2007 Saturn Outlook SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:
Great Vehicle
By jrickenbrode on 08/26/14 12:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Outlook in 2088, it only had 16 miles on it. Today it turned over 111.000 miles. This has been the most reliable vehicle. I do a lot of driving and I have never had to have this in the shop beside for regular maintenance. Love this vehicle!

DO NOT BUY A SATURN 2007 OUTLOOK
By gftodd on 04/17/14 15:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had problems with this car since I bought it used in 2009. This car is a disgrace and I fear driving every time I get in the car. My husband was just driving it recently on a major highway and the car just stalled out and he couldn't steer. Now how about if that was me and my 6 yr old son and we would have gotten into a major accident. I had to buy a new transmission, struts, now its in the shop again for another problem. Do research on any car before you buy. I will never buy another GM again. I always told people to buy AMERICAN but apparently they don't care about screwing us over!!

Design Debacle
By justdontdrive on 04/04/14 21:19 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Writing in after being outraged at a $3000 timing chain replacement, most of it 17 hours of mechanic's labor. Come on GM, timing belts and chain replacement are as given on a car as is the tires. Why would you approve a design that requires dropping the engine to replace them! On a Honda or other Japanese car, it's $400-500 event. Not so for GM. I bought the 07 new. I haven't had a great deal of trouble, like some here who have all kinds of failures. But there were some: the lift gate which has a complicated motorized latch, failed so that it remained unlatched while driving. There was simply no way to hold it shut. Dangerous! Then it was $400 to have that fixed. All electrical.

Engine Failed, the worst car ever
By mginsc on 02/22/14 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car fit the bill for a single mom who had to shuttle around kids to events, friends, trips, etc. Soon after purchase, I took the car in for repair after the check engine light came on. The timing chain was replaced under a recall. I was told that metal was in my oil because of it. Then my transmission began malfunctioning and it was the transmission control module. Then my power steering went out because of faulty design on the hose. Then oil was leaking into the throttle body so a gasket was replaced. After that final repair, I made it 3 miles down the road and my engine seized. Do not buy this car. I will never buy GM again. Ever.

Good car overall - but recent transmission issues concerning
By jfazio on 02/13/14 08:39 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new and have taken relatively good care of it. Overall we like the drive, quality etc. At 78,000 miles however the transmission tanked. And we have researched online that this is a common occurrence. This is about a $4000 repair. Outside of the this, no other major complaints - but that's a pretty big one.

Do not buy this car
By apow on 09/03/13 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used and liked the styling, etc. But, my transmission failed, brake fluid is leaking into the master cylinder, the air bag sensors are shot, and there's some noise coming from my front end. The car only has 80,000 miles on it! I've heard so many others are having the same problems with this car. I wish I had read reviews of it before I bought it!! As a comparison, my Dodge Caravan had almost 300,000 miles on it when it died and my husband's Ford F150 has 315,000 miles on it. This car is such a nightmare. I don't know if I should bother to fix it because it sounds like others have had it fixed only to have MORE issues come up. GM should be ashamed. I'll never buy a GM again.

Buyer Beware!! GM knows about problems
By anglins4 on 05/06/13 13:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

There are not enough characters allowed to convey all the problems you will have if you purchase this car. We bought ours new in 07 and loved the space in the car and how it drove. Within the first year we started having problems with leaking from the sunroof, windows, airbags, under the glove box. We had to pay $600 for repairs when hundreds of others had complained to GM about the same problem. GM has a recall/bulletin on the exterior lights but say our VIN number is not included so even thought we have the exact problem they won't even listen to us b/c of the VIN number. Crazy! Do Yourself A Favor....Stay away from this car!

Worst Car of My Life
By dieselfan on 05/03/13 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was without question the worst automobile I have ever purchased in my life. (That includes a Chrysler product purchased in the mid 1980's!) Although roomy, attractive, and fun to drive, the vehicle fell apart from the beginning. Purchasing this vehicle was a decision I will regret the rest of my life. Almost immediately after purchasing the vehicle, it began to have problems. Warning lights, tailgate lock, audio system, transmission, power windows--you name it, it broke. Finally, the transmission completely failed shortly after warranty ran out. I didn't have the $4500 to have it repaired and I let the vehicle get repossessed. I will never buy another GM product in my life.

Love It & Hate It
By zr77 on 04/05/13 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Outlook used with 40K miles, and thankfully I bought an extended warranty, it's paid for itself many times over already in the 2 and 1/2 years we've owned this car. We traded in a Mazda MPV minivan with 140K miles that needed maybe $800 worth of repairs over the 6+ years we owned it. The Saturn on the other hand has cost over $5000 in repairs. Luckily the warranty covered all but about $800-900. I was able to get the timing chain repaired under the recall and an issue with the transmission as well. We've had issues with the AC, heating vents, sunroofs pour in water, brakes replaced many times, oil leaks (major), will not stay aligned, tires are junk, poor paint quality etc.

transmission and timing chain failure
By ben2007 on 07/12/12 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my 2007 Saturn outlook Xe repair on 1/31/11 by GM dealer because of the timing chain and transmission cost $5626.08 Most mechanics stated that is unusually both at the same time. I had been getting a lot of recalls for this timing chain after the work was done. I found that this was an issue before by SUV needed repairs. Then i saw this notice: GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS2552 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: February 9, 2010 Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK 2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SR Why would the dealer charge me, knowing the timing belt was an issue

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.