Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Beware: get a Honda
By Avoid Saturn

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I spent over $10,000.00 in repair on my 2000 LS2 from March 2000 to October 2009. the engine and transmission are adequate but this car nickel and dimed me to death on sensors, steering, leaky battery, car doors that wont lock, catalytic converters. My car is worth 2000 but will cost 3200 to repair. Wont pass smog, second catalytic converter, so its gone. Should have bought the Accord I compared it against. Only buy this card if you want to get to know your mechanic better. Good riddance Saturn

Speed and power

Small gas tank, Cheap interior. Bad product

Got a good one
By twinmom

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

I bought my 2000LW1 in Feb of 2004 it had 20,000 miles. I worked as a courier for a living and drove the car about 300 miles a day, 5 days a week in all weather conditions. This car has 321,000 miles on it!! The only thing that stopped it was hitting a deer last May, which totaled the car. It was all body damage so I just had the motor put in a LS1. After sitting for a year it fired right up and is still running strong. The only things I had to do to the car (before the deer) was oil changes, tires, and at 320,000 had to replace the fuel pump. This was a wonderful car, great gas mileage and fun to drive. I would buy another one for sure. Have to see how many miles the first engine will go.

sporty and fun to drive

It's been a great car for me
By ck

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

With all of the negative reviews, I had to chime in. I bought this car new in 2000 and have yet to spend any money on repairs. The only scheduled maint. done has been regular oil changes. Brakes and tires have been replaced as needed. The clutch was replaced at 17,000 and 36,000 under warranty. It has run like a dream ever since, and I have over 176,000 miles on it now. I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car!

Reliable, good fuel efficiency, nice look for the money

None. I've been been very happy with the quality!

Worst Vehicle Ever!
By Raven

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

Along with multiple electrical problems, ignition problems, severe vibration, bad power window switch (expensive for plastic) and a rusted out front frame, now the timing chain is going. I knew I didn't want to buy it, now I know why. I've had it less than a year and will be lucky if I can give it away! My Chevy gives me fewer problems at 172k...The Saturn only has 121k It's cramped, sets way too low, placement of cup holders makes access hard. This thing is just an all around lemon. My plymouth breeze was better, and it wasn't a very good car, either.

none

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all! Not everyone can afford to keep repairing junk.

Junk
By meagan

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had it for a little over two years before it died. First it was little things (that were costly to fix) went down the tubes on this car. Started out with the automatic shut off on the turn signal breaking, turns out you have to get a whole new steering column. Three of the four speakers blew and the tape deck quit working. Then the power locks went on the fritz. Next it was the odometer that went (no exact mileage makes it hard to sell). Then the blinkers quit working. Finally the engine blew. There were other things that went wrong under the hood also. I am willing to bet that I stuck more into the car than i did buying it.

I did like the large trunk and the various other storage compartments in the car

Wipe the slate clean and start over