2007 Saturn Outlook 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

XE 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:
Engine Failed, the worst car ever
By mginsc on 02/22/14 20:59 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car fit the bill for a single mom who had to shuttle around kids to events, friends, trips, etc. Soon after purchase, I took the car in for repair after the check engine light came on. The timing chain was replaced under a recall. I was told that metal was in my oil because of it. Then my transmission began malfunctioning and it was the transmission control module. Then my power steering went out because of faulty design on the hose. Then oil was leaking into the throttle body so a gasket was replaced. After that final repair, I made it 3 miles down the road and my engine seized. Do not buy this car. I will never buy GM again. Ever.

Good car overall - but recent transmission issues concerning
By jfazio on 02/13/14 08:39 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new and have taken relatively good care of it. Overall we like the drive, quality etc. At 78,000 miles however the transmission tanked. And we have researched online that this is a common occurrence. This is about a $4000 repair. Outside of the this, no other major complaints - but that's a pretty big one.

Do not buy this car
By apow on 09/03/13 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car used and liked the styling, etc. But, my transmission failed, brake fluid is leaking into the master cylinder, the air bag sensors are shot, and there's some noise coming from my front end. The car only has 80,000 miles on it! I've heard so many others are having the same problems with this car. I wish I had read reviews of it before I bought it!! As a comparison, my Dodge Caravan had almost 300,000 miles on it when it died and my husband's Ford F150 has 315,000 miles on it. This car is such a nightmare. I don't know if I should bother to fix it because it sounds like others have had it fixed only to have MORE issues come up. GM should be ashamed. I'll never buy a GM again.

Worst Car of My Life
By dieselfan on 05/03/13 11:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This was without question the worst automobile I have ever purchased in my life. (That includes a Chrysler product purchased in the mid 1980's!) Although roomy, attractive, and fun to drive, the vehicle fell apart from the beginning. Purchasing this vehicle was a decision I will regret the rest of my life. Almost immediately after purchasing the vehicle, it began to have problems. Warning lights, tailgate lock, audio system, transmission, power windows--you name it, it broke. Finally, the transmission completely failed shortly after warranty ran out. I didn't have the $4500 to have it repaired and I let the vehicle get repossessed. I will never buy another GM product in my life.

transmission and timing chain failure
By ben2007 on 07/12/12 11:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had my 2007 Saturn outlook Xe repair on 1/31/11 by GM dealer because of the timing chain and transmission cost $5626.08 Most mechanics stated that is unusually both at the same time. I had been getting a lot of recalls for this timing chain after the work was done. I found that this was an issue before by SUV needed repairs. Then i saw this notice: GM CUSTOMER CARE AND AFTERSALES DCS2552 URGENT - DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY Date: February 9, 2010 Subject: 10287 - Customer Satisfaction Program Premature Timing Chain Wear - Reprogram ECM Models: 2007 GMC Acadia, Saturn OUTLOOK 2007-09 Cadillac CTS, SR Why would the dealer charge me, knowing the timing belt was an issue

Multiple problems, GM Doesn't Care
By mherold on 05/29/12 12:00 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the seating for 8, overall driving performance, handling, and fuel economy. Dislike that by 45,000 miles the struts were bad, the steering column was bad, brakes, and several other electical issues. At 78,000 miles the transmission went out and the timing chains where stretched. The 5yr/100,000mile powertrain warranty was up by 3 weeks and GM said they would "goodwill" it. Then made me pay for have of it. I understand no car is perfect. Due to the way GM handled this, I will stick to Toyota and Honda products.

Worst vehicle ever!
By dissapointed9 on 09/01/11 18:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the worst vehicle we've ever owned.It was purchased new in '07 & has been a complete dissapointment since.It started with engine problems(cams/housing was manufactured incorrectly) & was in the shop apx. 2 weeks for a rebuild. Within days of this repair, the power steering pump failed. This happened at apx 40,000 miles. This spring the wipers failed, leaving us in a dangerous situation.Within a few months of that incident, the transmission failed and again was in the shop several weeks. Immediately after the transmission repair, the low gears failed to engage. Conveniently, it was a computer problem, so not covered under warranty. Today the dash lights/displays failed.What's next?

Major regret of my life!
By Margaret on 10/26/09 14:27 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Where do I begin....2nd day, AC stops working and downhill from there...leaky sunroof, jammed seatbelt, interior door trim falls off, bad paint job (repainted twice!), inside dash compartment mechanism broke, exterior wiper trim falls off from car wash (replaced 3 times), front suspension sway bar end links worn out (at 20K miles), musty smell from AC, loud thump when in reverse (told this is normal) and I could go on and on. I have regretted this major purchase everyday. It is always in for service. I begged them to buy it back from me after the first month. I dread the day the warranty expires.

Nice looking but that's it.
By Jason on 01/24/09 22:19 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife loves the car but can't seem to find enough gas money. Fuel economy stinks! The layout is perfect for a family. The car has no power and is a nightmare in the snow or ice traction control is a joke! I would have rather bought a Tahoe better fuel economy and better performance!

Comfortable and roomy but tranny is awful!
By eric on 07/18/08 14:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I replaced an '02 Impala with this. I love the ride and interior appointments. Sporty handling. Very comfortable on long road trips and tons of storage. I don't like the transmission, MPG, build quality. Everyone says the MPG is not what they expected based on the sticker and I'm no exception. The build quality is questionable because I had the thing in at least 10 times for piddly stuff. The worst however is the transmission. Short of a major reprogramming of the shift points and general responsiveness, this transmission stinks badly- period. I fear however that if that is done, MPG will suffer even more. It hunts in 6th, and requires an act of God (a slow one) to downshift!