Used 2007 Saturn Outlook SUV Consumer Reviews - 143 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

202k miles strong. Great vehicle
By Hernando G

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our 2007 XR with 7 miles on it in 2007. She now has 202k miles. Maintenance: maintenance pack at 100k, trans at 150k, rear hubs 200k.

Biggest issues is a short in the radio system and rear lift door motor presently. Aside from that she has been as reliable as anything that is cared for and as safe as a tank.

One accident where another smaller vehicle hit her directly on the front right wheel area, our Saturn was repaired and the other car was a total loss. As a matter of fact we drive away from the accident scene afterwards. No injuries. That was at 140k.

Tires, synthetic oil, brakes are a norm.

Interior is tip top even after 6 kids (5 adults now). Paint and trim is flawless even when she is parked outside in Florida for her life of 8 years. She is as much a part of our family as our loved dogs.

biggest mistake you will make
By Meghan mitchell

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this suv used with 70000 miles on it. After owning it for a little over two years it now has 111000 miles and is on its 4th transmission. .. yep! Thank God we bought the extended warranty otherwise we would be even more screwed. Has such a bad name can't even trade it in for half its value. Stability track light kept coming on over past couple months and made it extremely dangerous to drive. Stalls at lights, had to have water pump replaced, throttle body and steering column. Two out of four Windows work. Has emission control module code showing up which we understand is quite costly. Loud vibrating noise from tires..shifts horribly when trying to pass another vehicle. This is to name just a few problems lol.. save yourself the headache.. do not buy this pathetic excuse for a vehicle.

Great Vehicle
By jrickenbrode

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Outlook in 2088, it only had 16 miles on it. Today it turned over 111.000 miles. This has been the most reliable vehicle. I do a lot of driving and I have never had to have this in the shop beside for regular maintenance. Love this vehicle!

DO NOT BUY A SATURN 2007 OUTLOOK
By gftodd

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had problems with this car since I bought it used in 2009. This car is a disgrace and I fear driving every time I get in the car. My husband was just driving it recently on a major highway and the car just stalled out and he couldn't steer. Now how about if that was me and my 6 yr old son and we would have gotten into a major accident. I had to buy a new transmission, struts, now its in the shop again for another problem. Do research on any car before you buy. I will never buy another GM again. I always told people to buy AMERICAN but apparently they don't care about screwing us over!!

best feature is all the room

I would suggest redoing the whole car!!!

Design Debacle
By justdontdrive

2007 Saturn Outlook SUV XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Writing in after being outraged at a $3000 timing chain replacement, most of it 17 hours of mechanic's labor.
Come on GM, timing belts and chain replacement are as given on a car as is the tires.
Why would you approve a design that requires dropping the engine to replace them! On a Honda or other Japanese car, it's $400-500 event.
Not so for GM.
I bought the 07 new.
I haven't had a great deal of trouble, like some here who have all kinds of failures.
But there were some: the lift gate which has a complicated motorized latch, failed so that it remained unlatched while driving.
There was simply no way to hold it shut. Dangerous! Then it was $400 to have that fixed.
All electrical.

Ample seating. Feels solid, even after 7 years ownership.

Engineer the products with owners in mind. Pay attention to cost of ownership when the car is no longer brand new.