Used 2009 Saturn Outlook SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

Never Again!
By nileteacher

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I realize that this vehicle is no longer being made, but I warn you not to buy an old used model either! We have had nothing but problems since we bought this vehicle at the end of 2009. A loose airbag connection, replaced radio, rebooted computer/software issue, replaced 2 coil packs at different times, a leaking strut, a leaking water pump, a rebuilt transmission and a malfunctioning rear hatch door. It has only 60,000 miles on it, and most of this has been since it hit 40,000. Worst, most unreliable car I've ever owned! Back to Mazda for me! Will never purchase a GM product again!

headlights and misfires
By breaid

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i bought this car new.around 20000 i started havin issues with it.since ive owned it it has been to the dealer several times.ive had 3 headlights burn out and a 4th right now.1 time they said the harness terminal melted. also i have taken it in forcheck engine light that comes on around every 5000 miles.its always seems to be the same thing.misfire on 6 2 times and misfire on 2.its sputters often but i just have to wait for the check engine light to come on again.dealership is 30+ miles away.this car has made me not want to ever buy a new car again!it hasnt ran like a new car since it has hit 20000!im now at 39000 and just waiting for the engine light to come back on.

Great Vehicle except...
By tkm52

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the XR for a about 1 year and it has been great. The only drawback is the transmission is a little sluggish when trying to excelerate in automatic mode. The problem is reduced when you use manual mode. If you know you are coming up on a situation like entering a crowded interstate you'll need to manually downshift to 4 or 5 to be able to have sufficient power to merge. The first time I did this I was in automatic mode and scared the hell out of me. The another minor item is when filling the tank. Be aware that a sleeve is in the opening so the nosel is partically sealed triggering shutoff prematurely. I can get another 2-3 gallon in the tank by pulling the nosel back when filling.

Room and comfort is great.

Improve the transmission. I get 20-21 mpg in auto but 21-23 in maual.

I love this car!
By Anonymous

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the most elegant and stable suv I have ever owned. I've had a Chrysler Pacifica, a Jeep Commander and my last was a Ford Edge. They all pale in comparison to the Outlook.

large interior, roomy for even the tallest person, Bluetooth is clear and easy to use, love the way the second row seats not only fold down for storage but slide forward to allow easy access to the third row. Handles beautifully.

Wish they continued to make them. It is such a great vehicle I think I might actually keep this one for more than three years.

Best For the Buck
By quickwhitt

2009 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Budget didn't account for the Luxury vehicle we wanted but the Outlook was an amazing solution. It is dollar for dollar everything I expected and more. It has the look and feel of a Luxury vehicle and I've noticed more heads turning and more compliments than I have with our previous vehicles. I keep hearing, " I didn't Know Saturn made anything this nice."

Everything (xm and onstar standard is huge plus)

The gas mileage is good for its size but definitely doesn't get what they post