Used 2004 Saturn L300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
No more Saturns for us!
By nomoresaturns

2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

3rd Saturn.....worse thing we did was get the L series. Glad they wont be making them anymore...Headlights and dashlights dim to the point where people think you are signaling for them to do somethingREAL safe on the highway with the big boys-NOT! The car was taken in to the service dept and we were told that it was INTERMITTENT DIMMING (FLICKERING) OF HEADLAMPS AND/OR INSTRUMENT PANEL LIGHTING-NORMAL CHARACTERISTIC. THIS MAY OCCUR BECAUSE OF TRANSIENT CURRENT LOADS ON THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DURING NORMAL VEHICLE OPERATION per the TSB (technical service bulletin). 4cyl in the L series is weak compared to the SL2. bigger car same eng size

Lemon
By emtstormyff

2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I have an 03 L200. I have had it in the shop every week for 3 months. Have had fixed everything from computers to engine cradle. and at the present moment it is in the shop for fuel pump that has gone bad. Had the Horn replaced 5 times. All Saturn would do is repair the items at there cost due to mileage in the first year. 30K +

Favorite Features

Has a nice look on the outside but the inside for long trips is not comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest to saturn( which i have) to install a wind screen under the front end like most other models have. Durning snow or heavy rain I have lost my horn due to moisture.

This car exemplifies why GM is dying.
By Gen1GT

2004 Saturn L300 3 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is honestly the worst car I've owned since my 86 Chevy Celebrity. Every time I get into the, I'm in a foul mood because of the harsh ride, vague and indirect steering, poor seat support and comfort, high levels of wind and road noise etc etc etc. I have read other reviews on Edmunds of this car, and I'm shocked, and wonder if people are writing about the same car! It gets poor fuel economy, shifts abruptly, has poor suspension dampening, has an interior that looks like it was designed by Play Skool. Panels are broken and worn out, trim has rough, undesirable textures and the fabric is faded from black to grey. It comes down to the fact that this is the worst car I've ever owned.

Favorite Features

Transmission downshifts quickly, corners will little body roll and has decent throttle response. Those are literally the only three things I like about it.

Suggested Improvements

Get a Mazda6, Honda Accord or Toyota Camry, then change all the badges to "Saturn." There is no other way you could improve this rolling disaster of a vehicle.

Feels like I'm driving a ticking time bomb
By sharon246810

2004 Saturn L300 1 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car at 100,000 miles for $3200. We've put 27k mi on since. We thought we got a great deal until it began to fall apart. We first replaced the tires, the keyless entry remote was broken, we had to replace the battery, and the cd player and radio buttons are broken. Then the car died coming off an exit bc the fuel pump went out and was $600 to replace. Next the A/C stopped working, then the rear brakes went out, then they went out again 4 months later because a caliper locked up. Just recently the dash and headlights started to flicker which we are told is the alternator. Then the engine light came on yesterday and the code said it's the O2 detector. What next?

Favorite Features

I do think the exterior of the car is attractive. It's driven mostly by my husband and I think it has a masculine design for being a sedan. The interior feels pretty spacious as well. I do like that the power window controls are next to the gear shift so they're accessible to the driver and passenger.

Suggested Improvements

Car feels very heavy when trying to accelerate or brake - have to keep space in mind for plenty of time to brake even with new brakes. The windshield wipers go from wiping once every 10 seconds or so at the lowest level to the next level being a fast, constant wipe. If it's raining lightly you either can't see or the wipers squeak on the windshield. Very annoying.

Saturn L300 Series
By Owner in Texas

2004 Saturn L300 2 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Sice I bought my vehicle in Oct 2003, it has been in the shop for repairs almost every month, sometimes multiple times in a month, since I got it. Saturn has been trying to fix it, but once they fix one thing, something else comes up wrong with it. I would not recommend this model vehicle from Saturn.