2002 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
Reliable, Practical, Durable & Fun
By Jeff on 05/17/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been extremely reliable and fun to drive for all of the 93K miles. Excellent torque makes it feel very peppy. Very comfortable for front and back seat riders. Huge cargo area has been very much appreciated. Body panels have held up very well and look new to this day. Would definitely buy from Saturn again but will probably keep this car around for safe reliable college student duty.

2002 L100 personal owners review
By 86racer on 04/19/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car a few years ago to replace an older Saturn that finally got to a point it was not worth replacing the transmission. The original 97 Saturn was ready to retire, and was replaced with this one. And it was a very good choice. Right now I have 135k miles on it, and I just replaced the original brake pads/rotors! It has a power steering leak but other than that the car owes us nothing. It has never left us walking, and gets 30+ mpgs. I will definatley buy another Saturn when the time comes

A good basic car
By A good car on 04/08/08 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I enjoyed owning this car. It performed well. A basic car and the anti-lock brakes saved my life once. You can steer even in a skid with these style brakes - so I avoided a collision. It had nice leather seats, and seat warmer that was nice to have in the winter. A good sound system. OK fuel economy. Could be a little quieter. My steering wheel also squeaked a little in turns. Only repairs in 5 years was the ignition key lock went out ~$400 by AAA in house repair. I believe the key repair man messed something up (shorted something- cause the next week I had to have $600 computer brain module replaced. Six months later my daughter totaled the car- but in the accident she was safe

Reliable
By Bruce K. Hoerner on 04/05/08 13:46 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This car has been so reliable in the past 4 years that we have owned it. Everything works fine and I am comfortible in it. The only thing that I have run into is you have to watch the oil level between oil changes. The gas mileage on this car has been great. A 32 plus per gallon average on city and highway combined. I would recommend this car to anyone who would ask.

6 years and no issues!
By It's Been Great!! on 03/23/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 6 years, I have not had any major issues with this car. The car has been great - we intend to keep it until it falls apart. I bought an extended warranty which was used only once - a costly repair to the brake system which would have cost more than the warranty. This is our 2nd Saturn and we would buy another if they got better gas mileage (although when we bought this V6 gas was not $3.50 a gallon).

Looking for something else.
By groingo on 03/14/08 22:01 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car used and did get a copy of its service record and immediately noticed that many things the dealer said they had replaced no 30 days ago had not. The car is in very good shape no thanks to the dealer, has decent interior room and good trunk space but my Cavalier interior is 100% better quality, material fit and finish than the Saturn. The exterior is another area where nothing seems to fit with door gaps of half an inch here and 1/8 the there, just very sloppy. When I jacked the car up to inspect the brakes the chassis flexed so bad none of the doors or hood would open. Long story short, it gets decent mileage, everything works (for now) so for sale it goes. Never again.

My saturn keeps breaking!
By Tdcanales on 02/18/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Problem with my Saturn L-200 series 4- dr sadan is that first the sunroof went out then the mechanism that you put your key into quit turning (which meant I could not turn the key to start it) and you can never keep a comfortable temp when using the heat or air. The way the windows fog up on the outside and theres nothing you can do b/c its on the outside! The right back break light has a short in it not to mention the left tail light seems to need me to hit it a few times for it to come on... I will never buy one again. p.s. ALWAYS ASK FOR A HISTORY REPORT!!! Found out my car had welding damage 2 yrs after I bought it the same dealership would only offer $3,000 when I paid $13,000...

Has been a great vehicle
By Kevin on 02/12/08 11:27 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this LW 300 since it was new. We got all the bells and whistles including the DVD player with premium sound system, leather interior, etc. The car has never left us stranded on the road and runs strong every day. Great interior space and design. Stereo sounds amazing. We have had no problems with this car in the first 60,000+ miles and have no fear that it will let us down anytime soon. Have been running full synthetic oil since the first oil change.

This Is My Last Saturn
By Last Saturn Owner on 08/29/07 07:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn. I had ran up 172,000 miles in my old Saturn SL2 with only about 3 trips to the dealership in 5 years. When I bought the new Saturn, I ended up having to return the car the same day I bought it for new front tires (belt blew). In the first year that I owned the car, $2,000 worth of repairs were put into it. Saturn Customer Service/Corporate was of no help. Second year, I ended up with an after market warranty (pd $1,700 for it) but, another $2,000 worth of repairs in the second year. Now, I am having problems with induction icing that no one can seem to fix (resulting in a stuck accelerator in the winter). Two more payments and the car is history. Never again...

Perfect Sized Wagon
By Wag on 06/01/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has turned out to be a perfect fit, and I don't even know what car would be comparable. There are so few wagons out there and none this roomy. I find my Saturn wagon is roomier than many SUVs. I feel safe in my wagon and it has been very reliable.