Used 2005 Saturn Relay Minivan Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan

View reviews for a specific Relay model:

2005 Saturn Relay 3, 250k miles, never been towed!
By CEW CO

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Original owner, 250k miles
Still runs great and looks great! Love this van!
Never been to shop.for repairs except brakes and tires. I wish I could buy more Saturns!

I owned other new Saturns Vue 2001, Vue 2006 and Ion Redline 2004 and Ion 2006.

They made a great product, that still look good on the road today.

All my Saturn's were great cars but the Relay 3 is my favorite little luxury liner.
Everything is working order, the Chevy dealer could not believe the mileage on her at last oil change, a/c charge up, full detail looked brand new. I hope she runs forever!

It's Been Good to Me
By franmorr1966

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been reliable and comfortable.
I have nearly 82,000 miles on this car and other than replacing the rear wiper motor (after warranty), the car has only needed normal wear and tear service.

I think the Relay has a nice design, has good pick-up, and gives a comfortable ride.

I guess it's the weight of the vehicle that seems to keep my tires in constant need of air. Other than that I don't really have complaints.

unhappy owner
By saturn owner

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have 2 powered doors and have had nothing but problems with them. They have opened while driving 75mph down the highway and GM is refusing to fix them even though we have a 16 page detailed service report of these on going problems. Put the doors aside and the other issues we have had with this very expensive vehicle and it is a great ride. It is a very comfortable and smooth ride. But I will never buy another GM vehicle again, we were sold a lemon of a vehicle and GM just tells us too bad. Hopefully not everyone is having the same problems we are. But I would not recommend buying this vehicle to anyone. The dvd screen is way too small for the kids to see it good from in back.

They did stop making these vehicles because of the major issues they are having with the doors coming open while driving.

Great Minivan
By dph414

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Minivan. Almost no problems. Fun to drive, easy to drive. Have problems occasionally with the power sliding doors, and the rear windshield wiper also stopped working. Makes a "Groaning" sound when making sharp or tight turns.

DVD Player Power Seats Power Sliding Doors All Wheel Drive

Power Sliding Doors get stuck sometimes. Rear Wiper stopped working.

Would recommend
By Jaymie

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car because we had our third child and I'm really happy with it. I enjoy driving it and it is very reliable the only time it never started was when i left the radio on (my mistake). Had to replace the hub and bearing at 75,000. It does have trouble with stalling my mechanic told me what the problem was something with the electric fuel something with aftermarket part still on the expensive side but if you give it a little gas when you start it. Yes i know it's not ideal but for what i paid for it. I guess i got one of the good ones. Look, it's not a Lincoln or Mercedes you do get what you pay for stop complaining and get a more expensive car if you want perfection.

dvd comes standard, room, the sporty look of the van. room. It's very sturdy but i keep it clean and maintained with oil changes and simonizing gotta take care of your car so it can take care of you!

Dimming of dash lights, fix starting problems, you could always refine it but for the money i cant complain. Everybody sorry if you got a lemon love mine.