2005 Saturn Relay Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Relay model:
It's Been Good to Me
By franmorr1966 on 12/26/10 10:26 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been reliable and comfortable. I have nearly 82,000 miles on this car and other than replacing the rear wiper motor (after warranty), the car has only needed normal wear and tear service.

unhappy owner
By saturn owner on 12/03/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We have 2 powered doors and have had nothing but problems with them. They have opened while driving 75mph down the highway and GM is refusing to fix them even though we have a 16 page detailed service report of these on going problems. Put the doors aside and the other issues we have had with this very expensive vehicle and it is a great ride. It is a very comfortable and smooth ride. But I will never buy another GM vehicle again, we were sold a lemon of a vehicle and GM just tells us too bad. Hopefully not everyone is having the same problems we are. But I would not recommend buying this vehicle to anyone. The dvd screen is way too small for the kids to see it good from in back.

Great Minivan
By dph414 on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great Minivan. Almost no problems. Fun to drive, easy to drive. Have problems occasionally with the power sliding doors, and the rear windshield wiper also stopped working. Makes a "Groaning" sound when making sharp or tight turns.

Would recommend
By Jaymie on 07/27/10 08:07 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car because we had our third child and I'm really happy with it. I enjoy driving it and it is very reliable the only time it never started was when i left the radio on (my mistake). Had to replace the hub and bearing at 75,000. It does have trouble with stalling my mechanic told me what the problem was something with the electric fuel something with aftermarket part still on the expensive side but if you give it a little gas when you start it. Yes i know it's not ideal but for what i paid for it. I guess i got one of the good ones. Look, it's not a Lincoln or Mercedes you do get what you pay for stop complaining and get a more expensive car if you want perfection.

Excellent quality love this van
By CEWCORP on 06/10/10 03:55 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have now over 100k miles with no problems. Excellent van that does everything right, everything is still in perfect working order and exterior and interior still looks brand new with no inside garaging. This is my 5th Saturn vehicle and I have had no problems with any of them and I have had all models. Love this car. Stuck in a southern California blizzard once and this car was the only one able to negotiate the freeway safely and did so well I felt like I was driving under normal conditions. Also, really liked the buying experience with Saturn and all the service experiences. This car was very stress free to own

Happy with my Relay
By Love my Relay on 04/24/10 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 AWD 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Saturn with only 11000 miles on it from the dealer. It has a smooth ride and is very comfortable. My 4 kids have loved the dvd player and the option to listen to their music and play video games. It comes with a normal plug outlet, very cool! This has come in handy for video games and for vacuming the van. The only problems I have had with the Relay is with the traction stability control system (had it fixed 2X now) and I feel the rotors are cheap. My Relay shakes going down the mountain roads. I was told they have shaved the rotors as much as they can so they will need to be replaced at my next brake job.

DON'T BUY THIS VAN
By Give the van back on 02/12/10 11:11 AM (PST)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is horrible. Yes the interior is nice but the ABS and stablization controls are always broken. Sliding doors will randomly open - or they may not open at all - it's a gamble. Have to press the gas to get it started - engine has a hard time turning over. Lights flicker. Saturn will tell you this is "normal" - but it's still not acceptable. They should all be recalled and demolished.

Problems with start up
By Jenn on 07/14/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Saturn Relay for the exception that since I bought the van if I did not push the gas peddle when I started the van then it would cut off on me. The van came with a warranty and took it to a dealership to be fixed and was told that it was the fuel pump. The replaced the fuel pump and now it is still having the same problem. Saturn has told me that it is just what "those" vans do. I will never get stranded it will always crank, it just might take several times before it starts.

Worst purchase of my life
By neverdriveasaturn on 06/16/09 04:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 2 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Nothing new, except proof of serious probs that should have resulted in recalls. Numerous prob with ABS and traction control systems going out--replaced sensors four times at a cost of $500+ twice(other two times were under part warranty).Had probs with rotors warping immediately after purchase, replaced at 35000 miles.Also had probs with cupping tires(on third set at 67000 miles).Warped tire rods. Auto door opener stopped working.Lever to fold 3rd broke.Depreciation!Traded this one in last week when we were upside down on the loan by $4000 because it was too costly to keep.Our cost to own this one for 3.5 yrs-over $40,000(purchase of $28000 and the rest in repairs, not incl. gas at 20mpg)

Worst car ever
By gallagher on 03/15/09 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn Relay Minivan 3 Fwd 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

It is very sad that I report on this. At first we thought it was a good and boy were we wrong. It was given to us by a friend that need us to take over payments and our credit was to bad to get one on our own. Now we are stuck with a lemon nothing but problems - bad brakes, door, tires, trim, abs brakes and the dealers has bad service and now that it is out of warranty.