1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

SC 1.9L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual - (7 reviews )
Bestn car I ever owned
By AlP on 01/31/06 17:04 PM (PST)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new in January 1992 and have put extensive mileage on it ( I estimate over 250K). After all that time and travel only two things do not work, the odometer and the tape deck. Radio, A/C and all other things still operate. Incidentally, I have used it as the truck for all my home improvement projects including extensive landscaping, irrigation and carpentry. I am about to replace it with a sedan more suited to my advancing years and physical capabilities. I will miss it a lot.

great car!!
By rollinlarge2700 on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

i have had this saturn for about 3 months. i got it for an extremely low price!!!!!! i have had to replace a few things on it. but even with those repairs i could sell it and make double/triple what the total cost was for me!! great gas mileage 350-400 a tank. faster then many other compact cars, especially imports. nice and comfertable inside. leather holds up very well. great on gas and amazing on insurance

Very Reliable & Fun
By Schrader on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for my wife in 1999 with 150K miles (hwy) on it. We owned it for 4 years until we moved then sold it to my sister with 177K miles. PROS: Very reliable (no major repairs needed); easy to work on yourself and lots of fun. CONS: Sunroof motor broke, starter and oxygen sensor went bad but with 150K miles you need to expect some minor repairs.

Best Car I've Owned
By JonMan on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

Had this one for ten years. In that time only had to take it in a few times for minor repairs and normal maintenance. No major breakdowns yet. Drove it all over Western Europe while in the Army and across country when I came home. By far, the best car purchacse I've ever made.

92Urn
By Dave79rs on 07/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

This car has 138,000 miles with the only replacement parts being a EGR valve, the headlamp motor(while under warrenty)and standard wear items (belts, brakes rotors). It still is on the original clutch! This is has been a very reliable car!

Good and bad...
By Jynxie on 03/15/02 15:25 PM (PST)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

I got this car after falling in love with the exterior sporty look it had. It was the car I seemed to have always wanted. It drove nice, looked nice... the only thing bad was that as it got older (around year 2000) it seemed to just FALL APART. I was going to hand it over to my sister and by that time, it was a 92 model with 2000 parts.

Don't
By Badger & Bobcat on 03/12/02 19:56 PM (PST)

1992 Saturn S-Series Coupe SC 2dr Coupe

Iimage is BS. Engine mounts not torqued. Sound proofing not installed. Two failed alternators. Oil change the service tech did not install the oil filler cap. Repair shop replaced the coolant with water. Result was a burst line while visiting my mother in New England. Threatened to take Saturn to court before they agreed to pay for repair. Odometer broke. Repair was to the tune of $235. Brake pads failed. The transmision died.