Used 1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Saturn S-series - Consumer Reviews

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe

SC 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )

Bestn car I ever owned
By AlP

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in January 1992 and have put extensive mileage on it ( I estimate over 250K). After all that time and travel only two things do not work, the odometer and the tape deck. Radio, A/C and all other things still operate. Incidentally, I have used it as the truck for all my home improvement projects including extensive landscaping, irrigation and carpentry. I am about to replace it with a sedan more suited to my advancing years and physical capabilities. I will miss it a lot.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, firm suspension, and fun driving, flexible interior design, superbly durable leather interior, and the excellent service I have received from Saturn.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the turning radius. Could have used more power, but could be and was compensated for by keeping the Power Mode button always in position to delay the shift points.

great car!!
By rollinlarge2700

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

i have had this saturn for about 3 months. i got it for an extremely low price!!!!!! i have had to replace a few things on it. but even with those repairs i could sell it and make double/triple what the total cost was for me!! great gas mileage 350-400 a tank. faster then many other compact cars, especially imports. nice and comfertable inside. leather holds up very well. great on gas and amazing on insurance

Favorite Features

performance shift option!!! allows u to shift at redline with the push of a button. havent seen this on any other cars i have been in!!

Suggested Improvements

clear coat on spolier should last longer. but besides that nothing!!!

Very Reliable & Fun
By Schrader

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for my wife in 1999 with 150K miles (hwy) on it. We owned it for 4 years until we moved then sold it to my sister with 177K miles. PROS: Very reliable (no major repairs needed); easy to work on yourself and lots of fun. CONS: Sunroof motor broke, starter and oxygen sensor went bad but with 150K miles you need to expect some minor repairs.

Favorite Features

Safety Gas mileage Sporty design

Suggested Improvements

Hard to clean rear window from inside. Better quality headliner needed. A little more headroom.

Best Car I've Owned
By JonMan

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

Had this one for ten years. In that time only had to take it in a few times for minor repairs and normal maintenance. No major breakdowns yet. Drove it all over Western Europe while in the Army and across country when I came home. By far, the best car purchacse I've ever made.

Favorite Features

ABS Breaks. They've gotten me out of trouble more than once. Also very easy to reach all fluid check points.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius is a little long, and the inside of the rear window is hard to reach when cleaning.

92Urn
By Dave79rs

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

This car has 138,000 miles with the only replacement parts being a EGR valve, the headlamp motor(while under warrenty)and standard wear items (belts, brakes rotors). It still is on the original clutch! This is has been a very reliable car!

Favorite Features

Nice Engine compartment layout, easy maintenance.

Suggested Improvements

Quieter motor.