Used 2002 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

2002 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Best used car on the market
By Matt C.

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine a little under a year ago - and it's been my favorite "second car" ever. It's fast as heck with the V6, and it handles/holds the road great.
Steering is also crisp. I put some bigger wheels and tires (17") on it, and it looks much better also. The interior is well laid out as well. It's clearly a European-
influenced design inside, with funky controls for the fan, the power windows - it handles like many European cars I've owned (mostly VW) very crisp, with a very tight turning radius. It's actually become my preferred car to drive for fun now. I just wish there was some sort of enthusiast community for it, and a little more
pizzazz in the design. Oh well...you can't have everything, but dollar-for-used-car dollar, there's not a much better car out there than an L300.

Saturn l300
By Jordan

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Good car but Thermostat stinks to replace

Love this car but would not by another
By Brent Barlow

2002 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car love it to death ride is smooth as long as you have good tiers on it and it handles really well for what it is. it is not a race car it is not fast ( I love fast fun cars to drive ) but it is smooth and with 150000 mi on it it runs great as for why I would not get another. I like a car with more power but like I said it handles well and is a really fun car to drive for that reason. the inside of the car is comfortable and I am 6.4 and there is enough room for me the sound system with the car sucks so I replaced but if you are looking for a first car or a low cost reliable car this is a good choice

My 2nd review/entry - this may very well be the best car ever!
By leslie26

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

See prior review that I posted, but the 2002 L300 is still going strong at 270,000 miles (original engine/transmission)!!! I bought the car in October 2001 (when my son was just 5 years old), and now my son is driving the car. :)
We just bought a 1999 SC1 for our daughter who will need a car soon. Only 67,000 original miles. Hope we have as much luck with that Saturn.
The 2002 L300 is the best car I've ever owned, and we certainly got our money out of it!

My first car, everything & then some.
By jamesghee

2002 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The '02 Saturn L300 was my first car. I didn't know much about cars, but I would soon learn. It being 10 years old (Got it in 2012), it obviously needed some work done. The 3.0L V6 provided excellent pick up on demand, and gas mileage was pretty decent. The leather seats were in great condition, and the interior design was pretty decent for a 10 year old car. I'm about 6'0 ft tall, and cabinet room was excellent. The car has great visibility, and drivability is through the roof. I would definitely buy this car again.

-3.0L V6 -Heated Leather seats (Driver, Front passenger) -Excellent Visibility -Minimal Torque Steer (For a 10yr old car) -Body Design -Basic, yet functional odometer meters -Perfect body length for a mid-size sedan -Color Combination (Silver Exterior, Black Interior)

-Noise cancellation technologies (Road noise, etc.) -More reliable and stable struts, suspension components, etc. -More soft touch features (No leather wrapped steering wheel, gear shifter, dashboard, etc.)