2005 Saturn L300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )
Great at nothing
By Benny on 10/16/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for several years and put over 50K on it. It was reliable, never had a major repair! But that was all the good I can say. The car had no personality. It had average power, average gas mileage, average handling, looks were bland and the car was absolutely no fun to drive. The plastic body made the car sound as if you were doing 110mph wile simply cruising down the highway at 60mph.

A dark-horse winner
By Phil on 05/16/06 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We chose the L300 over the Mazda6, VW Passat, and Subaru Legacy and we couldn't be happier. It is a sharp looking car that you don't see at every street corner, and the V6 is underrated in its performance--this car goes. It's a blast to drive and has been completely reliable. You really can't beat it for the money--with all the incentives, the car was thousands less as equipped than others in its class, and in my opinion far better looking to boot. Even the mileage is commendable considering the abundant power (we average 24 to 30 mpg).

Excellent value
By Curtis on 01/10/06 14:36 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good car for the money. The few folks who gave negative comments about this car must expect BMW or Mercedes performance. You are not paying for a BMW or Mercedes.

My car
By l300 on 10/30/05 13:51 PM (PST)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like the style of the car as well as the performance and safety features. If you want a luxury car without the luxury price go for the Saturn L300 you won't be disappointed!

Best Kept Secret
By ivan on 09/28/05 16:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At first I regretted my purchase and thought I wanted to hang myself for not getting the 2006 Hyundai Sonata. After 4 days of driving it I realized that this car is great and I no longer feel remorse. It handles well and though it can do better on gas and the comfort for back seat passengers is not all that great I love this car. I love driving it and it was better than Honda or any mid sized sedan Ford have to offer (in my opinion). This car is like one of the best kept secrets. I am very happy with the L300 2005 and hope to have it for at least 8 years!

I will always buy a Saturn
By MCaz21 on 09/05/05 22:00 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Saturn L series, I had an 2003 L200, but the L200 doesn't compare to the L300 V6. Big difference in fuel economy. I get better gas mileage on the interstate with the V6 than the 4 cyl. I have never had a problem with my Saturn's and will always own one.

It could be better
By John on 08/19/05 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my l-300 for about 1 year now and I must say that I am not impressed. I have had a lot of problems with items such the climate control, tires, fit and finish of interior components with sqeaks and rattles in places i still connot find. I have kicked myself for not getting the extended warranty for this vehicle. The stereo is the top of the line but the CD changer has a mind of its own. These have all been repeat problems and I'm sure they will repeat once more before getting rid of the car. Will I purchase a new one? Doubtful

Girlfriends
By Hoagie on 08/10/05 19:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is an acceptable midsize vehicle. The 3L engine keeps it moving. Car was quite comfortable on a 200 mile trip. Gas mileage (26 mph on the trip) could probably be better. The black paint shows swirls, and even though the dealership buffed it out, they reappeared.

I love my Saturn!
By Ida D on 07/26/05 07:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Saturn, both in the L series. My son-in-law now owns one and my daughter just bought a Relay. What can I say, we love them! And just as important, if not more so - the sales and service department treat me like a consumer rather than a woman. I got so tired of sales people asking if "my husband" needed to be consulted about the purchase of the automobile, or the service department looking at me funny as I described my concern as a series of sounds. Neither of these things has ever been the case at Saturn, and that alone will at least keep me coming back for this product.

Bad Warranty response
By What Warranty? on 07/14/05 22:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My L300 burns oil at start-up like a bug fogger and after 3 month. the dip stick showed no oil. It took 3.25 quarts to bring in to full on the stick and this was the second trip to the dealer for the same problem. The dealer agrees that it is burning oil badly, but they and Saturn want me to bring it back every 500 miles for an oil consuption test. I asked why the volume was an issue instead of the problem. Saturn requires this test was the answer. A new 2005 L300 bug defogger is what I got and no one will fix the problem.