2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
2000 Saturn L WINS !
By hodman on 01/20/14 01:16 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Saturn L sedan just before Thanksgiving 1999. It was brand new from the dealer . The car had 7 miles on the odometer, and ran perfectly. It still runs exactly perfectly today, with 168,000 miles. It has been probably the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only repair has been a new power steering pump at 40,000 miles, and the Saturn dealer went havers with me on the bill. Other than that one repair, only routine maintenance has been necessary. Amazing ! My wife won't let me sell the car !

Horrible!
By Hilary on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 129,000 miles on it in September 2008 and it lasted me barely 2 years and died at 165,000 miles. Since i had purchased the car i had put well over $3,000 dollars fixing things. The engine was horrible and always had something wrong. Recently my car stopped i brought it in to the shop and yet again another engine problem that would cost another 4,000 to fix. That's when i said bye to that stupid car.

Very good car
By Michael on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my mother who bought it brand new in 2000 for 14k. It has just over 113,000 miles on it and has never had any major problems(save for insignificant oil leak). The car still gets a combined mileage of 30 mpg. Nothings been replaced because it was an early model, without the power options. The clutch is in "darn good condition" as we were told, the body pretty clean save for some crashes. This thing still has some get up and go too. Can get up to speed and keep up with a 2006 Mazda 2.3 until 3rd gear. Overall, I'd recommend this car to whoever is willing to take care of them. Saturns are long for running forever.

best car we ever owned
By saturnfan on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable car, no engine troubles ever, clutch and front brakes lasted to 250,000 km, redid rear brakes a couple of times. Credit manual transmission(5 spd 4 cyl), good driving and highway mileage. Windshield wipers are junk, failed twice, parking brake and air conditioning are troublesome. Fuel economy and comfort are great, sometimes drive 4 hrs at a stretch, interior is a very attractive and comfortable place to be.

"Satan" not "Saturn"!
By Joelle on 06/29/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

From the moment the keys hit my palm, you name it, it broke! Timing chain, sway bars, ball joints, horn, power locks, steering column, brake line, engine cradle, air condition, blower motor, horn, seat belt latch on driver side, control button for power window and speakers died. I kid you not, this car ruined 5 yrs of my life! I finally got rear ended and the car was totaled! I was injured but happy to know that I would never have to see that hunk of junk again! Buyers beware!

Awesome!
By suzzette on 02/22/10 05:55 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in April of 2008 for 3,000. As a single parent, I needed the most for my buck and that is what I have had. My car currently has 248,00 miles on it. It has never been in the shop for anything other than maintenance and my brother has been able to do that...brakes, change the oil and tires. There is absolutely no reason why this car should be running. I did not have the money so the oil was not changed regularly. Since purchasing this car, I have made many trips across NY state. I am currently looking for another car not because this one is not dependable but because the engine light came on. I am so hesitant to purchase another car, this car has been amazing!

It's been a great car for me
By ck on 04/10/09 06:35 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

With all of the negative reviews, I had to chime in. I bought this car new in 2000 and have yet to spend any money on repairs. The only scheduled maint. done has been regular oil changes. Brakes and tires have been replaced as needed. The clutch was replaced at 17,000 and 36,000 under warranty. It has run like a dream ever since, and I have over 176,000 miles on it now. I couldn't have asked for a more reliable car!

Solid Transportation
By Kristin on 01/21/08 08:07 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I've enjoyed driving this car. I purchased it 2 years old with 12,000 miles on it. I am glad for the extended 75,000 warrenty. The car has performed very well over the last 88,000 miles. My biggest complaint is problems with the engine coil. Its been replaced every 35K miles. Other repairs I've made: New steering rack (65k), Catalytic Converter (95K), Accelleration assembly has been 100% replaced over time...problems with sticky pedal, CV Boot (55K). In my experience, these are not excessive repairs, except the engine coil which was replaced under campaign then broke in the same manner later. Its also alway had a slight hesitation under load while climbing.

Not any more
By BIL on 12/20/06 15:18 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

This car served me well and still is but the trade values have slipped. Have owned SL2 also but now they seem to have slipped in quality control. I'll be keeping this one as one of 3 vehicles owned. Overall this 2000 LS has been very reliable. No repairs except wear items like brakes, tires etc.

Excellent Car
By Jon on 07/25/06 12:52 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

This Saturn has been one of the best cars I and or my family has owned. Has been extremely reliable, and fun to drive. The only things I may mention was the rear tail lights that were malfunctioning but were replaced due to a recall. A/C stopped working and was told over 1,000 to replace! Overall great car and great value. Black Chery Color Shimmers between blue, purple, and black. Awesome car with the features at the best price.And on that note. This vehicle is equipped with one of the best sound systems I have heard! Love eh dent resistant side panels.