Used 2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn L-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

LW300
By pew

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 42500 miles. It has plenty of room front, back and with rear seat folded down. Highway driving is very smooth but driving over rough pavement on city streets can be a bit rough. The car has a generous amount of power for a small V-6 and the gas mileage is not bad (24 combined) with easy starts and stops. Definitely a reasonable alternative to a large suv and much more nimble.

Favorite Features

heated leather seats, cargo capacity with rear seats folded.

not for snowy roads
By Kim

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

This car handles very very very poorly on snow - worst I've ever owned (I've owned 5 other cars). I am looking to replace the car because of this. The front end is light and the traction control comes on when the car is on a slight incline on a wet road or road with a bit of small sandy/pebbley debris. I have never had snow tires (live in NJ) but never had an issue until this car.

Favorite Features

gas mileage - 30 miles per gallon highway!

Suggested Improvements

more weight upfront and/or only offer this model with a V-6. Of course the car is no longer manufactured so none of this matters.

Fun Wagon
By sunni

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW200 4dr Wagon (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. Bought it in 04 at 27,000 miles, now has 192,000 miles of the roughest kind of roads in the USA. I live on a washboard, potholed road in the Mojave desert, drove the "Palmdale/LA gran pri"! (translate the Angeles forest hwy) to Glendale - what a fun road. My Saturn could beat any car in acceleration except maybe a Porsche - got great gas mileage, made those corners fun at 55 mph(legal speed), all while disguised as an old lady car! Plus lots of room to haul everything - you name it. Hay, chicken coop material, furniture (got a huge massage table and cabinents in this car). Want an RV? My only complaint. Tracer works better for camping in. What else do you need

Favorite Features

Great acceleration and cornering, large, and reasonable mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Need to manufacture this car again! At 192,000 miles I need a new one. Also only drawback - multiple problems with the AC - had to buy a whole new one. (They tell me I hit a rock on my road) Well, build the AC higher in the car!

Reliable, Practical, Durable & Fun
By Jeff

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been extremely reliable and fun to drive for all of the 93K miles. Excellent torque makes it feel very peppy. Very comfortable for front and back seat riders. Huge cargo area has been very much appreciated. Body panels have held up very well and look new to this day. Would definitely buy from Saturn again but will probably keep this car around for safe reliable college student duty.

Favorite Features

Great sound system, cruise control, comfortable leather seating. Very practical roof rack. Easy to fold down seating to extend cargo area.

Has been a great vehicle
By Kevin

2002 Saturn L-Series Wagon LW300 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this LW 300 since it was new. We got all the bells and whistles including the DVD player with premium sound system, leather interior, etc. The car has never left us stranded on the road and runs strong every day. Great interior space and design. Stereo sounds amazing. We have had no problems with this car in the first 60,000+ miles and have no fear that it will let us down anytime soon. Have been running full synthetic oil since the first oil change.

Favorite Features

Great power and economy out of the V-6 engine. Kids love the DVD player, as it also works to plug game systems in for those long drives. Great looking wheels. Interior looks as good now as it did when new.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the "vent" feature of the climate control system. Unless we run AC, the air in the "vent" setting is never cool, even when the day is cool. Must run through a warm area of the engine compartment. Not a big complaint, but it was all I could think to suggest.