2009 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:
Never Again!
By nileteacher on 04/06/13 13:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I realize that this vehicle is no longer being made, but I warn you not to buy an old used model either! We have had nothing but problems since we bought this vehicle at the end of 2009. A loose airbag connection, replaced radio, rebooted computer/software issue, replaced 2 coil packs at different times, a leaking strut, a leaking water pump, a rebuilt transmission and a malfunctioning rear hatch door. It has only 60,000 miles on it, and most of this has been since it hit 40,000. Worst, most unreliable car I've ever owned! Back to Mazda for me! Will never purchase a GM product again!

headlights and misfires
By breaid on 06/26/11 08:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

i bought this car new.around 20000 i started havin issues with it.since ive owned it it has been to the dealer several times.ive had 3 headlights burn out and a 4th right now.1 time they said the harness terminal melted. also i have taken it in forcheck engine light that comes on around every 5000 miles.its always seems to be the same thing.misfire on 6 2 times and misfire on 2.its sputters often but i just have to wait for the check engine light to come on again.dealership is 30+ miles away.this car has made me not want to ever buy a new car again!it hasnt ran like a new car since it has hit 20000!im now at 39000 and just waiting for the engine light to come back on.

Great Vehicle except...
By tkm52 on 01/20/11 15:10 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned the XR for a about 1 year and it has been great. The only drawback is the transmission is a little sluggish when trying to excelerate in automatic mode. The problem is reduced when you use manual mode. If you know you are coming up on a situation like entering a crowded interstate you'll need to manually downshift to 4 or 5 to be able to have sufficient power to merge. The first time I did this I was in automatic mode and scared the hell out of me. The another minor item is when filling the tank. Be aware that a sleeve is in the opening so the nosel is partically sealed triggering shutoff prematurely. I can get another 2-3 gallon in the tank by pulling the nosel back when filling.

I love this car!
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is by far the most elegant and stable suv I have ever owned. I've had a Chrysler Pacifica, a Jeep Commander and my last was a Ford Edge. They all pale in comparison to the Outlook.

Best For the Buck
By quickwhitt on 05/26/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Budget didn't account for the Luxury vehicle we wanted but the Outlook was an amazing solution. It is dollar for dollar everything I expected and more. It has the look and feel of a Luxury vehicle and I've noticed more heads turning and more compliments than I have with our previous vehicles. I keep hearing, " I didn't Know Saturn made anything this nice."

great suv
By patnpattiglenn@aol.c on 01/24/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have almost had this vehicle for a year. I just love it. It drives like a dream and I get very good gas mileage on mine. I love the style and look of it. It has plenty of room and is very comfortable to drive and ride in. Wish I hadn't got the black interior because it shows everything. But other than that it is my third Saturn and like with the others, I have had a great experience.

OUTLOOK the real full size SUV
By Dan Jones on 12/11/09 14:00 PM (PST)

2009 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this vehicle to replace my Dodge Grand Caravan I bought new and drove 10 years driving 110,000 miles, the purchase of my 09 Outlook was a very great choice. Love this car and the size and performance are top-of- the-hill. Wish the mpg was a little better, average 19-21 on reg- unleaded.

2009 Saturn Outlook XR fwd
By Robert whiting on 09/13/09 03:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is extremely stable. I have avoided three potential accidents by being able to swerve hard to avoid hitting idiot drivers not watching while changing lanes. The computer control stability system really works well. It has all the power needed plus some. (290hp) I got 23.5 mpg on a trip to Texas. 16 to 17 in town with a very light foot. Love the design in and out!! No rattles or squeaks. Door closes like a vault door. Quiet on the road with little wind noise. Love the sliding center armrest! Tons of cargo space with the seats down.

Back to American
By Steve on 09/10/09 21:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After having a couple Honda Pilots, GMC Yukon along with several other SUV's... My wife absolutely loves this one! I think GM finally is ahead of the competition with all that this vehicle offers. EXCELLENT Mpg, comfy, plenty of room yet not overwhelmingly large like some. Job well done!

The best of GM
By AndyS on 09/06/09 08:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle: '09 Outlook XR AWD. We traded a '04 Toyota Camry in on this vehicle to accommodate an expanding family. Contrary to the editor's review, the transmission in the 2009 Outlook is not sluggish. Nothing about the engine or transmission is sluggish at all. The ride is smooth and extra quiet with great handling especially when you consider the size of this vehicle. In fact this vehicle seems to outperform the our old Camry in every aspect. The Outlook has all the features and modern conveniences we could possibly want. A side note, the high beams on the headlights are the brightest and most illuminating I have ever used.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Saturn Outlook in VA is:

$129 per month*