Used 1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

1992 Saturn S-Series

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:

Great First Car
By spacedude86

1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

This was my first car, and it was a great little gas saver. If you plan on picking one up, do it. It was reliable for about 25K miles before I had to put about $500 into a new alternator. Lacked horsepower or an real luxury features, but that's not what you're buying this car for. You're buying this car for a little commuter car than will get you from point A to point B. I thought it was fun to drive. It's light weight almost makes up for the lack of power. Fun through the corners.

Gas mileage. Simple design. Almost sporty looking.

Better alternators. (Saturn SL's had a problem with them, I guess).

America's cheap econo car
By T. Patten

1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 156k on it and have put almost 10k on it no problems at all. Great mileage 42 mpg at best 36 mpg at worst and 39 mpg avr. If you arer looking for cheap and a gas saver buy one of these. Pretty basic but gets the job done

Gas mileage, 5 speed, fold down rear seats.

Can tell i'ts cheaply made, but holds up to wear and tear

Nice Beginner Car
By sean

1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I got this car when I was 15. I got awesome gas mileage even when I drove it like a maniac. It is a good car for beginner drivers. I learned manual in it and so did my little cousin.

Fuel economy, manual transmission.

Better HP, real cupholders.

It was OK
By betteroffwithaford

1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $1000 about a year ago with 92k on it. I wasn't a big fan of it, but hey it was cheap. The front facia's clearcoat was peeling. The first thing I noticed was the left wheel bearing, then went the right. during that short period of nothing going wrong it was a great car to drive, awesome on gas and just a great car in general. Then my alternator blew. Then finally my tranny was skipping 3rd gear so it had to go. My advice do not get a Saturn that is older than a 1995.

Not many features

Better paint, no plastic bumpers, better tranny, better interior build quaility

My red Serrari
By Elmodorph

1992 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I have owned my car since 2001 and I must say people get annoyed when I pass them on the highway. I am a road warrior by trade and I love my manual shift, manual window with the cruise control option. If you read the review from 11 sep 04 by Klaire it is exactly what I would say but I don’t have power windows so I don’t have that problem. I commonly take it over 100 mph and it goes. My favorite upgrade is my wider tires it brings the handling and stability to new levels. Warning do not drive over 100 mph with the stock sized tires! My other vehicles are a BMW 5 series, Volkswagen passat. I love my cheesy Saturn. It’s the cheapest to maintain.

Cruise control, wider tires