Used 1993 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews - 75 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

1993 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

15 years and still going strong
By Betty B.

1993 Saturn S-Series SW2 4dr Wagon

Good little car. Rides well even after all these years. Had the brakes replaced a few times (once under warranty, alternator replaced twice but other than regular maintenance & oil changes haven't had much problem with it. Still gets good mileage. It's not the smoothest running car or the most powerful but it is a very economical and easy to drive car. Except for a few dings the body still looks good. I still drive it everyday but will soon give it to my son who needs an old economical car to drive back and forth to work. After 15 1/2 years I,m going to miss it.

Plastic body still looks good. Easy to see out window when backing up Good cargo space with fold down seats

husband complained of tight fit no automatic windows

Great old car
By Cybrune

1993 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I got my 1993 Saturn SL1 3 years ago when I was 16. The car had 188,000 miles on it. And it ran great. It got upwards of 32 MPG highway. Know my car has almost 229,000 mile and still runs great. And even know that I live in the city I get 25 MPG (city mileage of course). so overall a great start out car. Very reliable and fun to drive

Traction control and ABS

The only improvement I could see is reduce oil consumption.

Best old used car I've ever had
By Tanya C.

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my SL2 w/ 71000 miles on it. It ran really well for a long time and was very reliable but then as it got older it started leaking oil (around 100K miles), the motorized seatbelts stopped working which made it tough to get it inspected, some of the interior in the car cracked, and if it got too cold outside (now I live in VA where we have just a few truly cold days a winter) it wouldn't start. It was good on gas, and even though it was a 4 cyl it still had pretty good power to it. I eventually just traded it in because it was just so old and it had a lot of minor problems and I got tired of paying to fix and tweak all these little things on it.

The exterior is sleek and the interior was nice too. I liked how the backseat opened to the trunk

No motorized seatbelts, leaks oil, alternators do not last, power steering was still difficult

It's an OK Car
By Tibbi

1993 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

My Mom got me this car back in '95 when I was a sophomore in college and despite the minor downfalls I have had with it (brakes, transmission, tires), at about 102,000 miles it is still serving me well.

Surround sound speakers, the fact that I fill the tank anywhere from once to twice a month and a very spacious interior.

Has a bit of a jump / kick when accelerating on the gas in stop and go city driving, that tends to make me very nervous; not a very quiet ride either. Not very much else to suggest with regard to improvements on this vehicle since the model has been discontinued.

Perfect First Car
By Kurtis

1993 Saturn S-Series SC2 2dr Coupe

I got a good job out of high school, but is over an hours drive there, an hour back so I've put lots of miles on my Saturn. Bought it w/114k miles on it. I put 14k on it myself in the last 2 years and it still runs like it's brand new! Great handling all seasons, comfortable, affordable, low insurence, and relatively fast for a 4 cylinder.

Fast for a 4 cyclinder, great on gas which I can brag about, and (even though this sounds more so like a negative) the back is so small. My friends avoid selecting me as a designated driver.

Every Saturn I've seen is missing at least one rear view mirror which more than likely means Saturn doesn't use the right kind of glue. Maybe supply some gorilla glue for your customers will ya? The interior all rattles with its plastic covers barely hanging on.