Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

car keeps on going
By andy weber

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles on it from an auto repair shop. I have put an additional 75000 miles on the car with no major problems. In fact just wear and tear on the car.(brakes and hoses) Hey, the car is pushing 185000 miles. The main issue with the car is my AC. The unit needs to be rplaced. The heat works great but it does not pay to fix the ac. (Way to expensive.) My saturn is a work horse and I'am proud of the way the car has performed

The heat in the car is fantastic. Its been very cold in NY but the saturn has kept me warm and still drives great

The door locks never reaaly worked well

overall...it's a piece...of....junk
By loyd

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

After driving the car after a few months of purchase... The clutch went on the car... Costing me over $1000 to get fixed... After I got that fixed... The timing chain went which I have read has been the main problem in this year and model... And I had to get a new engine for it because it tore up the pistons and heads in the engine... In appearance inside and out, it's a Nice looking car... But with everything that I've had to put into it in the past year... It has been very frustrating... I would say to try and look for one with one that has decent mileage on it... As for me... I will never buy a Saturn again.

standard...sun/moonroof...

timing chain...

Beware: get a Honda
By Avoid Saturn

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I spent over $10,000.00 in repair on my 2000 LS2 from March 2000 to October 2009. the engine and transmission are adequate but this car nickel and dimed me to death on sensors, steering, leaky battery, car doors that wont lock, catalytic converters. My car is worth 2000 but will cost 3200 to repair. Wont pass smog, second catalytic converter, so its gone. Should have bought the Accord I compared it against. Only buy this card if you want to get to know your mechanic better. Good riddance Saturn

Speed and power

Small gas tank, Cheap interior. Bad product

Got a good one
By twinmom

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

I bought my 2000LW1 in Feb of 2004 it had 20,000 miles. I worked as a courier for a living and drove the car about 300 miles a day, 5 days a week in all weather conditions. This car has 321,000 miles on it!! The only thing that stopped it was hitting a deer last May, which totaled the car. It was all body damage so I just had the motor put in a LS1. After sitting for a year it fired right up and is still running strong. The only things I had to do to the car (before the deer) was oil changes, tires, and at 320,000 had to replace the fuel pump. This was a wonderful car, great gas mileage and fun to drive. I would buy another one for sure. Have to see how many miles the first engine will go.

sporty and fun to drive

It's been a great car for me
By ck

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

With all of the negative reviews, I had to chime in. I bought this car new in 2000 and have yet to spend any money on repairs. The only scheduled maint. done has been regular oil changes. Brakes and tires have been replaced as needed. The clutch was replaced at 17,000 and 36,000 under warranty. It has run like a dream ever since, and I have over 176,000 miles on it now. I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car!

Reliable, good fuel efficiency, nice look for the money

None. I've been been very happy with the quality!