Used 2006 Saturn Relay Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saturn Relay - Consumer Reviews

2006 Saturn Relay

View reviews for a specific Relay model:

Most Helpful|
2006 Relay on the road
By Evets

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our fourth Saturn vehicle. We had 2 sport coupes and a 4 door and needed a van. Purchased as a good overall value, we got this van with 1,500 miles for what we would have paid for the "leading minivan" with 70k miles. It rides and performs well and gets good mileage for a vehicle its size. Here about 1 year and 30k later we have some minor fit and finish issues. It's fairly loud at highway speed, there's an annoying windshield howl at 70mph, experienced by a fellow Relay owner as well, some weatherstrip is already coming loose and I have had a minor transmission slip. Hopefully it will hold up a bit better over the long haul. Like the design, just seems the assembly is sloppy.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats. Great capacity. Built in DVD for kids. Great MPG for it's size.

Suggested Improvements

Better fit and finish and pre-release testing.

Always Reliable
By sgtuglee

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 4th Saturn, I pulled a 3000 pound trailer from MD to AK via FL and AZ. Driven in 117 degree AZ and -23 degree AK. Always starts always works. Handles 12" fresh snow with no problem. Goes on ice, but doesn't like to stop or change direction, so go slow. Kids love the interior. Used the OnStar phone when we couldn't get cell signal in back country. I got 12 MPG towing 3000 lbs. I get 23 on mountain highway with no trailer and light load. 16 mpg in town. 14 mpg in snow in town. Continental tires were lousy. Have michelins now and they seem to be lasting well. Have had only one dealer needed repair and they covered it for free even though the warranty had expired by 2k miles.

Favorite Features

Data "computer" on dash. oil life system. Cruise control switch design. elec sliding door. back up sensors. Built-in garage door remote. OnStar. Cargo box in rear. Space behind third row holds wheel-chair. Emergency handling and antilock brakes. separate cd/dvd/ac/ backseat heat controls. Comfort.

Suggested Improvements

Better rear window wiper and switch for it. Better access to third row seats.

I loved this van
By LEW

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best van I ever owened. I had one problem with one of the doors, it wouldnt close sometimes. The gas mileage wasnt to good but other than that the kids and I loved it.

Favorite Features

We loved the DVD player, CD player and how it was just enough room for us and the color(green).

Suggested Improvements

They could have improved the gas mileage.

2006 Saturn Relay
By Dave

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle but has an incurable electrical problem. Lights flicker so much that oncoming cars flash their lights. Saturn dealership tried replacing alternator but this did not help. Dealership's ultimate finding was that this model just has this quirk and there is nothing they can do about it. Automatic side doors malfunctioning. Side doors had to be disabled after opening and closing repeatedly with alarm beeping continuously.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, traction control and anti-lock brakes. Lots of room to haul equipment.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the electrical problems

Piece of crap
By cbt

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

MOST RECENT problem: from being PARKED with engine running, car slid into REVERSE, rolled downhill, knocked me over twice and hit my neighbor's tree (better than the house)! Add to that problems we've had since we bought it new: both sliding doors sometimes won't close; the dash lights flicker; the a/c goes out and we have to move the knob to heat and back to get cool air again; a/c only blows cool when we're actually rolling; "ABS disengaged" light comes on all the time; full brake replacement at 50K miles; radio changes station when braking suddenly; dead spot in accelerating from a stop; gas reads empty on incline even when 1/4 full; back wiper doesn't move; hard to get into 3rd row.

Favorite Features

OnStar; DVD player

Suggested Improvements

give me a vehicle that actually works