Used 2007 Saturn Outlook XE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

Engine Failed, the worst car ever
By mginsc

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car fit the bill for a single mom who had to shuttle around kids to events, friends, trips, etc. Soon after purchase, I took the car in for repair after the check engine light came on. The timing chain was replaced under a recall. I was told that metal was in my oil because of it. Then my transmission began malfunctioning and it was the transmission control module. Then my power steering went out because of faulty design on the hose. Then oil was leaking into the throttle body so a gasket was replaced. After that final repair, I made it 3 miles down the road and my engine seized. Do not buy this car. I will never buy GM again. Ever.

The terrible quality of the engine and transmission overshadow any visual attributes of this car.

Recall the entire car. I want my money back. The terrible thing is that GM knows the failures, knows my frustration and financial loss, knows they are partly responsible, yet will not offer to replace my engine or even give me back the $500 I paid for the repair that sent the engine into failure.

Good car overall - but recent transmission issues concerning
By jfazio

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new and have taken relatively good care of it. Overall we like the drive, quality etc. At 78,000 miles however the transmission tanked. And we have researched online that this is a common occurrence. This is about a $4000 repair. Outside of the this, no other major complaints - but that's a pretty big one.

It drives well, we have just the front wheel drive and it handles nicely in snowy weather, and is comfortable for long drives.

Transmission problem at about 75,000 is a major concern.

Do not buy this car
By apow

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used and liked the styling, etc. But, my transmission failed, brake fluid is leaking into the master cylinder, the air bag sensors are shot, and there's some noise coming from my front end. The car only has 80,000 miles on it! I've heard so many others are having the same problems with this car. I wish I had read reviews of it before I bought it!! As a comparison, my Dodge Caravan had almost 300,000 miles on it when it died and my husband's Ford F150 has 315,000 miles on it. This car is such a nightmare. I don't know if I should bother to fix it because it sounds like others have had it fixed only to have MORE issues come up. GM should be ashamed. I'll never buy a GM again.

It's a nice looking car. That is it. The engine is an unreliable piece of junk.

GMC should recall this horrible model. Or repair them for free. They have known about these problems since the car came out and they have done NOTHING about it. At the very least they should have made sure traded in Outlooks were never resold so that struggling Moms like me wouldn't have to deal with this unnecessary money pit. I'll never buy another GMC. EVER.

Worst Car of My Life
By dieselfan

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was without question the worst automobile I have ever purchased in my life. (That includes a Chrysler product purchased in the mid 1980's!) Although roomy, attractive, and fun to drive, the vehicle fell apart from the beginning. Purchasing this vehicle was a decision I will regret the rest of my life. Almost immediately after purchasing the vehicle, it began to have problems. Warning lights, tailgate lock, audio system, transmission, power windows--you name it, it broke. Finally, the transmission completely failed shortly after warranty ran out. I didn't have the $4500 to have it repaired and I let the vehicle get repossessed. I will never buy another GM product in my life.

The color.

It's a shame that GM builds products that are so inferior. I am a patriot and endeavor to buy American products whenever available. This vehicle changed all that for me. My next vehicle was a Honda and it has required ZERO repairs in 80,000 miles. I will never again give GM the opportunity to steal my hard-earned money by selling me such a piece of s**t!

transmission and timing chain failure
By ben2007

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my 2007 Saturn outlook Xe repair on 1/31/11 by GM dealer because of the timing chain and transmission cost $5626.08 Most mechanics stated that is unusually both at the same time. I had been getting a lot of recalls for this timing chain after the work was done. I found that this was an issue before by SUV needed repairs. Then i saw this notice: GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS2552 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: February 9, 2010 Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK 2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SR Why would the dealer charge me, knowing the timing belt was an issue

when at 100% and not driving sluggish. It is a good SUV

have GM pay back these costly fees, that our having continuous issues and audit dealers that do unlawful repairs cost when the recalls are in effect.