Used 2001 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Saturn L-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Most Helpful|
295k miles and still going
By her_shey

2001 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my Saturn L-Series with 63K back in 2007. She has been altered exterior with window tint, nice stereo and sound speakers/woofer and amp…which was installed in 2007 as well, and she still boomin'. Drives great, good on gas. All I replaced was the fuel pump, starter, tires & battery of course. She has 295k miles, and I really feel she will hit 300k. We just made sure the oil was changed, use synthetic oil 5/30, with good driving habits. You know I was just rear ended a few days ago, and she didn't budge…that bumper does wonders!! Still in tacked. We used interior parts from the salvage yard to make the inside look like new.

Favorite Features

moon and sunroof and handling, cheap maintenance and easy to change and repair. However I heard transmission is nothin to play with on this model. Knock on wood, we don't have to worry about it. Easy to change fluids and gas mileage when you use top tier fuel. Keep fuel injectors clean.

Suggested Improvements

extra dark tint made the car look even better. I got pulled over only once since 2007. Use salvage yard parts to replace interior parts..its worth it and its cheap.

New Used Car
By jreb78

2001 Saturn L-Series L200 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Inherited car from my nephew with 118,000 miles. Already has a new engine and catalytic converter. Already having trouble removing key from ignition. Wondering if car isn't a lemon, but it's better than not having any transportation in spite of the inconvenience of having to disconnect the negative battery cable every time I par the car. I can't believe this car has had so many problems thus far. Had a 1984 Blazer with almost 300,000 miles before it was totaled in 2000 because of an idiot driver who stopped on the freeway in traffic to answer her cellphone.

Favorite Features

I'm still trying to get accustomed to the window controls being on the center column instead of on the door panels. I always get the cast offs, but so far it's the nicest even though I've only had it two weeks and I already need to make repairs. The seats are nice, the interior is mainly intact, and it has a CD player.

Suggested Improvements

A car should not need this many repairs in such a short period of time. The manufacturers should also go back to motor mounted fuel pumps that aren't made of plastic and electronics that cost over $300 and are located in the gas tank. Especially now when we're in a recession and real people can't afford such expensive repairs.

Bad car
By thefame

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My mom gave me her Saturn L. It the worst car ever. Ever time there was at less 2in of show the car would get stuck and you had to PUSH it or you didn't go no where for the day. My step dad is looking for a car for me because I drive so fair for college and work. The shocks are falling a prat. When you hit the right bump you can here the shock shack. It is the worst can i ever had. A deer cam out and i was going 2 MPH and the deer hit his head on the driver side of the car. The front driver side had to get replace. If i was to get hit i would be dead. This is not a good car. I'm happy that they stop making them.

Worst Car I ever had
By Anna

2001 Saturn L-Series L100 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Let's see, whirling noise they can't find the source, speedometer issues, center arm rest top broken, radio and speaker dies and this is all within the 1st 2 years. Everyone I know that has this car has the same issues. We bought this car at the end of the lease and that was a bad decision. We should have given it back. I say get rid of it just like the other reviewer suggest.

Favorite Features

nothing

Suggested Improvements

give customers a refund

misleading quality advertising
By dugsbunny

2001 Saturn L-Series L300 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Buy a honda, toyota, or any import if you want a quality mid-size car.

Favorite Features

size of the trunk

Suggested Improvements

improve quality and design