Used 2000 Saturn L-Series Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

2000 Saturn L-Series

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:

Best car ever!!
By Ezekiel Prado

2000 Saturn L-Series LW1 4dr Wagon

i would recommend this car because you can actually switch the engine to a v6, i have this car and when i switched engines the car was so fast and the life of the car was extended and the engine costed 600$, the 2000 Saturn Lw1 is the best car i have ever had, bbbuuutt the problem is that there is no parts for Saturn vehicles anymore I hate it when they discontinue a company. This is Ezekiel and im 16 years old.

p.s. the car costed about 1,400 and i didnt bought it from edmund

By Elisabeth

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This car was my first car. My mom bought it for 2500$ for my birthday and it wasn't worth it. I've had the car for about 2 years. I've put $1500 into the car, and it might be worth $2000 because of all the repairs I've made. The car sometimes won't start when it's too hot outside. If you give it a few minutes it will eventually. It does great with gas and is very comfortable but that's about it. It's not hard to drive, it drives smooth, but when I first got the car I put in a new axel new tires because the car would shake all over the place when accelerating. Like a rocket about to blast off. That was sketchy.

2000 Saturn L WINS !
By hodman

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Saturn L sedan just before Thanksgiving 1999. It was brand new from the dealer .
The car had 7 miles on the odometer, and ran perfectly.
It still runs exactly perfectly today, with 168,000 miles.
It has been probably the most trouble free car I have ever owned.
The only repair has been a new power steering pump at 40,000 miles, and the Saturn dealer went havers with me on the bill.
Other than that one repair, only routine maintenance has been necessary.
Amazing !
My wife won't let me sell the car !

Excellent gas mileage Very low maintenance costs Very reliable, has never needed towing. Nice design Wonderful original paint job looks like new Huge trunk

4 cylinder engine needs more power, adequate only. It's fine on the freeway, but pick-up at traffic lights is a little slow

Skeptical..But like it!
By hesameanone

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I recentally sold my 98 Camaro for somthing a bit larger, So I bought the Saturn Ls2, Everybody asks me "why did you buy a saturn?" I love the car I hear awfull things about Saturns but, it's really a good car. With the 3.0 it really gets up and goes! The Leather seats are VERY comfortable, But the Build quality lacks quite abit. I think it all depends on how you treat the car, it's taken me everywhere & I just passed 160,000!

Dont EVER buy this car or ANY Saturn
By frenzy13

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at years old. I was so excited to get it. But within one day of owning this car it was problem after problem. It started off by shifting hard and the engine light came on. Over the past years I have replaced the O2 sensor (and probably every sensor in the car) the ignition switch, the starter, ball joints, wheel bearings, end links, the heater and the fuel pump-TWICE! Also the speedometer and odometer stopped working a year ago, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The last straw was the brake lights failed (not the bulbs, fuses, or the brake switch) still a mystery. Today I purchased a brand new Toyota Yaris and could never be happier. Please NEVER buy this car!!!