Used 2001 Saturn L-Series L300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn L-series - Consumer Reviews

2001 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Bad car
By thefame

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My mom gave me her Saturn L. It the worst car ever. Ever time there was at less 2in of show the car would get stuck and you had to PUSH it or you didn't go no where for the day. My step dad is looking for a car for me because I drive so fair for college and work. The shocks are falling a prat. When you hit the right bump you can here the shock shack. It is the worst can i ever had. A deer cam out and i was going 2 MPH and the deer hit his head on the driver side of the car. The front driver side had to get replace. If i was to get hit i would be dead. This is not a good car. I'm happy that they stop making them.

I will never own another Saturn
By planetside

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with only 42,000 miles on it. It now has 165,000 miles and has given me nothing but problems since it hit 100,000. Replaced the heater core twice, water pump twice, oil filter, hoses, gas gauge doesn't work right now, and I've replaced multiple spark plugs. I had a Nissan before and it never had any problems at all besides basic maintenance and it had over 250,000 miles on it!!

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

Everything. Specifically, the engine quality and quality of interior/exterior pieces. They are cheap and have broken in various places. Sun roof guard broke and snapped in half while I was driving.

All Things Considered
By adam717

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my L300 2+ years ago. It was well used, but in incredible shape for its age. This car has HUGE get up and go! Considering I have over 130,000 miles on it, it's just starting to show its age. In the last year I have had to replace the MAF, timing belt/chain, and now I have a blown head gasket and the a/c is bad. Folks, I've seen a lot of people write ugly stuff. You've had a bad experience, sure. But keep in mind you had only one car for your one experience. I have had three Saturns and loved every one. Nothing is wrong with mine that 10 years and 130,000 miles doesn't explain. It's nothing more than normal wear and tear. You folks slay me... ever heard of the Lemon Law??

Favorite Features

Saab's V6 engine! It just howls to be driven.

Suggested Improvements

Since not only the L300 is long gone, but so seem the brand will be too, I have no suggestions other than to say that seat comfort would have been nicer... the cloth seats are far more comfy than my leather. The quality of the leather was pretty bad too.

I love this car!
By Cat

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved this car from the moment I bought it! It had a very comfortable feel. Great performance. No major issues in the 9 years I've owned it. I would drive this car until it dies, were it not for the fact new Saturns would not be available when it came time to replace it, so I am hesitantly trading it in for a new Aura. I hope my great Saturn experience continues for years to come.

Favorite Features

Attractive exterior. Comfortable leather interior. Heated seats. Spacious trunk. Responsive. Reliable. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

Mistake
By jjavim

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car thinking it was great. It was for about 1 yr then perpetual coolant leaks, alignment problems, electrical problems, never ending sensor problems, low mpg, hard to find parts, and expensive parts became the too often crisis. I love the feel and drive but trying to keep up with the mechanic's bill is too much to bear. My Toyota has never had a problem and is only a year newer. Beware of this model if you are not a mechanic or on a tight budget. I was going to give it to my daughter for school but I don't think we could afford it. Won't even qualify for Cash for Clunkers. I would have to give them money to take it.

Favorite Features

heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

put windows switches on doors where they belong.