2001 Saturn L-Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
Worst Car I ever had
By Anna on 05/05/09 08:43 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series Sedan L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Let's see, whirling noise they can't find the source, speedometer issues, center arm rest top broken, radio and speaker dies and this is all within the 1st 2 years. Everyone I know that has this car has the same issues. We bought this car at the end of the lease and that was a bad decision. We should have given it back. I say get rid of it just like the other reviewer suggest.

3 years of good driving!
By Leaf on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series Sedan L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've leased my LS for 3 years and found it an excellent car. Plush upholsterystill looks like new, despite hard use-kids, dogs, camping. Comfortable ride that lets you feel the road without being jarred. Brakes (not ABS) never let me down. Standard issue CD/radio/ cassette sound system outstanding! And the paint job looks like new, too, with nothing but a car wash now and then. Handles great in all weather. Wish the reviewers and "experts " would quit picking on a great company!

love it so far
By punkmom on 10/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series Sedan L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a Blazer for 11 yrs., so was wary about buying a car. The V6 has plenty of punch so it's been fun to drive on the country roads. I've never gotten a speeding ticket 'til this yr...My test for usable interior space was if I could get a Xmas tree into it. No problem. Also crammed in a 27" tv! Had a coolant leak that, hopefully, is fixed after the second try. Other than that, no problems in a year and a half.

Lots of Goodies for the money
By Mastiff1 on 09/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series Sedan L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Over all I am very happy with my l100. I had an l200 as a rental car for 2 weeks and loved it. My wife and I went with the 100 Special edition. It gave all the goodies of the l200 minus power windows, rear disc brakes and height adjusting driver seat for $2000+ less. It also included mags and a rear wing.. big plus for me. Saturn needs to improve the quality of the seat fabric.... bit on the cheesey side, and i dont know how long it will hold up. The sales experience was awesome. No compalints about the sales team. Friendly from start to finish. Ive been spoiled by it, and would buy from Saturn again because of it.