, only 26,000 + original miles. It is a 5-speed stick, red, rear spoiler, with black cloth interior, 1.9 liter DOHC stock 4 cylinder 125 HP engine. It has power windows and door locks, ABS, AM/FM Cassette original Saturn sound system. New Dunlop 15 inch tires on the stock alloy wheels. Other than a few minor exterior scratches this car looks and drives like showroom new. Even have the original sticker when car was sold new. It is fun to drive!

Goodbye Old Friend
By Crash Surviver on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my SL1 new in 1993. I had expected it to go 200K miles, but someone in an SUV ran a red and totaled it last week with 124K miles. The good news is that my daughter walked away with barely a scratch. The engine was great, but starting to use about 1 qt every 3000 miles. Suspension, exhaust and transmission were trouble free. Other mechanical components did not fare so well (water pump, alternator, radiator, engine mounts (twice)). Inside door panels come loose, dashboard cracked, and foam in drivers seat had to be replaced.

saturn sl2
By cloudsdoc on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

It's sporty, fun to drive. I love the leather seats. The fuel milage is great. It is a very well built car. I have the 5 speed and I love it.

Great local transportation
By Rocketman56 on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

Bought used for HS student/ local transportation. Odometer now reads approx 51K miles. Great mileage & really fun to drive. Replaced struts @ 50K miles. Starting to use some oil. cheap, reliable & stylish!

Keeps on Run'n
By john_vi on 04/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

We bought our SL1 eleven years ago. We wanted a reliable car without all the hastles of a dealership. We picked the right car. It has been all over the country and has never let us down. It gets great gas milage to this day (32 MPG). I have only replaced the alternator, the water pump and motor mounts. I never imagined this car would keep running a well as it has for all these years. It is now starting to show some wear and needs some minor work. I will be getting a new vehicle since my family has grown we need a vehicle that will acommodate the children and their stuff.

Good Ol' Bessie
By KLAS on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL 4dr Sedan

I'm sitting here with a heavy heart today...after eleven years with good Ol' Bessie, I have purchased a new car and have decided to donate Bessie to Melwood. I bought my new car 3 weeks ago, but I can't stop driving Bessie. My friends have been kidding me about it, but I truely do love my Saturn. I need to feed her a quart of oil every week, but she's been a fantastic car and has never let me down.

Reliable and Fashionable
By happy saturn driver on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I have a 1993, SC-2, and it has been a great car. It has 140,000 miles on it, and it still drives fine every day. I have the regular scheduled maintenance work done at the dealer, which is sometimes expensive, but other than that, it is almost totally maintenance- free. Although, I had to have a new alternator, battery, tires and brakes at about 120,000 miles. Overall, I am very pleased.

Love it...
By TNP on 03/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

Bought new, wanted to have a safe, reliable car... we were about to have our first kiddo. She's about to turn 11 now, we've driven this thing ALL over, and it's been a great little car. Looking back, we've done a lot to it - water pump, alternator, radiator, some more stuff - and, it's showing it's age... but I'm gonna drive it 'til it dies, even in Texas without air conditioning (went out 2 years ago). Love my Saturn!

290,000 MILE ROADRUNNER
By S. F. Scott on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

Purchased the car new in 1993 after visiting Saturn in Springhill, TN. I only wanted then was a car with good gas mileage to last at least 100,000 miles with no problems. It exceeded my wants. I have driven it almost daily to and from work - a round trip of 92 miles. It still has the orginial transmission and engine. All I did was change the oil about every 4,000 miles and take it in for service every 80,000 miles. As I tell my co-workers, I plan to keep the car as long as it runs even if I have to "Fred Flintstone-it" to work!