2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
poor quality
By unhappysaturnowner on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

We've had two recalls in less than three years, two repairs, including the computer. Saturn was unsympathetic about this last repair, even though it was within the time limit of the warranty, but jsut over the mileage limit. We wouldn't have gone over the mileage limit if we didn't have to take it in so many times for problems! I will never buy another GM, let alone Saturn vehicle.

Love My Saturn
By sophie7393 on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Saturn-- I started with a SL-2 (4-door)-- the LW200 is very roomy and comfortable, it holds a lot of groceries, karate equipment, baseball equipment, and family & friends. This is the first car I have owned that has a remote keyless entry-- I LOVE THAT!!!-- The only thing I would change, if asked, would be for it to have a V-6 3.0 litre engine. Other than that, I wouldn't trade it for the world!!! :-)

Solid Value
By Happy With Saturn on 02/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With nearly 20 months under our belt we are very happy with out LW 300 wagon. The size is perfect for a family of four and there gear. The DVD player and sound system are a big hit with my teenage children. There have been no problems to date and no recalls. We have a BMW X-5 and its on its 5th recall in 2 years. Insurance rates our wonderful on this vehicle. With a 17 year old daughter I'm happy this vehicle is rated with one of the lowest insurance rates avaliable.

Good Value
By Former BMW junkie on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I had purchased only BMW products for the last 18 years up to this Saturn. I would take two Saturns over one BMW (rough price equal)any day. The car is well designed and exteremely functional.

Saturn LW300 - Great Value
By Freddie D on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Saturn is the auto industry best kept secret. They build and sell great quality cars that are well finish and rides well. The biggest assets are: 1) Low maintenance cost 2) High MPG - 26 MPG combined for 6 cyl 3) Dent/ding free... never worry in parking lots 4) Roomy and comfortable seats

Not everything it's cracked up to be
By Blah Blah Car on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

First of all, have your suspension / tires evaluated. There is a TSB that provides for new tires and a shim kit. (My tires were fried at only 19K miles, and the car vibrated at 60 mph.) The gas tank is too small, the traction light comes on whenever it rains. There is a continuous rattle above the driver's side front window. The most obvious deception is that the resale value is horrific. Just for fun, take a look at the trade in value of your car. Can you say bottoms up? This is definitely my last Saturn!

no more boring hondas
By tommyy on 01/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted a car with some personality. Honda, toyota, subaru have become so vanilla. This car has a soul. Makes nice exhaust note, fast, and different. Very solid. Lots of room to haul stuff - and large dog. I get pleanty of looks. Friends and co-workers thought it was volvo or audi. Great buying experience. My car had a discolored door that i noticed after i purchased. The dealer took it back and replaced with another within a few days - no questions asked.

nehl16 saturn review
By nehl16 on 10/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Paying up for the 6 cyl. engine is worth it. This car has pep and is fun to drive.

V-6 Gets Poor Mileage
By MoBill on 10/03/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car when our daughter was born. The car is driven about 130 miles a day in highway driving. It is very nice in handling, luggage capacity, and the heated seats are great. The gas mileage has been poor from the beginning. The car only get's 23-24 mpg on the highway (straight driving at about 60 mph). Saturn confirms these figures, but only gives excuses.Their reasoning is since the on- board computer gives no error codes,everything is fine. With only a 15.9 gallon tank, we fill it up every other day.

1 Year Later, Still Happy
By A-Drive on 07/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought a LW200 June 2001 for my wife and new baby. Over the past year we've put on modest mileage (6500 miles). I too bought the wagon with the 60 month 0.9% interest. Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase. The wagon is very roomy, sporty, and a great value. The 4 cyl engine is very quiet and refined & fine for both city and highway driving. The stock Firestone tires have got to go though. I had a leaky one and took it back to Saturn two months after purchase. Saturn said I hit something, so I had to purchase a new one for $110. Not exactly the Saturn service experience I expected. Tires aside, a great vehicle.