Used 2007 Saturn Outlook Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Saturn Outlook - Consumer Reviews

2007 Saturn Outlook

View reviews for a specific Outlook model:

Great Vehicle
By jrickenbrode

2007 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Outlook in 2088, it only had 16 miles on it. Today it turned over 111.000 miles. This has been the most reliable vehicle. I do a lot of driving and I have never had to have this in the shop beside for regular maintenance. Love this vehicle!

DO NOT BUY A SATURN 2007 OUTLOOK
By gftodd

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had problems with this car since I bought it used in 2009. This car is a disgrace and I fear driving every time I get in the car. My husband was just driving it recently on a major highway and the car just stalled out and he couldn't steer. Now how about if that was me and my 6 yr old son and we would have gotten into a major accident. I had to buy a new transmission, struts, now its in the shop again for another problem. Do research on any car before you buy. I will never buy another GM again. I always told people to buy AMERICAN but apparently they don't care about screwing us over!!

Favorite Features

best feature is all the room

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest redoing the whole car!!!

Design Debacle
By justdontdrive

2007 Saturn Outlook XR 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Writing in after being outraged at a $3000 timing chain replacement, most of it 17 hours of mechanic's labor. Come on GM, timing belts and chain replacement are as given on a car as is the tires. Why would you approve a design that requires dropping the engine to replace them! On a Honda or other Japanese car, it's $400-500 event. Not so for GM. I bought the 07 new. I haven't had a great deal of trouble, like some here who have all kinds of failures. But there were some: the lift gate which has a complicated motorized latch, failed so that it remained unlatched while driving. There was simply no way to hold it shut. Dangerous! Then it was $400 to have that fixed. All electrical.

Favorite Features

Ample seating. Feels solid, even after 7 years ownership.

Suggested Improvements

Engineer the products with owners in mind. Pay attention to cost of ownership when the car is no longer brand new.

Engine Failed, the worst car ever
By mginsc

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car fit the bill for a single mom who had to shuttle around kids to events, friends, trips, etc. Soon after purchase, I took the car in for repair after the check engine light came on. The timing chain was replaced under a recall. I was told that metal was in my oil because of it. Then my transmission began malfunctioning and it was the transmission control module. Then my power steering went out because of faulty design on the hose. Then oil was leaking into the throttle body so a gasket was replaced. After that final repair, I made it 3 miles down the road and my engine seized. Do not buy this car. I will never buy GM again. Ever.

Favorite Features

The terrible quality of the engine and transmission overshadow any visual attributes of this car.

Suggested Improvements

Recall the entire car. I want my money back. The terrible thing is that GM knows the failures, knows my frustration and financial loss, knows they are partly responsible, yet will not offer to replace my engine or even give me back the $500 I paid for the repair that sent the engine into failure.

Good car overall - but recent transmission issues concerning
By jfazio

2007 Saturn Outlook XE 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought this car brand new and have taken relatively good care of it. Overall we like the drive, quality etc. At 78,000 miles however the transmission tanked. And we have researched online that this is a common occurrence. This is about a $4000 repair. Outside of the this, no other major complaints - but that's a pretty big one.

Favorite Features

It drives well, we have just the front wheel drive and it handles nicely in snowy weather, and is comfortable for long drives.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission problem at about 75,000 is a major concern.