Used 2008 Saturn Outlook SUV Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

Outlook buyers, look out!
By LCS

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My car may have been a lemon, but I had issue after issue with my 08 Outlook. GM actually extended our warranty after we filed lemon law paperwork, which at least helped with the numerous costly repairs it needed. Oil leaks, fuel tank replaced, cylinder heads, power steering, A/C repair twice, and more. The XR model was comfy inside, however, and spacious enough for 3 kids and 2 dogs.

Typical GM junk!
By Deckman88

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM does not care about its consumers. My Outlook needed a new transmission for $5000 (a common problem from a faulty wave plate) and it should have been recalled. Also replace countless other items worth probably an additional 2500 in repairs including new front struts, alternator, gauge cluster and oil cooler. I was stupid to buy this vehicle as before it I had a Hyundai with 150k on it that never required one single repair!

Transmission/Leaking W/ electrical issues
By Jenny

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my Saturn Outlook XR in march of 2015 with 74,000 miles on it. 2 months after i had transmission issues. the warranty covered it and i only had to pay my 100 dollar warranty deductible. now my vehicle is leaking from under the dash to the left of my break. and the sky light in the second and third row is now leaking water and the back headliner lights are even having water through them. yesterday 3/24/2016 it flooded really bad on the driver side. it was not the sunroof either. because it was not even wet in that area i can see water coming from under dash. I am now having electrical problems because of water damage. my wipers wont turn off unless car is off my turning indicators went out after coming on, on their own and finally just failed. my windshield wiper fluid was spraying on its own and finally failed. My vehicle is going to dealer this coming up week and the dealer has already told me it wont be covered! I have seen so many people with the same or similar issues as my own! DO NOT BUY THIS VEHICLE, OR ACADIA, OR THE BUICK ENCLAVE. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone sees this and wants to contact me and has same problems i have contacted GM and i will not just go away!!![contact information removed]

This vehicle s**ks!
By AS_2015

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

too many issues similar to the other consumers here... although I bought the vehicle used summer of last year, transmission was replaced (shortly after I bought it.. luckily I bought an extended warranty on it which covered about 2/3 of the costs.. ), acceleration (or lack of...), rack & pinion needed to be replaced this past summer, water pump, alternator/starter, electrical issues.. in other words.. I think you can use the word "Lemon" in this case and it sounds like the same for others posting their comments here as well... if this is what the GMC Acadia is like since the Outlook and the Acadia are similar in parts, service , etc. , I am going to steer away from GMC!!

Yet another transmission victim!
By Tim

2008 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This past May I had my transmission replaced for the second time within three years. Since May I have had to take my car back to that same shop three more times and now my starter just went on me. This car has given me nothing but grief and if I didn't owe more on it than it was worth it would have been traded in by now! I am absolutely done with GM. Unfortunately, I may be done with American cars period at this point.