2000 Saturn L-Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific L-Series model:
2000 Saturn L WINS !
By hodman on 01/20/14 01:16 AM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought my 2000 Saturn L sedan just before Thanksgiving 1999. It was brand new from the dealer . The car had 7 miles on the odometer, and ran perfectly. It still runs exactly perfectly today, with 168,000 miles. It has been probably the most trouble free car I have ever owned. The only repair has been a new power steering pump at 40,000 miles, and the Saturn dealer went havers with me on the bill. Other than that one repair, only routine maintenance has been necessary. Amazing ! My wife won't let me sell the car !

Skeptical..But like it!
By hesameanone on 03/23/12 11:52 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I recentally sold my 98 Camaro for somthing a bit larger, So I bought the Saturn Ls2, Everybody asks me "why did you buy a saturn?" I love the car I hear awfull things about Saturns but, it's really a good car. With the 3.0 it really gets up and goes! The Leather seats are VERY comfortable, But the Build quality lacks quite abit. I think it all depends on how you treat the car, it's taken me everywhere & I just passed 160,000!

Dont EVER buy this car or ANY Saturn
By frenzy13 on 03/22/12 10:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

This was my first car at years old. I was so excited to get it. But within one day of owning this car it was problem after problem. It started off by shifting hard and the engine light came on. Over the past years I have replaced the O2 sensor (and probably every sensor in the car) the ignition switch, the starter, ball joints, wheel bearings, end links, the heater and the fuel pump-TWICE! Also the speedometer and odometer stopped working a year ago, and no one can figure out how to fix it. The last straw was the brake lights failed (not the bulbs, fuses, or the brake switch) still a mystery. Today I purchased a brand new Toyota Yaris and could never be happier. Please NEVER buy this car!!!

This car is amazing
By keiter on 11/08/11 21:38 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This car is amazing. I bought this car in April 2003 with just over 40,000 on it for $12,500. It was worth every penny. It has has been in a wreck when some lady pulled out in front of me and slammed on her breaks, and I smashed the front of the car and did $2500 in damage. I replaced the shocks but that was my fault because I would hill hop. The AC went out in it in the summer and the heater broke in the winter, and the speakers blew, but other than that I haven't had any problems with the car and I'm currently over 206,000 miles on it. It runs as great now as it did the day I bought it even though I once went 8,000 miles between oil changes..

OK Car
By beckyjones on 06/23/11 20:56 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS2 4dr Sedan

I bought my LS200 with about 134,500 miles on it. It is still running. I would say the car is good to get you to and from your destination. It has always started except for once when it ran out of gas (don't drive with your gas light on for too long!) I also HATE the system in my car. I don't know if it is just my particular car but the sound is horrible. I must say, I have put (and still need too) put lots of money into this car. The window controls are in the middle near the gear which is a pain! Daytime running lights are a plus.

If you can buy any other vehicle, buy it; don't buy an L-Series Saturn!
By fuzzybeard2016 on 12/31/10 13:54 PM (PST)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

My wife bought this car as a low-mile 1-owner back in 2002. I realize that (nearly) 9 years of wear and tear can be hard on a vehicle, but considering the luck we've had with the powertrain in the past 3 years, I'm wondering if my wife ran over several black cats in succession after hitting a truck filled with mirrors... To put it bluntly, I'm ecstatic that GM shuttered the Saturn Division. Don't get me wrong, the cars are great *until* things start to fail on them; couple that with an inordinate number of "special" parts that need "special" dealer-only tools to do a basic R/R, and dealers that are as pleasant to deal with as an organized crime syndicate...it was a recipe for failure.

Horrible!
By Hilary on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 129,000 miles on it in September 2008 and it lasted me barely 2 years and died at 165,000 miles. Since i had purchased the car i had put well over $3,000 dollars fixing things. The engine was horrible and always had something wrong. Recently my car stopped i brought it in to the shop and yet again another engine problem that would cost another 4,000 to fix. That's when i said bye to that stupid car.

Very good car
By Michael on 10/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

I inherited this car from my mother who bought it brand new in 2000 for 14k. It has just over 113,000 miles on it and has never had any major problems(save for insignificant oil leak). The car still gets a combined mileage of 30 mpg. Nothings been replaced because it was an early model, without the power options. The clutch is in "darn good condition" as we were told, the body pretty clean save for some crashes. This thing still has some get up and go too. Can get up to speed and keep up with a 2006 Mazda 2.3 until 3rd gear. Overall, I'd recommend this car to whoever is willing to take care of them. Saturns are long for running forever.

best car we ever owned
By saturnfan on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS 4dr Sedan

Extremely reliable car, no engine troubles ever, clutch and front brakes lasted to 250,000 km, redid rear brakes a couple of times. Credit manual transmission(5 spd 4 cyl), good driving and highway mileage. Windshield wipers are junk, failed twice, parking brake and air conditioning are troublesome. Fuel economy and comfort are great, sometimes drive 4 hrs at a stretch, interior is a very attractive and comfortable place to be.

It's been good to us.
By Wm/Sharon McDaniel on 07/23/10 17:21 PM (PDT)

2000 Saturn L-Series LS1 4dr Sedan

This is my wife's car and she is 100% satisfied with it. The only thing that has been replaced is the liner under the hood about four months ago. Of course it has been tuned up, had tires and battery replaced and one taillight last year. Everything still works fine including the sound system, air conditioner and power windows. It has always been serviced by the dealer. It has always been garaged and it still looks new.