2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews 2

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
"Satan" not "Saturn"!
By Joelle on 06/29/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

From the moment the keys hit my palm, you name it, it broke! Timing chain, sway bars, ball joints, horn, power locks, steering column, brake line, engine cradle, air condition, blower motor, horn, seat belt latch on driver side, control button for power window and speakers died. I kid you not, this car ruined 5 yrs of my life! I finally got rear ended and the car was totaled! I was injured but happy to know that I would never have to see that hunk of junk again! Buyers beware!

Saturn parts
By Ana Cecilia Ananos on 04/17/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

Any repairs have to be done at the dealer and its prices are very high. For example , Saturn wanted to charge me $170 + taxes to change my two brake lamp bulb sockets. It cost $44.04 for both sockets and my friend changed them for me in less than 1 minute. This is my first car and I will not buy another Saturn in my life.

Awesome!
By suzzette on 02/22/10 05:55 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in April of 2008 for 3,000. As a single parent, I needed the most for my buck and that is what I have had. My car currently has 248,00 miles on it. It has never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance and my brother has been able to do that...brakes, change the oil and tires. There is absolutely no reason why this car should be running. I did not have the money so the oil was not changed regularly. Since purchasing this car, I have made many trips across NY state. I am currently looking for another car not because this one is not dependable but because the engine light came on. I am so hesitant to purchase another car, this car has been amazing!

car keeps on going
By andy weber on 01/16/10 14:26 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

I bought the car with 106000 miles on it from an auto repair shop. I have put an additional 75000 miles on the car with no major problems. In fact just wear and tear on the car.(brakes and hoses) Hey, the car is pushing 185000 miles. The main issue with the car is my AC. The unit needs to be rplaced. The heat works great but it does not pay to fix the ac. (Way to expensive.) My saturn is a work horse and I'am proud of the way the car has performed

overall...it's a piece...of....junk
By loyd on 11/08/09 23:21 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

After driving the car after a few months of purchase... The clutch went on the car... Costing me over $1000 to get fixed... After I got that fixed... The timing chain went which I have read has been the main problem in this year and model... And I had to get a new engine for it because it tore up the pistons and heads in the engine... In appearance inside and out, it's a Nice looking car... But with everything that I've had to put into it in the past year... It has been very frustrating... I would say to try and look for one with one that has decent mileage on it... As for me... I will never buy a Saturn again.

Beware: get a Honda
By Avoid Saturn on 10/27/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I spent over $10,000.00 in repair on my 2000 LS2 from March 2000 to October 2009. the engine and transmission are adequate but this car nickel and dimed me to death on sensors, steering, leaky battery, car doors that wont lock, catalytic converters. My car is worth 2000 but will cost 3200 to repair. Wont pass smog, second catalytic converter, so its gone. Should have bought the Accord I compared it against. Only buy this card if you want to get to know your mechanic better. Good riddance Saturn

Got a good one
By twinmom on 05/06/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

I bought my 2000LW1 in Feb of 2004 it had 20,000 miles. I worked as a courier for a living and drove the car about 300 miles a day, 5 days a week in all weather conditions. This car has 321,000 miles on it!! The only thing that stopped it was hitting a deer last May, which totaled the car. It was all body damage so I just had the motor put in a LS1. After sitting for a year it fired right up and is still running strong. The only things I had to do to the car (before the deer) was oil changes, tires, and at 320,000 had to replace the fuel pump. This was a wonderful car, great gas mileage and fun to drive. I would buy another one for sure. Have to see how many miles the first engine will go.

It's been a great car for me
By ck on 04/10/09 06:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

With all of the negative reviews, I had to chime in. I bought this car new in 2000 and have yet to spend any money on repairs. The only scheduled maint. done has been regular oil changes. Brakes and tires have been replaced as needed. The clutch was replaced at 17,000 and 36,000 under warranty. It has run like a dream ever since, and I have over 176,000 miles on it now. I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car!

Worst Vehicle Ever!
By Raven on 02/05/09 21:26 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

Along with multiple electrical problems, ignition problems, severe vibration, bad power window switch (expensive for plastic) and a rusted out front frame, now the timing chain is going. I knew I didn't want to buy it, now I know why. I've had it less than a year and will be lucky if I can give it away! My Chevy gives me fewer problems at 172k...The Saturn only has 121k It's cramped, sets way too low, placement of cup holders makes access hard. This thing is just an all around lemon. My plymouth breeze was better, and it wasn't a very good car, either.

Junk
By meagan on 01/22/09 18:54 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used and had it for a little over two years before it died. First it was little things (that were costly to fix) went down the tubes on this car. Started out with the automatic shut off on the turn signal breaking, turns out you have to get a whole new steering column. Three of the four speakers blew and the tape deck quit working. Then the power locks went on the fritz. Next it was the odometer that went (no exact mileage makes it hard to sell). Then the blinkers quit working. Finally the engine blew. There were other things that went wrong under the hood also. I am willing to bet that I stuck more into the car than i did buying it.