2004 Saturn L300 Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L300 model:
A nice, affordable wagon
By thewildhero on 05/13/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 1 4dr Station Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving this car for 4 years, and I love it. It feels great on the road, and was very affordable. Even though I have the 4-cylinder baseline version, I've used this thing for hauling a good amount of stuff, including people that shouldn't have been riding in the back. I do have a few issues with the car, though. The interior materials are a bit cheap. As a result, the seats are a bit uncomfortable and it isn't all that durable. The second issue I have is a big one, writing this review in 2014: repairs are getting to be very expensive for this car. The L-series didn't exactly sell gangbusters, which means parts are getting increasingly hard to find.

Luxury Qualities at an Affordable Price
By Curt on 04/22/07 11:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 3 4dr Station Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Researched and drove many luxury wagons and found this Saturn wagon. We drove and were sold for our family of four. It has plenty of power and butter-soft leather seats. Very comfortable inside with standard side curtain airbags, big cargo area, plenty of legroom for all, good mileage and 6-speaker crisp-thumping stereo. There's more road noise than in the BMW wagon, but you'll pay dearly for that quiet ride. According to Saturn rep, the L300's weren't marketed well and hence poor sales as a result. They were discontinued in 2005 to make way for better selling models. So far we are very happy with this vehicle. Great price, Luxury feel.

Good little car
By Clearboy on 08/26/06 05:13 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 1 4dr Station Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My wife purchased this car after we had two unhappy experiences w/ VW. We have on small problem with the rear tailgate that was covered under warranty. No other problems in 55000 mi. Mileage on highway hovers around 30mpg. She purchased the vehicle due to over all value, high amount of features to price. 4cyl provides enough power for normal use. We don't pull trailers or race Corvettes with it. Overall, an excellent little wagon and an under appreciated car.

Our tow car
By BobE on 11/29/04 18:43 PM (PST)

It has been reliable

ebcpits
By ebcpits on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Has been very reliable

BEST
By bams478 on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 2 4dr Station Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

convinence of starting quickly and the extraordinary ability to pull away fast from the traffic lights and get to the speed limit

2004 Saturn Wagon L300 V/6
By Brucejf on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 3 4dr Station Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I am very impressed with this vehicle. There is plenty of power, comfortable seating, and it handles like a sports car with a comfortable ride. The standard equipment list includes everything needed. The fit, finish, and interior appointments are excellent. I purchased this car for my wife who loves it. My other car is a Cadillac Eldorado, and if Cadillac were to produce a midsize wagon, this could be it. I cant think of a better comparison.

Great Car!
By Uglier on 09/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 1 4dr Station Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We have a Saturn L300.1 2004 wagon and a 2 year old Volvo V70. The cars are basically identical in size and function, but the Saturn cost about one half the Volvo!! The Saturn rides and handles better, has better exterior and dash styling, and gets better mileage. The Volvo is smoother and more refined, has a bit more power, better heater controls, came with better tires, and has better seats. The tires were an easy fix on the Saturn, and I really prefer driving it to the Volvo. For value there's just no comparison.

4 door wagon, saturn red l200
By clarence rief on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 1 4dr Station Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

this car is well made.it has many standard features that cost additional on other makes. the use of plastic side panel is aplus lessens dents and nicks in parking spaces.my 4 cyl. has more get up and go than any of the 4's i have had befor.

2004 L300 Wagon 3.0 L
By SAMiAM on 07/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Saturn L300 Wagon 2 4dr Station Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall a fun car to drive. This car has plenty of power and serious braking response with the traction control. We experienced an engine computer glitch, which the dealer promptly reprogrammed. Our average gas mileage was 15.2 mpg in the city, a bit less than the EPA estimate of 20 mpg.