2007 Saturn ION - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ION model:
Saturn Ion 3 Qad Coupe 2.4
By Dave Waldrom on 05/21/07 11:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Comparing this vehicle to my last car, 2001 Ford Focus ZX3. Ion ride is smoother than Focus. Corners better than Focus(less lean). Better acceration than Focus. Easier entry and exit than Focus ZX3. More interior room than Focus ZX3. Gas mileage is about the same, 24-25 mpg vs 24-25 mpg, even though the Ion has 175 HP vs Focus 130 HP. Ion steering has a better road feel. Ion trunk opens and closes easier than Focus. Ion rear seats fold down and back up easier than Focus. Entry to the rear of the Ion is easier with the Ion due to the rear quad coupe doors. Ion center console is almost useless.

Good Buy
By citystars136 on 01/29/07 07:00 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

The car is a great car. Very quick from the factory. Comfortable, and easy to drive. I get looks all the time, and everyone can't believe how good it looks. They are suprised when I say it's a Saturn.

Cheepest $20k toy around!
By Onesmith on 01/25/07 12:14 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION Red Line 4dr Coupe (2.0L 4cyl S/C 5M)

I like the fact this car does not sell well because I would hate for some one to discover Saturn's best kept secret! I like being the only one around with this car. It is all mine. Not like a Mustang or Civic or SRT4 Neon. It's rare and it's fast, yet nimble. I have the carbon fiber dash kit wich adds some pizazz to the interior! I allso have GMPP stage 2. A non-voided performance upgrade from GM. The best thing is the supercharger whine! The noise the car makes under full load is amazing. I can't forget the dent resistant body panels. Going to the mall or just leaving the car in the yard I know its going to be dent free! Best car around for the price. Too bad it's in its last year of production.

Excellent Value for Its Price
By PhantomSoul on 01/19/07 09:11 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my ION when my 4-year-old VW Jetta needed a ridiculously expensive amount of repairs in order to pass the NJ emmissions exam. Since, I've never looked back. The car has no known issues that I've experienced and is very reliable, stable at high speeds and has actually been more fun to drive than the last car -- believe it or not. The dealership experience was great too. Pretty much everything you'd expect from Saturn's reputation. For those of us on a limited budget, the ION shows that we can still get a car that we actually enjoy driving.

Always in for repair. Poor Service.
By MadMatt on 01/11/07 13:08 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Took my ION 2 in for service 2 weeks after the initial 30 day exchange period. Major vibration, accompanied with various rattles from engine compartment. Remount power train. No change. Took it back a week later. Foam insulated my Washer Fluid tank, remount Engine. No change. 3 months later (trying to let prob get worse) foam reattach fan shroud (rattled lose) flash entire car computer. No change, gas mileage drops to 18mpg city. Foam insulate passenger headlight (now cockeyed) prior to getting home that day. Corporate insisted that 4 times isn't enough, take it to another shop. This shop now wants me to come get, and bring back next week for parts. 6 times in shop. 2600 miles. Avoid!

Best car for the money, hands down.
By Getch on 12/20/06 08:57 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Built in America, built by Americas, and reliable. The Honda Civic doesn't even compare in my mind in terms of price and quality.

Great Car
By LuvinmySaturn on 12/01/06 16:51 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This is a great car! It is the first Saturn that I've ever owned and I love it! The mileage is great. I like the center dashboard and the responsiveness of the car. Currently, my car has a leaking problem, but the dealership gave me a loaner and I have confidence in them to fix it. Other than that, the car has been superb. I like the fact that if I need to accelerate quickly that it doesn't shift in to a "passing gear", but that it just accelerates!

Saturn
By Justin Swift on 11/17/06 08:36 AM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This makes my 3rd Saturn and I love it. Smooth ride and low interior noise. Not a whole lot of shift shock from the auto transmission and it also has very good acceleration. The power steering is excellent, and it seems to really hug the corners. The suspension is very nice also, you don't even really notice going over RR tracks. Also very roomy for a smaller car. Excellent head room. The sunroof leaked early on, and Saturn gave me a loaner car and fixed it right away. So great service on their part. Also the low pressure approach of their sales team made the buying experience great.

Satisfied Saturn Owner
By Darold's ION on 11/08/06 15:32 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 2 4dr Coupe (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I really enjoy driving my ION. It has a lot of nice features and it seems to perfom really well .

A very satisfied owner of an ION 3
By John Huddleston on 11/01/06 14:59 PM (PST)

2007 Saturn ION 3 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchached an ION 3 /enhanced performance package and this car has everything I need. The center mounted console takes some getting used to, but it really looks cool once you get used to it. A+

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.