2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
Saturn LW300 vs. Ford Taurus Wagon
By Jared's Dad on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Ford has slightly more power on paper, yet engine is harsher. Saturn has more options for less $$. Ford steering was heavy and vague. Saturn was tight and nimble, at least for a wagon. Both had smooth 4 speed automatic transmissions and 4 wheel disc brakes. Saturn has standard traction control and ABS, optional on Ford. Saturn has standard 4 airbags (front and side curtain). Ford has front 2 standard with side airbags optional. Ford has slightly more interior room, but it shows on the exterior (looks like a bloated whale). Saturn styling, while conservative, is still much sportier (=better) than Ford's.

An offer you cannot refuse
By JTC on 03/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The Saturn LW200 Wagon offers an excellent mix of functionality, performance and value. We went in to take a closer look at the Saturn Vue which appears to be a big hit, but the ZERO PERCENT financing on the L Series was a no brainer. Although the quality is slightly lower than a comparable Passat Wagon (which we also owned), we feel the difference in price and the Saturn buying experience outweighs our initial hesitation to buy an American product. And let's face it, zero interest means none, nada, nothing added to each payment. We love our Saturn!

Excellent Value for the Money
By Bonita on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought our Saturn a year ago, and had moved up from a SW2 Wagon, which served us extremely well. We also very much liked the VW Passat. This car, even fully loaded, was thousands less. As city dwellers, we can't justify spending thousands on a car that will see its share of abuse from tight parking spaces, etc. The car is very well made and handles extremely well. A sport wagon that makes you feel as though you are in a European wagon (you are--it is an Opel Vectra with a Saab engine) costing thousands more.

Best car out there
By a person on 03/12/02 17:47 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

its comfortable and you have a lot of room even if you are a big person

Nice Family Car
By Danf on 03/05/02 19:22 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought an LW300 near the end of the 2001 model year. The complaint that I have was that I'm not sure that the dealer was totally up front about all the cars available and I went ahead and chose a car that was more expensive than I wanted. But I love the car, which is a switch in that most Saturn owners love the dealer and like that car but I think that this car is great and I would recommend it to anyone.

A great midsize wagon, well priced
By hpulley4 on 02/26/02 13:13 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I needed a wagon with a new baby, big enough to haul 4 adults plus baby stuff, affordable and fun to drive. The Saturn LW200 fit the bill perfectly as I didn't need AWD, didn't want a turbo, and required something wider than the compact wagons that are cheaper.