2008 Saturn Outlook SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:
outlook transmission failure
By jerry194 on 03/19/14 08:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Over all car is "okay". Transmission has serious problems. Had to be rebuilt at 58k miles, control module replaced at 111k, speed sensor at 115k, and now looking at another rebuild at 141k. Vehicle is unreliable and I would defiantly not recommend it. GM quality is long gone, never buy another.

Great car as long as you don't want an engine that runs
By csa1 on 03/03/14 15:07 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our 2008 Outlook has 46000 miles on it and we are having to have the engine torn down. The dreaded timing chain problem that GM claims doesn't exist in the 2008 model DOES EXIST! For some crazy reason GM has extended the timing chain warranty on every other year of this vehicle except 2008. Our last GM had cronic problems as well but not this bad. Honestly I love the vehicle but GM has lost this customer. I am so disgusted.

Nice looks, poor quality
By jswig on 01/14/14 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Outlook looks very nice. This is the reason my wife and I decided to purchase this vehicle. We didn't know they had lots of problems. Have had wheel bearings go bad at only 65,000 miles. Have leaks around the sunroof, back rotors replaced, various exterior lights not working, and now at 74000 miles the transmission is bad. This is very common with this vehicle. Buyers beware, do plenty of research first. I'm only writing this to help others out so they don't find themselves in the same situation I'm in. Go with a newer Ford or Honda --- trust me. You don't want a vehicle from a company that had to get the bailout.

Transmission troubles
By jswig on 01/06/14 11:03 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just recently having transmission trouble. The problem is that it will not engage into drive or reverse. It just sits and revs up in any gear. I have not did anything with the car yet. Hoping someone can help me contact G.M. and get some help as I cannot afford the expense that most others have went through to get the trans fixed.

No Longer GM Customer
By lstonge1 on 03/26/13 09:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Outlook looks great inside and out, unfortunately mechanicly the vehicle is garbage. I have spent more money in 11 months of ownership on my 08 Outlook than I have in my last three vehicles combined. My next SUV will be a non GM product.

Problem mobile......
By itchypopkin on 01/28/13 13:25 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been a loyal General Motors customer but that might have to change after owning this vehicle. I really like the design of this vehicle inside and out. My main complaint is that it has major problem after major problem. The only good thing is that so far everything has been under warranty. The first thing to go was the rack and pinion at 30,000 miles. At around 35,000 miles the right strut started leaking and had to be replaced. It started leaking again at 60,000 miles, I don’t know if it’s bad luck for me or a design flaw. The next thing to go was the water pump at 50,000. Finally at 68,000 miles the transmission went. Thankfully it was still under warranty (with only two months to spare) and the dealership had to replace 3rd, 5th and reverse gears. Overall this has been the most unreliable vehicle I have ever owned. I would never recommend this vehicle to anybody. All owners appear to have the same main problems and I can’t believe General Motors doesn’t offer some type of buyback program as they did for the Vue.

Horrible Car - Do Not Buy
By steppiemay on 12/19/12 08:31 AM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I previously owned a (used) 2002 Nissa Altima that gave me all kinds of hell. I decided to buy American and thought Saturn made good cars. This car has proven me wrong. In the 4 years I've had it, (purchased in 2008 - original owner), the car has overheated twice. Check engine light came on 3x. I've had to replace an engine solenoid valve, temp sensor and H20 pump and fix a leaking transaxle. This morning I received a stability trak DIC. So off to the dealer I go again. This car is a big piece of junk! Pre-own buyers beware!!

Worst vehicle we have ever owned
By sbzg on 06/29/12 08:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This has been by far the worst car we have ever owned. The transmission was completely replaced under 50k miles (shuttered all the time). The lift gate struts broke. It over heated with thermostat problems at 25k miles. The AC randomly speeds up and slows down. The front headlamp assembly melted causing the headlights to go out ($700 if not under warranty). The dash computer went out causing the dash to go out. The remote start has never worked... dealer has never been able to figure that one out. And the kicker... the sunroof drains into the floor on the passenger side. Sometimes when it's raining and I hit the breaks, water flies from the headliner onto the dash. I will never buy a GM.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS VEHICLE !!!
By 2008outlookx2 on 02/23/12 19:20 PM (PST)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have now had 2 of these vehicle(not by choose on the 2nd go round) I purchased my first vehicle had it for 3 days and the Transmission blowup, long story short after another 8 times in the shop for major issues in 2 months of owning the vehicle the car dealer seeing the issue advised it just this vehicle must have something wrong with it so they traded me into another 08 saturn outlook advising this one shouldn't have any problems the other vehicle was a fluke(yeah ok).So i had this one for 2 weeks and the fun began, i had to take it back for the windshield washer in the back wiper not working, then had a crunching in the front when going over bumps in the road and going slowly over speed

Best car we have owned...highly recommend!
By mrbellyputter on 06/13/11 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

1st of all...we highly recommend buying your next car at CARMAX [violative content deleted] What a great, fun car buying experience! As for the car, easily the best car we have owned! We have/had Honda Civic, Nissan 300 Z twin turbo, Jeep Grand Cherokee, GMC Sierra Truck. This car drives like a dream! Safe, quiet, responsive, functional controls, kid friendly, seats reconfigure effortlessly...what more can I say?...we got it at a great price at CARMAX too! If you are looking for a SUV/mini van capacity, with performance like a sports sedan...then look no further...this is it! Satur Outlook will be less expensive than GMC Acadia (even though they are both the same car)!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.