2001 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
Bad car
By thefame on 11/17/11 10:08 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My mom gave me her Saturn L. It the worst car ever. Ever time there was at less 2in of show the car would get stuck and you had to PUSH it or you didn't go no where for the day. My step dad is looking for a car for me because I drive so fair for college and work. The shocks are falling a prat. When you hit the right bump you can here the shock shack. It is the worst can i ever had. A deer cam out and i was going 2 MPH and the deer hit his head on the driver side of the car. The front driver side had to get replace. If i was to get hit i would be dead. This is not a good car. I'm happy that they stop making them.

I will never own another Saturn
By planetside on 07/01/11 16:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2004 with only 42,000 miles on it. It now has 165,000 miles and has given me nothing but problems since it hit 100,000. Replaced the heater core twice, water pump twice, oil filter, hoses, gas gauge doesn't work right now, and I've replaced multiple spark plugs. I had a Nissan before and it never had any problems at all besides basic maintenance and it had over 250,000 miles on it!!

All Things Considered
By adam717 on 03/08/10 04:44 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my L300 2+ years ago. It was well used, but in incredible shape for its age. This car has HUGE get up and go! Considering I have over 130,000 miles on it, it's just starting to show its age. In the last year I have had to replace the MAF, timing belt/chain, and now I have a blown head gasket and the a/c is bad. Folks, I've seen a lot of people write ugly stuff. You've had a bad experience, sure. But keep in mind you had only one car for your one experience. I have had three Saturns and loved every one. Nothing is wrong with mine that 10 years and 130,000 miles doesn't explain. It's nothing more than normal wear and tear. You folks slay me... ever heard of the Lemon Law??

I love this car!
By Cat on 11/21/09 13:26 PM (PST)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved this car from the moment I bought it! It had a very comfortable feel. Great performance. No major issues in the 9 years I've owned it. I would drive this car until it dies, were it not for the fact new Saturns would not be available when it came time to replace it, so I am hesitantly trading it in for a new Aura. I hope my great Saturn experience continues for years to come.

Mistake
By jjavim on 08/05/09 15:27 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car thinking it was great. It was for about 1 yr then perpetual coolant leaks, alignment problems, electrical problems, never ending sensor problems, low mpg, hard to find parts, and expensive parts became the too often crisis. I love the feel and drive but trying to keep up with the mechanic's bill is too much to bear. My Toyota has never had a problem and is only a year newer. Beware of this model if you are not a mechanic or on a tight budget. I was going to give it to my daughter for school but I don't think we could afford it. Won't even qualify for Cash for Clunkers. I would have to give them money to take it.

happy
By general on 07/03/09 09:33 AM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

very nice car. Lots of features for little money. i Drive 100+ miles a day, even the week there was a foot of snow on the roads (without chains). At 130k miles have not had a problem yet and i drive it hard. While my SL2 was a little more comfortable the L300 offers alot more room. The 3 liter V6 comes in handy when dealing with freeway traffic. reviews for this car seem very polar but i have loved mine since i test drove it. Take offs can be "sluggish" but in more then one moment of weakness i have raced smaller cars and once moving the L300 will get 100+mph in no time flat. I will drive this car until the wheels fall off.

ambivalent on this car...
By brandon on 04/05/09 13:56 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my little SL2 in for my "new" L300 and boy, I felt like I hit a hot deal. Leather seats, V6, and all the amentities you can ask for, with a low tag price. After reading all the reviews on the V6 model, the reason why the price on these models are so cheap is because they have horrible reliability issues. What kind of car needs the BCM computer changed out at 36,000 miles? That's what happened to me only 3 days after i purchased it used when i discovered the wrench light go off. The service engine light will drive you crazy, blinking! SO far, after only half a year of ownership, it has had the BCM replaced (600$) and the MAF sensor replaced (400$). Stay far away from this model.

In Love with Saturn
By Audrey W on 01/22/06 09:59 AM (PST)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Completely solid, reliable ride. Holds the road, regardless of weather or road conditions. Significant reduction of road noise, coupled with an excellent sound system, makes every trip a joy. The engine stays remarkably warm in cold weather so that the heat comes on immediately when you return to the car after having a leisurely dinner. Have experienced no problems or major repair since I purchased the car. This is my second Saturn, and will not be my last!

Save your money
By Piece of Junk on 07/21/05 20:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my Saturn new. Within 3 months it had coolant leaks. On my 5th set of tires at 64K, 1st set at 15K, and I called Saturn to complain about the tire situation while still in warranty and they didn't seem to want to help me. All the door locks, window controls, cruise control, power mirrors and heater needed replacing. The A/C does not work. It seems like there is always something going wrong with the car. It's a piece of junk and I regret ever purchasing it.

What a piece of junk
By lemonowner on 06/22/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I thought I did my research on the Saturn L300. It seemed like a great car for the money and ranked near the top with the Toyota's and Honda's. I was wrong! At 70,000 miles the car is ready for the junkyard. Within the first 3 months of owning the car it was in the shop twice for coolant leaks. At 20,000 miles replaced the first set of tires (I'm on the 3rd brand new set now). The wiring harness burnt up, A/C problems, oil leak, power steering fluid leak and the water pump replaced at 62,000 miles. What a lemon and very disappointing.