Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Worst Vehicle Ever!
By Raven

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

Along with multiple electrical problems, ignition problems, severe vibration, bad power window switch (expensive for plastic) and a rusted out front frame, now the timing chain is going. I knew I didn't want to buy it, now I know why. I've had it less than a year and will be lucky if I can give it away! My Chevy gives me fewer problems at 172k...The Saturn only has 121k It's cramped, sets way too low, placement of cup holders makes access hard. This thing is just an all around lemon. My plymouth breeze was better, and it wasn't a very good car, either.

none

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all! Not everyone can afford to keep repairing junk.

Junk
By meagan

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had it for a little over two years before it died. First it was little things (that were costly to fix) went down the tubes on this car. Started out with the automatic shut off on the turn signal breaking, turns out you have to get a whole new steering column. Three of the four speakers blew and the tape deck quit working. Then the power locks went on the fritz. Next it was the odometer that went (no exact mileage makes it hard to sell). Then the blinkers quit working. Finally the engine blew. There were other things that went wrong under the hood also. I am willing to bet that I stuck more into the car than i did buying it.

I did like the large trunk and the various other storage compartments in the car

Wipe the slate clean and start over

Run from this car
By rich

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This 2000 LS Saturn has serious problems with the timing chain. Run as fast as you can from this car. Because of Saturns zero tolerance engine, once the timing chain breaks - and it will, be prepared to spend at least $4,000. Saturn will NOT help with repairs. Please read the recall investigations about this car. Only recommend this car to your worst enemy.

Sun roof

Step up to the plate and take responsibility for the timing chain failure.

Good, solid wagon
By 54x12

2000 Saturn L-Series LW2 4dr Wagon

We were looking a functional, reliable wagon and Saturn gave us one. The car has worked well for us over the last 115,000 miles and has required about $1,500 of unschedule repairs over the last 50,000 miles. For the last four years the car has been used to assist in various household projects that other folks would use their F150 truck for: hauling flagstone, sand, crushed rock, sheetrock and plywood. It has given us no problems at all. We driven it on trips to northern Quebec with mountain bikes on the roof and it runs great at highway speeds with enough power to pass on hills. It corners very well for a wagon and the paint after eight years still looks fine.

Cargo capacity of the wagon, responsive engine, handles well at speed

Front seat comfort and seat back adjustment

Joke of a car
By rich

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

Having owned this vechicle for over 8 years, I can say I've not experienced any major problems. This is because there are only 52,000 miles driven. This car has to have the worst resale value. Any repairs almost have to be done at the dealer. Part stores do not carry anything. Dealer repairs are too high priced. Saturn wanted to charge me $32 to change a 3rd brake light bulb. It cost $7 just for the bulb at the dealer. I bought 1 bulb & changed it myself in 1 minute. Saturn has a serious problem with the timing chain & zero tolerance on their engine. Do a little internet research & you will see that Saturn has a major problem on their hands that they are trying their best to avoid.

Dent free panels

Fix the timing chains on these vechicles.