2006 Saturn Relay - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Relay model:
Not so happy
By rob on 06/28/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Relay for two years now, and it has seen its fair share of shop time. The steering pump has been replaced once and they have put tow steering columns and a new set of tie rods. The gas mileage isnt near what I expected either, it is worse. The kids do love the dvd player though and it looks sharp for a mini van.

Domestics are still great
By BP on 04/02/07 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was a much better deal than Toyota or Honda and looks far better than either. We will likely buy Saturn again if they keep making this van.

The good and not so good
By Evets on 03/24/07 05:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We wanted a van and chose a Saturn based on the design and performance of the 3 Saturns we owned previously. While we really like the interior design and economy (avg 26 hwy) it seems this may have been rushed to market without adequate testing. There is a howl that eminates from the windshield at highway speed that can't be resolved, moulding and interior trim have simply fallen off, the automatic door won't close for no apparent reason(not good in a Michigan winter), there seem to be random rough idle issues. No breakdowns but just not the level of quality we had experienced previously and come to expect. We won't buy GM again.

2006 Saturn Relay
By Dave on 02/01/07 07:43 AM (PST)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle but has an incurable electrical problem. Lights flicker so much that oncoming cars flash their lights. Saturn dealership tried replacing alternator but this did not help. Dealership's ultimate finding was that this model just has this quirk and there is nothing they can do about it. Automatic side doors malfunctioning. Side doors had to be disabled after opening and closing repeatedly with alarm beeping continuously.

2006 Relay on the road
By Evets on 11/22/06 18:10 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our fourth Saturn vehicle. We had 2 sport coupes and a 4 door and needed a van. Purchased as a good overall value, we got this van with 1,500 miles for what we would have paid for the "leading minivan" with 70k miles. It rides and performs well and gets good mileage for a vehicle its size. Here about 1 year and 30k later we have some minor fit and finish issues. It's fairly loud at highway speed, there's an annoying windshield howl at 70mph, experienced by a fellow Relay owner as well, some weatherstrip is already coming loose and I have had a minor transmission slip. Hopefully it will hold up a bit better over the long haul. Like the design, just seems the assembly is sloppy.

Love it after 1 year
By bselmon on 10/11/06 16:07 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our Relay for 1 year, The dealership warranty replaced a door motor and a radio , no questions asked. People remark how comfortable the 2nd row captain's seats are. I like the pickup and the rear ultrasonic sensors, great for tight parking spots. The kids love the DVD. We love the car and have been treated well

What Relay did I Buy??
By SpanglishScienceMom on 08/17/06 21:59 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Wow! After reading all these great reviews, I'm wondering if we are talking about the same vehicle. The mpg has never been over 16.8, and that's w/all freeway driving. In the summer during the hotest days of Aug, the A/C refused to work twice. When usung the A/C mpg tops out at 15.1. Lots of minor molding, door sticking, cup holder derailing issues. Met other Saturn owner at dealership w/ identical issues plus they suffered oil leaks that were not satisfactorily handled. I miss my '91 4-Runner!

Very Satisfied with Relay.
By Mad Matt on 07/24/06 09:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I tested most minivans before purchasing the Relay. Great braking and handling. Confortable for long trips. I bought with heavy incentives from GM, and I like it more that the Honda and Hyundai. I paid 7k less than most of the competition and it is a better minivan. Can't beat that.

Could be better
By Bryan on 07/04/06 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Our Relay has been a vehicle that our children have come to love with the built in DVD player. We couldn't go anywhere without it. It is a smooth ride with a few bugs that need to be worked out. The molding has a problem with sticking to the vehicle. Our tires (Continentals) were worn to the wires after 11,000 miles. The automatic sliding passenger door pops when closing. Other than that we really like the vehicle. OnStar is not the best thing if you dont live in the city. Have tried using it when things go wrong with the vehicle and they cannot get the contracted towing companies to come out to give us a tow. The first year service is ok for free but we would not pay for OnStar.

Saturn 2006 Relay 3
By Lady Anne on 05/27/06 04:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Relay 3 was the perfect minivan for us. As a disabled veteran a wheelchair, so we needed something with a lot of room but did not want a full sized van. The interior is very roomy, it comes standard with a DVD player and a 120 outlet in the back. Ours had the entertainment package & came with 2 wireless headphones as well. The center & backrow seats and toy box, lift out very easily, and there is tons of storage. Driving the Relay has been refreshing as well. It handles extremely well and has fantastic pickup. I highly recommend the Relay to everyone looking for an affordable minivan with lots of room, tons of standard features, and is fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.