2005 Saturn Relay Consumer Reviews 3

2005 Saturn Relay - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Relay model:
2005 Saturn Relay - Love it
By Happy Customer on 03/23/08 11:37 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We've had our Saturn Relay since the middle of 2005 and love it. We have almost every option available and had few problems. It's comfortable to long distance travel especially with kids. We travel 8 to 12 hours with 5 kids and it's a complete dream. We've had a problem with the DVD player but other than that it's been great. I wish it had a little bit better gas mileage than 18-21 mpg during these days of high gas prices but other than that I love it.

I see it's not just me
By mike d on 03/17/08 18:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I do not know how many times I have had this van to the dealer. Things replaced off the top of my head, fuel sensor, radio,and windshield wiper motor to list a few. There is a constant noise in the front hubcaps when going 20 mph like sticking a playing card in a bike tire. Was told they fixed it with spacer washer in the lugs. No it is still there. They can't fix the front cupholders will not close or open properly. Need new tires and brakes at 30,000. This might be one of the cheaper suv/minivans out there but for 22000+ I expect a decent vehicle this is not. Can't wait till my lease is up to get into something else. Anything has to be better then this. Buyer Beware!!

After 6 Saturns This will be my last
By Chris on 02/16/08 07:40 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Where to begin,this is my 6th and last Saturn have loved every one prior to this. the doors don't close, wont stay shut haven't since the day I bought it,pop open when your driving down the road. When you disable the power doors it chimes incessantly until you either turn the powerdoor back on or remove the fuse. spent 3 weeks in the shop in the first 3 months due to electrical issues had entire interior torn out to finally find problem. Engine service light kept coming on. Front end pops and clicks when turning believe it is a ball joint issue, All plastic interior pieces keep breaking and falling off.this is the biggest piece of junk I have owned since my S-10 which made me swear of Chevy

Bad Choice
By Latasha118 on 02/06/08 09:10 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a complete lemon. Within the 1st year I had no heat. Rear and front windshield wiper motor went out. Truck will not close. Saturn had to replace my radio because when you turn to a station it goes blank. It was only 2 that would go blank but the car was brand new. Power Sliding door not working, one day I went to close the trunk . It wouldn't close at all, Saturn could not explain why. Makes blowing noises when car is off. Driver's window fell completely down. I could go on. I have 3 kids and it's nice and roomy but I'm looking to trade this lemon in. Saturn gave me free oil changes but that's no good when I'm there 1 a week. The guy at the dealership said they stop making these...

Lemon
By fab on 01/23/08 08:36 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Vue before I got the Relay and loved it but the Relay is another story. It has been worked on by the dealer 7 times in less than 4 years. All 7 times has been for the same problems! It's not the dealer because I have been to 2 with the same results. Don't waste your money on this car and save yourself a headache.

The worst vehicle I have ever owned...
By notagoodvan on 12/28/07 15:04 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This van has been nothing but a nightmare since the beginning. We should have sold it back under lemon law but we never thought the problems would continue. We certainly never thought that if the problems continued that Saturn would say...sorry you are stuck with it. It has had quite a few different brake problems, major door problems, issues with the windshield or something near there causing an extremely loud wind noise that was never able to be fixed, door paneling falling off, radio replaced 3 times, DVD player replaced once, rear sensor malfunction, broken seatbelt upon purchase, broken horn upon purchase and more...yes there's more. It's a terrible van and Saturn does not back it.

05 Saturn Relay
By Rich on 10/25/07 11:40 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Truck averages 23 mpg, good for a vehilce this size. Has approx 40,000 miles on it now, no problems to report. Mine is loaded. Factory remote start is nice, as is the remote doors.

They missed it on this one...
By unhappysaturn on 09/17/07 19:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had a several different brake problems (some very serious), non-stop problems with my sliding doors, I've had a seatbelt that was bad and when they serviced it they told me there was nothing wrong with it but when I get the service record a year later I find out that they replaced the seatbelt, my driver side air bag was faulty, my radio has been replaced 3 times, my dvd player has been replaced once, the trim on my car has been replaced more times then I can count because it peels off, there's a piece of trim now that has completely deteriorated after being replace about a year ago, I had to have my brakes rewired, I've had my windshield reset many times and the noise issue stil

Don't make the same mistake we did!
By Saturn Relay on 08/15/07 20:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is our 5th Saturn purchase. The battery died at 2900 miles in a gas station I am no longer welcome at. The bolts that hold the windshield wipers on were not properly tightend at the factory and came off during a rainstorm on a major interstate while I sat for 28 minutes until the state police could nudge my car off to the next ramp. Both abs chips on the brakes/hubs have been replaced within 35 days of each other, the left ball joint has been replaced, the power locks go on and off by themselves at mysterious times when your just sitting there,t he doors stick. Did I mention that it's 2 years old with 14,000 miles on it. I walk a lot..it's safer than being trapped inside or having no brakes.

What a great family Van
By Sam on 06/16/07 17:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van Early in '05, I think we were the first. Lots of small problems, updates, and fixes. The only major issue, was the flickering headlights and dash lights due to the wrong alternator. Dealer never figured it out, I found a buletin on alldata. Oh, and the Goodyear Integrity are the worst tires ever. We replaced the alternator and Tires (Michelin Hydrodedge - well worth the money). after that, the best family vehicle ever! 19mpg city, and 27 on the highway! DVD is awesome for kids, great for a trip taking vehicle with 7 passengers. Born a Ford man, now considering another GM Product for the family.