Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Most Helpful|
overall...it's a piece...of....junk
By loyd

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

After driving the car after a few months of purchase... The clutch went on the car... Costing me over $1000 to get fixed... After I got that fixed... The timing chain went which I have read has been the main problem in this year and model... And I had to get a new engine for it because it tore up the pistons and heads in the engine... In appearance inside and out, it's a Nice looking car... But with everything that I've had to put into it in the past year... It has been very frustrating... I would say to try and look for one with one that has decent mileage on it... As for me... I will never buy a Saturn again.

Favorite Features

standard...sun/moonroof...

Suggested Improvements

timing chain...

Dont EVER buy this car or ANY Saturn
By frenzy13

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at years old. I was so excited to get it. But within one day of owning this car it was problem after problem. It started off by shifting hard and the engine light came on. Over the past years I have replaced the O2 sensor (and probably every sensor in the car) the ignition switch, the starter, ball joints, wheel bearings, end links, the heater and the fuel pump-TWICE! Also the speedometer and odometer stopped working a year ago, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The last straw was the brake lights failed (not the bulbs, fuses, or the brake switch) still a mystery. Today I purchased a brand new Toyota Yaris and could never be happier. Please NEVER buy this car!!!

Horrible!
By Hilary

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 129,000 miles on it in September 2008 and it lasted me barely 2 years and died at 165,000 miles. Since i had purchased the car i had put well over $3,000 dollars fixing things. The engine was horrible and always had something wrong. Recently my car stopped i brought it in to the shop and yet again another engine problem that would cost another 4,000 to fix. That's when i said bye to that stupid car.

Favorite Features

I hated this car it was one thing after another breaking down.

Suggested Improvements

Just don't buy it, it will take all the money you have!

car keeps on going
By andy weber

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles on it from an auto repair shop. I have put an additional 75000 miles on the car with no major problems. In fact just wear and tear on the car.(brakes and hoses) Hey, the car is pushing 185000 miles. The main issue with the car is my AC. The unit needs to be rplaced. The heat works great but it does not pay to fix the ac. (Way to expensive.) My saturn is a work horse and I'am proud of the way the car has performed

Favorite Features

The heat in the car is fantastic. Its been very cold in NY but the saturn has kept me warm and still drives great

Suggested Improvements

The door locks never reaaly worked well

Awesome!
By suzzette

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in April of 2008 for 3,000. As a single parent, I needed the most for my buck and that is what I have had. My car currently has 248,00 miles on it. It has never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance and my brother has been able to do that...brakes, change the oil and tires. There is absolutely no reason why this car should be running. I did not have the money so the oil was not changed regularly. Since purchasing this car, I have made many trips across NY state. I am currently looking for another car not because this one is not dependable but because the engine light came on. I am so hesitant to purchase another car, this car has been amazing!

Favorite Features

This car has power probably too much since I have a lead foot. I use to live on the east side of NY state and this car could climb any hill without any hesitation. It has only been in the last 10,000 miles that she started to hesitate.

Suggested Improvements

The material on ceiling is beginning to fall. The seats will no longer move but what more do you want the car has almost 250,000 miles on it.