Used 2001 Saturn L-Series L100 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn L-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Worst Car I ever had
By Anna

2001 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Let's see, whirling noise they can't find the source, speedometer issues, center arm rest top broken, radio and speaker dies and this is all within the 1st 2 years. Everyone I know that has this car has the same issues. We bought this car at the end of the lease and that was a bad decision. We should have given it back. I say get rid of it just like the other reviewer suggest.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

give customers a refund

3 years of good driving!
By Leaf

2001 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I've leased my LS for 3 years and found it an excellent car. Plush upholsterystill looks like new, despite hard use-kids, dogs, camping. Comfortable ride that lets you feel the road without being jarred. Brakes (not ABS) never let me down. Standard issue CD/radio/ cassette sound system outstanding! And the paint job looks like new, too, with nothing but a car wash now and then. Handles great in all weather. Wish the reviewers and "experts " would quit picking on a great company!

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride, great upholstery, excellent sound system, reliability. Customer service can't be beat! My Saturn dealers and service techs have been very nice to deal with.

Suggested Improvements

Better attention to small cosmetic details, like the cheap door handles and awkward glove box configuration.

love it so far
By punkmom

2001 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I drove a Blazer for 11 yrs., so was wary about buying a car. The V6 has plenty of punch so it's been fun to drive on the country roads. I've never gotten a speeding ticket 'til this yr...My test for usable interior space was if I could get a Xmas tree into it. No problem. Also crammed in a 27" tv! Had a coolant leak that, hopefully, is fixed after the second try. Other than that, no problems in a year and a half.

Favorite Features

Buying and service experience with the dealer. Feels like I got a lot for my money. Is comfy on long drives and great in traffic. And corners like crazy on the back roads when I feel like airing it out! Lots of trunk room.

Suggested Improvements

Put the window switches on the doors. Better lumbar support on the driver's seat and better seat fabric. A wiper on the back window. A better choice of interior colors. Fog lights don't help much.

Lots of Goodies for the money
By Mastiff1

2001 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Over all I am very happy with my l100. I had an l200 as a rental car for 2 weeks and loved it. My wife and I went with the 100 Special edition. It gave all the goodies of the l200 minus power windows, rear disc brakes and height adjusting driver seat for $2000+ less. It also included mags and a rear wing.. big plus for me. Saturn needs to improve the quality of the seat fabric.... bit on the cheesey side, and i dont know how long it will hold up. The sales experience was awesome. No compalints about the sales team. Friendly from start to finish. Ive been spoiled by it, and would buy from Saturn again because of it.

Favorite Features

Abs w/traction control Side curtain Airbags Excellent sales experience

Suggested Improvements

Front brakes need improvement - too much dust. Interior seat fabric - very cheesey.