Do not buy this car
By apow on
2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
I bought this car used and liked the styling, etc. But, my transmission failed, brake fluid is leaking into the master cylinder, the air bag sensors are shot, and there's some noise coming from my front end. The car only has 80,000 miles on it! I've heard so many others are having the same problems with this car. I wish I had read reviews of it before I bought it!! As a comparison, my Dodge Caravan had almost 300,000 miles on it when it died and my husband's Ford F150 has 315,000 miles on it. This car is such a nightmare. I don't know if I should bother to fix it because it sounds like others have had it fixed only to have MORE issues come up. GM should be ashamed. I'll never buy a GM again.
Favorite Features
It's a nice looking car. That is it. The engine is an unreliable piece of junk.
Suggested Improvements
GMC should recall this horrible model. Or repair them for free. They have known about these problems since the car came out and they have done NOTHING about it. At the very least they should have made sure traded in Outlooks were never resold so that struggling Moms like me wouldn't have to deal with this unnecessary money pit. I'll never buy another GMC. EVER.
By mginsc
on 02/22/14 20:48 PM (PST)

Your story resembles mine in so many ways. I, too, am a single Mom and fell in love with this car when I drove it. It has been nothing but hell and now I am without a car because the engine seized after a repair. It is a heap and I will never, ever buy another GM car again.

By gftodd
on 04/17/14 15:34 PM (PDT)

I say we file a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!! I think they are waiting for someone to die before doing anything! I have had all the same problems1!!