Used 2005 Saturn L300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Saturn L300 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (18 reviews )

Great at nothing
By Benny

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I owned this car for several years and put over 50K on it. It was reliable, never had a major repair! But that was all the good I can say. The car had no personality. It had average power, average gas mileage, average handling, looks were bland and the car was absolutely no fun to drive. The plastic body made the car sound as if you were doing 110mph wile simply cruising down the highway at 60mph.

Favorite Features

Too plain for a favorite anything

Suggested Improvements

Discontinued the model so this question is not fair, but more sound insulation would have helped

A dark-horse winner
By Phil

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We chose the L300 over the Mazda6, VW Passat, and Subaru Legacy and we couldn't be happier. It is a sharp looking car that you don't see at every street corner, and the V6 is underrated in its performance--this car goes. It's a blast to drive and has been completely reliable. You really can't beat it for the money--with all the incentives, the car was thousands less as equipped than others in its class, and in my opinion far better looking to boot. Even the mileage is commendable considering the abundant power (we average 24 to 30 mpg).

Favorite Features

Surprising performance and handling, great stereo and standard features, sharp looks, unbeatable value.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials would be beneficial, but for the price, it's perfect. The center console is too small to be very useful.

Excellent value
By Curtis

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very good car for the money. The few folks who gave negative comments about this car must expect BMW or Mercedes performance. You are not paying for a BMW or Mercedes.

Favorite Features

Exterior body styling, instrument panel, acceleration

Suggested Improvements

Leave it alone; I don't want to pay more

My car
By l300

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I like the style of the car as well as the performance and safety features. If you want a luxury car without the luxury price go for the Saturn L300 you won't be disappointed!

Favorite Features

The dash is user friendly and the sleek style of the body make it beautiful to look at and not at a great deal of money.

Suggested Improvements

None. Love it just the way it is.

Best Kept Secret
By ivan

2005 Saturn L300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

At first I regretted my purchase and thought I wanted to hang myself for not getting the 2006 Hyundai Sonata. After 4 days of driving it I realized that this car is great and I no longer feel remorse. It handles well and though it can do better on gas and the comfort for back seat passengers is not all that great I love this car. I love driving it and it was better than Honda or any mid sized sedan Ford have to offer (in my opinion). This car is like one of the best kept secrets. I am very happy with the L300 2005 and hope to have it for at least 8 years!

Favorite Features

Great sound system, great acceleration and great deal for a car in itís class.

Suggested Improvements

I feel like Saturn needs to work a great deal on the interior of their cars. For example I love my L300 now but the interior looks like something out of the mid to late 90ís. Can do better on the warranty they offer as well.