Used 2004 Saturn L300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Saturn L300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L300 model:

A nice, affordable wagon
By thewildhero

2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Station Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving this car for 4 years, and I love it. It feels great on the road, and was very affordable. Even though I have the 4-cylinder baseline version, I've used this thing for hauling a good amount of stuff, including people that shouldn't have been riding in the back. I do have a few issues with the car, though. The interior materials are a bit cheap. As a result, the seats are a bit uncomfortable and it isn't all that durable. The second issue I have is a big one, writing this review in 2014: repairs are getting to be very expensive for this car. The L-series didn't exactly sell gangbusters, which means parts are getting increasingly hard to find.

Composite body panels Bright, appropriately-placed headlights Smooth suspension

None, really, considering Saturn is dead. I would have liked better interior materials, though.

Feels like I'm driving a ticking time bomb
By sharon246810

2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car at 100,000 miles for $3200. We've put 27k mi on since. We thought we got a great deal until it began to fall apart. We first replaced the tires, the keyless entry remote was broken, we had to replace the battery, and the cd player and radio buttons are broken. Then the car died coming off an exit bc the fuel pump went out and was $600 to replace. Next the A/C stopped working, then the rear brakes went out, then they went out again 4 months later because a caliper locked up. Just recently the dash and headlights started to flicker which we are told is the alternator. Then the engine light came on yesterday and the code said it's the O2 detector. What next?

I do think the exterior of the car is attractive. It's driven mostly by my husband and I think it has a masculine design for being a sedan. The interior feels pretty spacious as well. I do like that the power window controls are next to the gear shift so they're accessible to the driver and passenger.

Car feels very heavy when trying to accelerate or brake - have to keep space in mind for plenty of time to brake even with new brakes. The windshield wipers go from wiping once every 10 seconds or so at the lowest level to the next level being a fast, constant wipe. If it's raining lightly you either can't see or the wipers squeak on the windshield. Very annoying.

The L300 is a great car!
By saturnridder11

2004 Saturn L300 3 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We are now finding out that saturns were built how cars were supposed to be built. Rust proof and durable. I this this model is better than the Aura style. We need saturn Back. them Cheesy commercials were funny but didn't represent the quility of theses cars 20 years later we are finding out that they were better than the rest.

Excellent Car, Very Sporty
By Dennis

2004 Saturn L300 3 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car two years ago. Absolutely the best car I have owned. My wife drove it until about 6 months ago. We bought her a 2009 Saturn Vue. So I chose to keep this L300. Very fun to drive, lots of power and still 26 MPG average. I drive it every day and thoroughly enjoy it. Quick note: Going home one evening at around 60 MPH, a deer runs out and hits the side of my L300. I got stopped to see what the damage was, and there was none. One small scratch where the hoof hit. I had no idea this car had composite panels on the doors. Why don't all vehicles have this. Can't say enough good to describe this car.

I really like the style, not crazy about the grille but, it is what it is. Wheels are very durable and look good. Leather ie great.

Why was GM so stupid to eliminate this line? I own this L300 and the 2009 Vue. They are both absolutely great. Best car buying decisions I have ever made.

Our Cherry Berry saturn
By richard simon

2004 Saturn L300 2 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Saturn August of 2003. I wanted the 4 cylinder to get the Drive chain. The drive belts break,deteriorate too often. I get 22 mpg city & 30 highway, using cruise control. We have 58000 miles on it now. it has had one brake job. Other than that no repairs. It is our second Saturn, the first was a 2000 SL2. We sold it ourselves in 2003 no problems with it either. First looker bought it. Well, I digress. We have been completely satisfied with this car. too bad they stopped building them. Incidentally my daughter-in-law had a 1999 Sl-1 one of the first she drove it for nine years and my son drove it to work for two.

Cruise control, ABS brakes, Automatic transmission, Adjustable steering column and Automatic headlamps.

I would like the automatic headlights on a selector so i can run the motor and listen to the radio with the head lights off.