1991 Saturn S-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Series model:
Quick Little Munchkin alot of Bang for the Buck!
By daytonajay on 04/02/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SC 2dr Coupe

I have had every car from Hondas to Corvettes and The Saturn SC-2 is jammed packed with alot of performance for a 1.9 ltr. I have taken this car to the limit from straight on runs and throught the twisties and this car performs like a champ! It will take out most V6 camaros and V6 Mustangs of the same era like there standing still in a drag race, and from about 70 to 100 mph it will leave another newer tech car in its class in the dust. With a little tweeking such as a decent performance muffler and a simple added Performance chip, a K&N cold air intake or any other, it really gives this car some serious power for a car in its class. + 90 degree angle corners without a squeel from the tires

Good for a cheap little car
By Ian on 03/27/10 16:51 PM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I have really enjoyed my little Saturn. I bought it with 200,000 miles on it and 5,000 miles later, it still runs strong. I used to have a 1992 Pontiac Sunbird, and this is tons better then the Pontiac was. It was definitely worth the $650 that I payed for it.

Not like your Saturn
By SoloRacer on 05/02/05 15:40 PM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SC 2dr Coupe

O.K., so this Saturn isn't exactly like yours - with a threaded adjustable coil- over suspension, beefed up shocks/struts/sway bars/cross- braces/bushings/etc., racing seats, 5- pt harnesses, header, exhaust, and on and on. However, it just demonstrates that Saturn started out making a very solid little car with a lot of torque and a stiff suspension. 15 years later, it's still a dynamic little race car. It won the 2000 Solo Nationals in E Stock, and it's in development now in Street Touring. It's no Honda Civic, but no Honda Civic ever had 121lbft of torque at 4800 RPM.

Quick, Exciting Ride
By Southern_Komfort on 10/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Saturn 9 months ago and i have lots of great things to say about it. First off, excellent fuel economy helps the driver on a budget. Second, in spite of it's 4-cyc engine it is quite quick. i have about 25,000 miles on it already and have had to change nothing mechanically (besides what i messed up myself tryin to upgrade). Great car to drive and own.

Great Transport
By MKNINJA on 03/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in the fall of 2002 strictly for transport back and forth to work 50 miles each way. seeming the gas in my new zr2 was casting a mint just to get to work. i was a little nervous buying a car with 173k, but i checked the car out and it runs outstanding!! No knock pings nothing. i have put more tha 10k on this car in the last 6 months and have nothing but great things to say about this little car.

Great for the money
By ChicagoDriver on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

I bought my first new car, a 1991 Saturn base SL with A/C and a tape player for $9,300. I bought a warranty. What a waste-I never once used it. Over the life of the car I had replaced 2 windshields, water pump, alternator, radiator and A/C Condenser, and the master brake cylinder. Over 185,000 happy miles and a lot of Chicago driving with lots of road salt - no doubt contributing to the premature wear of the radiator and A/C condenser. I never leaked any oil nor did it ever need a clutch replaced! I'm sure it's out there somewhere still running strong.....

cheap, reliable, sporty transportation
By bcschile on 01/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Saturn S-Series SC 2dr Coupe

My saturn SC has been very reliable. it has 135K and I have only needed to replace parts that wear with time and miles - ie. struts, alternator, & brakes. for what it is worth, has been very reliable. it is also a fairly peppy car for under $2000. i would recommend the Saturn SC highly.

I Love my Saturn
By Leonel on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Saturn S-Series SC 2dr Coupe

My little car is a reliable and "smart" choice.I love your stile, wheels, sunroof,engine with high gas mileage, confortable leather seats adm more.

Reliable, Nimble Car
By bk314159 on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL2 4dr Sedan

I bought my Saturn SL2 (the 125hp twin cam model) used and have been pleased overall. The polymer exterior is stylish and holds up exceptionally well to abuse. The drive is responsive with great cornering and little body roll. The car is unusually light so it has a tendency to lose traction in snow; be careful if you drive in northern areas. The engine and drivetrain are very well made and reliable. The electronics are a different story. These Saturns are notorious for failing electrical components such as starters and alternators. These are relatively inexpensive however so are an inconvenience more than anything.

Why cant the new saturns be like the old
By GrandAmSE119 on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Saturn S-Series SL1 4dr Sedan

when i got this car from my parents it had 89K now has over 150K. I still keep it around as a second car. Although old was a great car and still is. Only major problem was that alternator went out and it burns oil on hard accelerations. Great car