Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

It's been good to us.
By Wm/Sharon McDaniel

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car and she is 100% satisfied with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the liner under the hood about four months ago. Of course it has been tuned up, had tires and battery replaced and one taillight last year. Everything still works fine including the sound system, air conditioner and power windows. It has always been serviced by the dealer. It has always been garaged and it still looks new.

The sound system is great and the sun roof is nice. Oh yeah it gets great gas mileage too. ( 26-32)

My wife says its fine just the way it is.

"Satan" not "Saturn"!
By Joelle

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

From the moment the keys hit my palm, you name it, it broke! Timing chain, sway bars, ball joints, horn, power locks, steering column, brake line, engine cradle, air condition, blower motor, horn, seat belt latch on driver side, control button for power window and speakers died. I kid you not, this car ruined 5 yrs of my life! I finally got rear ended and the car was totaled! I was injured but happy to know that I would never have to see that hunk of junk again! Buyers beware!

Saturn parts
By Ana Cecilia Ananos

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

Any repairs have to be done at the dealer and its prices are very high. For example , Saturn wanted to charge me $170 + taxes to change my two brake lamp bulb sockets. It cost $44.04 for both sockets and my friend changed them for me in less than 1 minute. This is my first car and I will not buy another Saturn in my life.

Seats

Awesome!
By suzzette

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in April of 2008 for 3,000. As a single parent, I needed the most for my buck and that is what I have had. My car currently has 248,00 miles on it. It has never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance and my brother has been able to do that...brakes, change the oil and tires. There is absolutely no reason why this car should be running. I did not have the money so the oil was not changed regularly. Since purchasing this car, I have made many trips across NY state. I am currently looking for another car not because this one is not dependable but because the engine light came on. I am so hesitant to purchase another car, this car has been amazing!

This car has power probably too much since I have a lead foot. I use to live on the east side of NY state and this car could climb any hill without any hesitation. It has only been in the last 10,000 miles that she started to hesitate.

The material on ceiling is beginning to fall. The seats will no longer move but what more do you want the car has almost 250,000 miles on it.

car keeps on going
By andy weber

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles on it from an auto repair shop. I have put an additional 75000 miles on the car with no major problems. In fact just wear and tear on the car.(brakes and hoses) Hey, the car is pushing 185000 miles. The main issue with the car is my AC. The unit needs to be rplaced. The heat works great but it does not pay to fix the ac. (Way to expensive.) My saturn is a work horse and I'am proud of the way the car has performed

The heat in the car is fantastic. Its been very cold in NY but the saturn has kept me warm and still drives great

The door locks never reaaly worked well

• SUV