2006 Saturn Relay - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Relay model:
Piece of crap
By cbt on 08/03/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

MOST RECENT problem: from being PARKED with engine running, car slid into REVERSE, rolled downhill, knocked me over twice and hit my neighbor's tree (better than the house)! Add to that problems we've had since we bought it new: both sliding doors sometimes won't close; the dash lights flicker; the a/c goes out and we have to move the knob to heat and back to get cool air again; a/c only blows cool when we're actually rolling; "ABS disengaged" light comes on all the time; full brake replacement at 50K miles; radio changes station when braking suddenly; dead spot in accelerating from a stop; gas reads empty on incline even when 1/4 full; back wiper doesn't move; hard to get into 3rd row.

Yugo's were better.
By Daddyainthappy on 04/20/10 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Not really but not far off. I had this thing in the shop four times while it was under warranty for an annoying popping/clicking noise in the front end. Each time they said they had it fixed and alas, it is now out of warranty and still pops.Oh, and the service engine light came on about 2000 miles after warranty expired. The computer code shows the catalytic converter is not functioning properly. Now my transmission is slipping horribly. Fluid is clean and has always been full. This van has not been driven hard or fast. It is simply a lemon and from looking at the other reviews, it is not alone in it's misery.

I loved this van
By LEW on 01/19/10 19:54 PM (PST)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This was the best van I ever owened. I had one problem with one of the doors, it wouldnt close sometimes. The gas mileage wasnt to good but other than that the kids and I loved it.

ABS/Trac Control Light....AGAIN!!!!
By noHappyRelayOwner on 08/06/09 05:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our vehicle in the shop 5 times now for the ABS Trac light issue. Everytime, "I think we got it this time, must have been a short", or "Faulty wiring, we replaced it". It just seems funny that this issue happened right at the time the warranty went out.

Not 100% happy
By gr8joy75 on 01/22/09 04:42 AM (PST)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Like many others, our Relay has been in for repairs numerous times. From the beginning it doesn't want to start at times. Now that warranty is expired they found problem. Imagine that! We don't have the problem with the molding like others, but it has been in for the brakes, sway bar, rear upper light, back seat pull broke, air vent broke (all plastic on it is cheap) shortly after purchase. Gets better gas mileage than others reported, but we set cruise at 65mph. Hwy mpg is about 28-30. Seats are difficult to get out. Otherwise, it's a good vehicle.

Not so happy
By tee on 06/01/08 21:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned our Saturn for 9 months now and are not satisfied. We have been in and out of the dealership with so many problems : electrical ( abs and traction tire system needed to be serviced every other 3 weeks) front tires squeal like a 50 year old car. The darn car beeps at you for no reason while driving down the road. The engine light goes on and off and dealership can't find a problem. Lost cruise control while driving on freeway, just cruising along and bang lost speed no warning just shut itself off. So not happy wish we could get rid of it.

Always Reliable
By sgtuglee on 04/22/08 11:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My 4th Saturn, I pulled a 3000 pound trailer from MD to AK via FL and AZ. Driven in 117 degree AZ and -23 degree AK. Always starts always works. Handles 12" fresh snow with no problem. Goes on ice, but doesn't like to stop or change direction, so go slow. Kids love the interior. Used the OnStar phone when we couldn't get cell signal in back country. I got 12 MPG towing 3000 lbs. I get 23 on mountain highway with no trailer and light load. 16 mpg in town. 14 mpg in snow in town. Continental tires were lousy. Have michelins now and they seem to be lasting well. Have had only one dealer needed repair and they covered it for free even though the warranty had expired by 2k miles.

Do NOT Purchase this vehicle
By Julie on 04/17/08 18:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this van for almost 2 years now and it currently is in the shop for the 5th time. The driver door is always broken and you cannot drive the van with less than a half a tank of gas on an incline - the fuel cannot get to the engine and the car dies or will not start if parked. I've had a rental for over a week and was just given a document from gm stating they couldn't fix the problem - it's "just the way the car was designed" and that I would have to live with it. Very unreliable, interior plastic is cheap and breaks, the brakes squeal constantly, I had to replace tires at 15k. Horrible gas mileage - about 15 mpg!

Saturn Relay 2006- Check out the ride
By david nelson on 10/31/07 09:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 2 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Having many problems with rough ride. Tires replaced, extensive investigation of rough ride, dealership states "interent to the vehicle". I will never buy another saturn. Only started happening about 15,000 miles.

Few problems, but great buy
By TTC on 07/18/07 02:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Saturn Relay 3 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent experience with this, my first Saturn. It handles well, convenient features (cargo trays, sliidng doors, DVD. Mileage 16 city, 24 hwy. No fit or finish problems. Only problems were flickering lights (fixed by dealer) and a radio that refuses to get any AM station (all FM stations are perfect!).

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.