2002 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
My first car, everything & then some.
By jamesghee on 02/16/13 10:39 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '02 Saturn L300 was my first car. I didn't know much about cars, but I would soon learn. It being 10 years old (Got it in 2012), it obviously needed some work done. The 3.0L V6 provided excellent pick up on demand, and gas mileage was pretty decent. The leather seats were in great condition, and the interior design was pretty decent for a 10 year old car. I'm about 6'0 ft tall, and cabinet room was excellent. The car has great visibility, and drivability is through the roof. I would definitely buy this car again.

LOVE my L300 and would buy another one of equal quality if I could.
By leslie26 on 04/24/11 10:47 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 L300 new from a Saturn dealer in 2001. Just turned 200,000 miles and still going very Strong! It hardly burns any oil at all. I'll be so sad to see this car go (when the time comes). There was an issue with a fuel sensor which occurred after Saturn was shut down and it took about 5 months to get the part that I needed. This was the only Major issue that I've had with the car. Based on other reviews, it looks like I got pretty lucky with my L300. I did follow the maintenance schedule so I have to think that helped a bit in getting the car to over 200,000 miles. I'll keep driving it until it dies.

Very solid
By Krel on 06/18/09 13:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

With the V6 it is definitely fun to drive, which has an impact on the fuel mileage . . . This is my 2nd Saturn and I really like the way the driver's controls are arranged. Have put over 100k miles on it in 4 years and now has over 175k miles on it. Starting to see some maintenance issues with parts failing, but the major systems such as tranny, engine, etc are still doing fine. Annoying problem with the AC leaking into the driver's compartment, and the soft rotors have warped somewhat and essentially need replaced each time the brakes are replaced.

Never Again
By jcollins on 01/20/09 17:25 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I swear by Hondas, but when we got married my wife had a 2002 Saturn L200. So, let's itemize repairs in the last year: 83k - body control module fails. $500 at the Saturn dealer. 85k - catalytic Converter clogs and fails. Dealer wants $1500 to replace. I did it myself for $400 in parts. 88k - brake master cylinder goes, this would probably be $250 job at the mechanic, but I did the it for $100 in parts. 94k - The timing chain stretched and jumped time, smashed valves and ruined the engine. I got a used engine and upgraded timing kit for $900 plus $600 in labor for a mechanic friend to drop it in. For reference, at a dealer a new engine is $3800 plus about $1600 in labor.

I miss my L300!
By Cara on 07/15/08 23:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I just traded my 2002 L300 in yesterday at 135K miles, but I felt so sad driving away from it because it truly was a great car. I bought it used about four years ago and have put over 100K miles on it in all my commuting. The car was excellent in rain, snow, wind, and on the freeway, and all the comfortable amenities such as the sunroof, great stereo, leather heated seats, etc., will be greatly missed. It started needing significant repairs fairly regularly around 115K miles and I finally decided to cut my losses and get a new vehicle. I have a little remorse now!

My 3rd car from Saturn...not my last.
By 3rdSaturn on 07/07/08 05:20 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Saturn and I can only say that this car has been the most reliable car I have ever owned. I only use it every few months, but it never fails to start even when the temps were down around -15.

6 years and no issues!
By It's Been Great!! on 03/23/08 04:54 AM (PDT)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 6 years, I have not had any major issues with this car. The car has been great - we intend to keep it until it falls apart. I bought an extended warranty which was used only once - a costly repair to the brake system which would have cost more than the warranty. This is our 2nd Saturn and we would buy another if they got better gas mileage (although when we bought this V6 gas was not $3.50 a gallon).

Great car
By chuck on 02/06/06 23:28 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the car new and have been very happy with it. I drive for a living and find the car a real pleasure. Climate control is kind of stupid with the automatic temp. control. Had a little problem with dripping coolant, but was taken care of by dealer. Handles nice and is very comfortable and I am 6' and 230 lbs. Holds 4 adult and the truck is roomy. Seems to have a little to much road noise, but much better then my Chrysler. Engine is spunky and rides nice on the high way. Hard to see out of back window with the spoiler. Would buy again and again. Compares very well to my Camry.

Absolutely an amazing vehicle
By Andre on 01/29/06 03:38 AM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Owned a Saturn L100 SE since 2002 and put 115,000 miles on it. Not a single major repair in 4 years other than tires replaced once at 60,000 miles. The L100 is so amazing that recently shopping for another car the decision was a no brainer. Bought a used 2002 L300 with 36,000 miles for $11,800 out the door with all fees. The L300 is almost exactly like our beloved L100 with the exception of the V6 engine and more upgrades and options. This line of cars cannot be beat (price/performance). We drove some old model BMWs (1998) while car shopping and my wife swears that her used L300 feels on par with the BMWs that we drove. Now we own an L100 and a L300 and both are outstanding vehicles.

Good Used Car
By Todd on 12/24/05 15:28 PM (PST)

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car this summer with 46k miles on it and an extended warrabty. This is our 2nd Saturn (1st one was a 1994 SL1 - purchased new). Am very happy with the car, though I am not sure I would have paid $21k for it brand new. Very comfortable, smooth ride, good engine. As always, service at Saturn has been excellent.