2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
LW300
By pew on 02/07/10 15:23 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 42500 miles. It has plenty of room front, back and with rear seat folded down. Highway driving is very smooth but driving over rough pavement on city streets can be a bit rough. The car has a generous amount of power for a small V-6 and the gas mileage is not bad (24 combined) with easy starts and stops. Definitely a reasonable alternative to a large suv and much more nimble.

not for snowy roads
By Kim on 05/22/09 08:12 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car handles very very very poorly on snow - worst I've ever owned (I've owned 5 other cars). I am looking to replace the car because of this. The front end is light and the traction control comes on when the car is on a slight incline on a wet road or road with a bit of small sandy/pebbley debris. I have never had snow tires (live in NJ) but never had an issue until this car.

Fun Wagon
By sunni on 12/06/08 18:43 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. Bought it in 04 at 27,000 miles, now has 192,000 miles of the roughest kind of roads in the USA. I live on a washboard, potholed road in the Mojave desert, drove the "Palmdale/LA gran pri"! (translate the Angeles forest hwy) to Glendale - what a fun road. My Saturn could beat any car in acceleration except maybe a Porsche - got great gas mileage, made those corners fun at 55 mph(legal speed), all while disguised as an old lady car! Plus lots of room to haul everything - you name it. Hay, chicken coop material, furniture (got a huge massage table and cabinents in this car). Want an RV? My only complaint. Tracer works better for camping in. What else do you need

Reliable, Practical, Durable & Fun
By Jeff on 05/17/08 09:32 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been extremely reliable and fun to drive for all of the 93K miles. Excellent torque makes it feel very peppy. Very comfortable for front and back seat riders. Huge cargo area has been very much appreciated. Body panels have held up very well and look new to this day. Would definitely buy from Saturn again but will probably keep this car around for safe reliable college student duty.

Has been a great vehicle
By Kevin on 02/12/08 11:27 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this LW 300 since it was new. We got all the bells and whistles including the DVD player with premium sound system, leather interior, etc. The car has never left us stranded on the road and runs strong every day. Great interior space and design. Stereo sounds amazing. We have had no problems with this car in the first 60,000+ miles and have no fear that it will let us down anytime soon. Have been running full synthetic oil since the first oil change.

Perfect Sized Wagon
By Wag on 06/01/07 10:57 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has turned out to be a perfect fit, and I don't even know what car would be comparable. There are so few wagons out there and none this roomy. I find my Saturn wagon is roomier than many SUVs. I feel safe in my wagon and it has been very reliable.

Saturn LW200 wagon
By kc12251 on 06/19/06 12:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought used then found out that there were many problems. Within 6 months the timing chain broke. This cause extensive engine damage. Had to put in used engine. NHTSA is doing and investigation into this. The headlights intermittenly flicker at night.

Tough Luck
By maggie on 08/04/05 16:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Beginning shortly after buying the car, I have had thousands of dollars worth of repairs to various parts of the car, especially the cooling system, electrical system, air conditioning, pieces and parts. I spoke to Saturn customer service who told me they don't guarantee anyting after the waranty, and basically tough luck. So back I go to being a Toyota customer

LW200: Solid value
By bir on 04/26/05 12:18 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The LW200 offers a good array of standard features (traction control, side airbags, etc.), good size/interior dimensions, and top-of-its-class fuel economy for a very competitive price. It is not a luxury ride, and its build quality is only fair. But it has provided reliable, economical transportation. Recommended.

Reliability issues make this one to avoid
By JL on 12/12/04 11:32 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

After a long line of Fords, I expected better from this car, but have been disappointed. After 28 months, the following things have broken: key ignition unit, cruise control and recently the catalytic converter, which cost me almost $1,000. None of the above have been covered under warranty. Other minor yet ongoing complaints include a quirky remote alarm, partly broken driver's side power seat, loose front passenger's seat upholstery, and a broken arm rest. Can't wait to trade this one in, and it won't be for another Saturn.