Used 2006 Saturn Relay Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Saturn Relay - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Relay model:

Worst van we ever owned
By Ijustwantavanthatworks

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Engine blew at 40,000, and now the transmission is slipping in first gear. There is always some kind of knocking, squeaking, pinging, creaking going on. The other day my husband and I thought there was a cat meowing under the hood every time we hit a bump, but it was just the van complaining again. Radio tuner, gas gauge, engine light, ABS light, left side passenger door, fan, and back wiper work sometimes, not others. Very loud air conditioner blower. Have never had a van so loud. Have had this van in the shop more often than any other vehicle we owned except maybe that Dodge Omni we bought in college. We will never buy another Saturn!

Piece of crap
By cbt

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

MOST RECENT problem: from being PARKED with engine running, car slid into REVERSE, rolled downhill, knocked me over twice and hit my neighbor's tree (better than the house)! Add to that problems we've had since we bought it new: both sliding doors sometimes won't close; the dash lights flicker; the a/c goes out and we have to move the knob to heat and back to get cool air again; a/c only blows cool when we're actually rolling; "ABS disengaged" light comes on all the time; full brake replacement at 50K miles; radio changes station when braking suddenly; dead spot in accelerating from a stop; gas reads empty on incline even when 1/4 full; back wiper doesn't move; hard to get into 3rd row.

OnStar; DVD player

give me a vehicle that actually works

Yugo's were better.
By Daddyainthappy

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not really but not far off. I had this thing in the shop four times while it was under warranty for an annoying popping/clicking noise in the front end. Each time they said they had it fixed and alas, it is now out of warranty and still pops.Oh, and the service engine light came on about 2000 miles after warranty expired. The computer code shows the catalytic converter is not functioning properly. Now my transmission is slipping horribly. Fluid is clean and has always been full. This van has not been driven hard or fast. It is simply a lemon and from looking at the other reviews, it is not alone in it's misery.

Seats are quite comfy. the removable rear storage compartment was a nice touch

It is a little late for that now isn't it? seeing as how they stopped making it.

I loved this van
By LEW

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best van I ever owened. I had one problem with one of the doors, it wouldnt close sometimes. The gas mileage wasnt to good but other than that the kids and I loved it.

We loved the DVD player, CD player and how it was just enough room for us and the color(green).

They could have improved the gas mileage.

ABS/Trac Control Light....AGAIN!!!!
By noHappyRelayOwner

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our vehicle in the shop 5 times now for the ABS Trac light issue. Everytime, "I think we got it this time, must have been a short", or "Faulty wiring, we replaced it". It just seems funny that this issue happened right at the time the warranty went out.

Color, Size, DVD player, AC cools the car very well.

Electrical (apparently?)